Why I think 1986 and 1987 were awesome, feel free to share your reasons.

the_gooch

Again, yet another pointless thread made by el_gooch.

As much as I hated the 6th and 7th grade (1986 & 1987) at the time, I can't help but look back on these years as some of the best times I've had. Let me illustrate why these years were awesome:

1986:

January 19 - The first PC virus, Brain, starts to spread.

January 20 - The United Kingdom and France announce plans to construct the Channel Tunnel.

July 1- CSX Transportation established.

July 5 - The Statue of Liberty is reopened to the public after an extensive refurbishing.

October 27 - The New York Mets win the Major League Baseball World Series, defeating the Boston Red Sox in 7 games. This was the second world series title in the Mets franchise.

November 22 - Mike Tyson wins his first world boxing title by defeating Trevor Berbick in Las Vegas.

1987:

January 25 - The New York Giants defeat the Denver Broncos, 39-20, in Super Bowl XXI to win the NFL Championship for the first time since 1956.

February 12 - A Unabomber bomb explodes in Salt Lake City, Utah.

February 20 - A second Unabomber bomb explodes at the Salt Lake City computer store; the owner is injured.

March 29 - WrestleMania III is held at the Pontiac Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan, setting the North American indoor attendance record at 93,173.

April 19 - The first appearance of The Simpsons on The Tracy Ullman Show.

May 11 - The first heart-lung transplant takes place in Baltimore, Maryland.

May 26 - Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Iron Sheik are arrested together in car for possession of marijuana. Many feel this is the beginning of the end for pro wrestling trying to hide the fact that it is scripted entertainment and not real sport, as Duggan and Sheik were portrayed as hated rivals.

July 27- Australian singer Kylie Minogue releases her first hit, a remake of Little Eva's The Locomotion.

(fuck you, she was hot in that video!)

August 22 - The Legend of Zelda released for the NES in North America.

November 22 - Two Chicago television stations are hijacked by an unknown pirate dressed as Max Headroom

December 1 - Construction of the Channel Tunnel is initiated.

December 2 - Hustler Magazine v. Falwell is argued before the U.S. Supreme Court.

Shoko Asahara founds Aum Shinrikyo.

Thomas Knoll and John Knoll develop the first version of Photoshop.

Yes, every year has had interesting shit going on, i'm just claiming 86 and 87 as 2 of my personal favorites.

Metallica_-_Master_of_Puppets.jpg

AnthraxAmongTheLiving.jpg

subst.jpg

Bdp1.jpg

legendofzelda1.jpg

hosoi-backside-air-jeffs-ramp-circa-1986-photo-jason-oliva.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images