Moral Dilema

MekA_OnES?

What is the fate of this iphone?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright,

So the other day my friends had a concert at like 3 in the afternoon, so naturally me and a couple buddies had a bit to drink before we went. We all went to the show pretty hammered and with nothing to do after we decided to take a drive over to the lake at the Northwestern University's campus.

So we're chillen outside of my car having a square and being rowdy and what have you, when all of a sudden some guy shows up. He asks us if we'd been there a while. Being the most drunk out of my friends, I spoke up first. Yeah, I said we have. He says, well, I found this iPhone, does it belong to any of you. So without even thinking(most likely cuz I was drunk and when I'm drunk I turn into a theif of sorts), I start patting myself down and looking around frantically. Then I exclaim, "Oh, shit!" I then ask dude if I can take a look at the phone. He hands it to me. I then say, "Oh my god thank you so much!" and without a second glance he walks away.

Upon inspecting the phone and it's contents I have concluded that it belongs to some kid at Northwestern who is most likely on a semester abroad from spain or some shit. I get a text on the phone that says, "If you find this mobile phone I will give u a great reward!"

So herein lies the dilema. Do I keep this BRAND new iphone or do I give this poor kid his phone back and collecct this "great reward?"

I'm at a loss, so I was wondering what all of you think I should do.........

So basically your options are:

1) Give it back and probably collect a reward (that you don't really deserve, but I'm sure could use.)

2) Keep it and wait till the cops track it's signal and lock you up for stealing it.

3) get rid of it.

Don't be a retard.

I once lost my wallet skating back in the day when I used to sag my pants a little too hard.

Some dude found it and found my girls buisiness card and called her to ask if she knew me.

She set it up for me to meet up with dude and get my wallet back.

I was more psyched about getting my SS card and ID and phone numbers (before cell-phones) and shit back than I was about the money.

I offered dude a 20 spot and he wouldn't even take it.

I hope that guy ended up winning the lottery or at least got to bang a hot chick that night.

I'll put it another way.

When a girl I'm dating starts telling me that she's starting to have second thoughts about hanging out with me, I assume that the relationship is over and get bummed so I can get that part of the process out of the way ASAP. This usually entails a lot of drinking/drug use/avoidance....which 99% of the time resorts in backpedaling on her end. I then tell them that I know that they have already made up their minds, and that it's impossible to put the genie back in the bottle...and my ignoring them and binging is actually a lot healthier than me being some lame stalker fag, and isn't a ploy to get them to come back, but my way of forgetting that they ever existed.

In other words, you already know what you're going to do, and all the talking to us about it isn't going to make a difference.

true story.... My chick lost wallet last week with ALL her cash in it,some freshman dude finds it at school and returns it cash and all...chick goes shopping yesterday finds a ladies wallet..(picture of a little girl inside walllet with my chicks name on it!!)we get ahold of the lady and return it...give it back to the dude,you might lose something alot more important than an iphone and you will want someone to give it back..

I'll put it another way.

When a girl I'm dating starts telling me that she's starting to have second thoughts about hanging out with me, I assume that the relationship is over and get bummed so I can get that part of the process out of the way ASAP. This usually entails a lot of drinking/drug use/avoidance....which 99% of the time resorts in backpedaling on her end. I then tell them that I know that they have already made up their minds, and that it's impossible to put the genie back in the bottle...and my ignoring them and binging is actually a lot healthier than me being some lame stalker fag, and isn't a ploy to get them to come back, but my way of forgetting that they ever existed.

In other words, you already know what you're going to do, and all the talking to us about it isn't going to make a difference.

I seriously don't know what I'm gonna do.....spectr made me a pretty good deal though:cool:

and DAO, how do u not understand how this is a moral dilema, karma plays into the dilema but if I don't believe in it then it's a matter of morality

I would give it back and not worry about the reward.

Unless it was something totally amazing such as a time portal or a mini-fainter goat.

But that is because I am a nice person.

And have no use for a phone.

Positive thoughts lead to positive actions lead to positive rewards.

Do good things for people and you feel good.

And usually good things end up happening to you.

At least, that is how it works in my life.

• Like 1

Of course I want the iphone, but everytime I think of keeping it I think of the guy who tried to return it, only to be bamboozled by some drunk kid. He tried to return it. Which makes me wonder why I couldn't be a good person like him......

Give it back Sudds.....All joking aside, Now is a good time to start being that good person you want to be. Trust me, you'll see more rewards than whatever that dude was going to give you.

edited to say...karma is real. Call it what you want....but if you put out positive things, positive things come back to you and vice versa. It's tried and tested. it works.

I would give it back and not worry about the reward.

Unless it was something totally amazing such as a time portal or a mini-fainter goat.

But that is because I am a nice person.

And have no use for a phone.

Positive thoughts lead to positive actions lead to positive rewards.

Do good things for people and you feel good.

And usually good things end up happening to you.

At least, that is how it works in my life.

Couldn't have said it better :lol:

suds, you sound like a wish washey fag.. id give it back because dude is probably much cooler than you and will get some prime ass due to his cool phone, whereas you would just impress your grandma. anyways good luck and i hope your mother gets run over by a garbage truck.

go crawl back into the shithole you came from, you crumb.

suds, you sound like a wish washey fag.. id give it back because dude is probably much cooler than you and will get some prime ass due to his cool phone, whereas you would just impress your grandma. anyways good luck and i hope your mother gets run over by a garbage truck.

OH SNAP THE GAY NIGGER IS AMONG US!!!

I've given back A digital camera that got left behind by a drunk girl and what have you, but this is unique. A kid whose parents sent him over here and bought him an iPhone really doesn't start out in my block of people who deserve sympathy.

I'm in the 'find out what the reward is' camp to give him a chance though.