Why I think 1986 and 1987 were awesome, feel free to share your reasons.

the_gooch

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That Hutch is serious business.

Here's a couple more-

I had one of these, but more hooked up-

86pg8.jpg

My friend had this same exact Performer-

gtperf2_lg.jpg

Nowadays I'd kill for one of these-

copy_of_img_0003_lg.jpg

...illest BMX bike ever. I saw one at a swap and they wanted two grand for it.

Amiga graphics were the shit.

w3.jpg

This guy claims that's a Amiga 500 running "Wings" with a scan doubler on a LCD, but I doubt it.

More nerd shit- try this out in a command prompt/terminal-

$telnet 209.151.141.59

That should connect you to a C 64 BBS running at 1200 baud. It's been a little spotty lately, it doesn't seem to want to run in ASCII mode. That could have more to do with xterm, though.

I have no idea what's on there. There were a couple games and some textfiles on there, but obviously you're not going to get a great deal out of a C64 board.

That Hutch is serious business.

...illest BMX bike ever. I saw one at a swap and they wanted two grand for it.

I was lookin around for a trickstar and came across a SUPERCLEAN one on e-bay w/ 3 piece Hutch cranks... fuckin thing sold for over 4K.... :eek: Tooo much for my blood to drop on a quick visit back to my youngin dayz, although I seriously considered bidding on it when it was in the 1500 area. :scrambled:

bump them STAND BY ME pics... "Wanna see a dead body..?"

Amiga graphics were the shit.

w3.jpg

This guy claims that's a Amiga 500 running "Wings" with a scan doubler on a LCD, but I doubt it.

$telnet 209.151.141.59

That should connect you to a C 64 BBS running at 1200 baud. It's been a little spotty lately, it doesn't seem to want to run in ASCII mode. That could have more to do with xterm, though.

I have no idea what's on there. There were a couple games and some textfiles on there, but obviously you're not going to get a great deal out of a C64 board.

Shai please speak English. What is it are you saying?

/nocomputersavy.

$telnet 209.151.141.59

Shai please speak English. What is it are you saying?

/nocomputersavy.

Wings is an old Amiga game. Amiga 500s had great graphics for the time, but they weren't THAT nice.

The rest is me explaining how to get on a BBS that uses a Commodore 64 as its server, and commenting on the pros and cons of that.

RSDEVIL- I was talking about the blue Cinelli BMX. I think it's the same one from the bike swap I was at that was going for two g's.

Hutches are going for 4 grand? That's insane. My friend paid $800 for a Floval Flyer, and I thought he was tripping.