Why I think 1986 and 1987 were awesome, feel free to share your reasons.

the_gooch

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh and i started tagging in '86 so that was awesome

same time for me too. I remember seeing tags in the bathroom at school and came up with the name Mystery..lol. I wish I could still remember that handstyle. Best thing that ever happened to me.

Other than that, 86 and 87 were about basketball. Can't say that I was up to date with the music scene though, my pops records ruled the house. So it was about The Doors, Led Zepplin, James Gang, Ten Years After, Boston, etc...

Alaska's 1986 UFO sighting still rouses curiosity KTUU Channel 2 News (Alaska), November 8, 2002

Summary: Although man has walked on the moon and orbited the earth, there is still no proof that intelligent beings exist on other planets. Yet scientists believe there could be. There is even one account to suggest aliens have flown over Alaska. "Either there's something there or there isn't it," says former FAA division chief John Callahan. "Is it a spaceship or not? Why would they say it's a spaceship if it's not? The radar ain't lying."

Washington, D.C., Nov. 8 - Although man has walked on the moon and orbited the earth, there is still no proof that intelligent beings exist on other planets. Yet scientists believe there could be.

There is even one account to suggest aliens have flown over Alaska. For generations, man has fictionalized what it would be like to meet aliens or unidentified flying objects. But again, that's just fiction. This may be fact. "Either there's something there or there isn't it," says former FAA division chief John Callahan. "Is it a spaceship or not? Why would they say it's a spaceship if it's not? The radar ain't lying." Radar reports were part of what Callahan investigated while working for the Federal Aviation Administration in 1986. The investigation stemmed from a report by a Japan Airlines 747, as it flew about 50 miles from Anchorage. An inexplicable image appeared on air traffic control and military computers, and the three pilots flying the plane claimed they saw a UFO. "The pilot has it on his radar, and then the pilot and the other two guys in the cockpit look out the window, and they see him over here, and they see him over there, and they see him over here, and for 31 minutes," Callahan says. The FAA said the incident was due to a radar malfunction. The CIA believed the pilots, Callahan says, but it buried the story. "The CIA said it was a UFO. The CIA said we're not going to tell the public, because it would scare the public. They told me that." Stories like Callahan's were the subject of a symposium Friday in Washington, D.C. Reputable scientists and even a former NASA official concluded such stories may be more than just the visions of those with active imaginations. "Within our own backyard, the Milky Way Galaxy, there could be literally 50 billion planets, of which 10 percent may be earthlike in nature," says Dr. Michio Kaku of City University of New York. "So it's hard to believe that God would create a universe and waste it, making all these barren planets." Scientists say more funding needs to be devoted to determining if there is life on other planets -- and they acknowledge there is also the challenge of getting people to accept the idea of alien life. That's an idea Callahan accepted two decades ago. "What I'm hoping is, before I die, to be able to say I told you so," he says.

Callahan continued to work for the FAA after the Japan Airlines incident. He is now retired and does some aviation consulting.

:freak:

yo, i hate to piss you off but, that was the first car i ever owned (or stole) and ended up flipping it a few times, completely beyond repair.

flipping it, and fucking destroying it was fun as hell though

doesnt make me mad that you cant drive... haha

no but seriously why would that piss me off?

"Now 87... That was my favorite shit god......."

87 GNX- Might have been ugly, but disgustingly fast

800px-1987_Buick_Grand_National.jpg

1987 was the best year of grand nationals .iIt was the one they put a front mount intercooler on. I don't know if that is a gnx though . I think they had honeycomb rims . The regal t type was pretty raw too.

1986:

January 19 - The first PC virus, Brain, starts to spread.

fuck that and fuck mac

January 20 - The United Kingdom and France announce plans to construct the Channel Tunnel.

fuck all that wasted bread on a tunnel. buy me a drink bitch.

July 1- CSX Transportation established.

fuck csx and their heavy buff and heavy rail cop activities. fuck them and all their fucking crap. i would have rather it had stayed chessie systems and seaboard.

July 5 - The Statue of Liberty is reopened to the public after an extensive refurbishing.

whatever

October 27 - The New York Mets win the Major League Baseball World Series, defeating the Boston Red Sox in 7 games. This was the second world series title in the Mets franchise.

thats ok i guess

November 22 - Mike Tyson wins his first world boxing title by defeating Trevor Berbick in Las Vegas.

mike is king

1987:

January 25 - The New York Giants defeat the Denver Broncos, 39-20, in Super Bowl XXI to win the NFL Championship for the first time since 1956.

dope

February 12 - A Unabomber bomb explodes in Salt Lake City, Utah.

this guy was alright

kinda creepy tho

February 20 - A second Unabomber bomb explodes at the Salt Lake City computer store; the owner is injured.

March 29 - WrestleMania III is held at the Pontiac Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan, setting the North American indoor attendance record at 93,173.

hells fucking yes

April 19 - The first appearance of The Simpsons on The Tracy Ullman Show.

another awesome

May 11 - The first heart-lung transplant takes place in Baltimore, Maryland.

May 26 - Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Iron Sheik are arrested together in car for possession of marijuana. Many feel this is the beginning of the end for pro wrestling trying to hide the fact that it is scripted entertainment and not real sport, as Duggan and Sheik were portrayed as hated rivals.

July 27- Australian singer Kylie Minogue releases her first hit, a remake of Little Eva's The Locomotion.

(fuck you, she was hot in that video!)

August 22 - The Legend of Zelda released for the NES in North America.

November 22 - Two Chicago television stations are hijacked by an unknown pirate dressed as Max Headroom

December 1 - Construction of the Channel Tunnel is initiated.

December 2 - Hustler Magazine v. Falwell is argued before the U.S. Supreme Court.

Shoko Asahara founds Aum Shinrikyo.

Thomas Knoll and John Knoll develop the first version of Photoshop.