i hate boston

suca

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The day "Casa Mexico," in Cambridge, closed was the day a small piece of Boston died for me. That place was probably the best Mexican food I've ever had. Not to mention the pitchers of Margaritas. My buddy and I used to go to that place every Saturday night, drink two pitchers of margaritas, eat the best food in the city, then go down to the Charles to smoke a joint. Those were damn good times.

One night we did our routine, and as we're walking back we passed one of the Harvard dorm areas. It's one of the old school ones that Samuel Adams probably raped slaves in when they came through the underground railroad. So we're all sorts of stupid and we hear all this music and partying going on. So I have the brilliant idea to crash the party and drink more. Now my buddy is 6 ft 8 and had dreadlocks that went half way down his back. He sticks out, so he was against it. He was thinking it would be trouble and they'd boot our asses out and I'd make a scene. So I'm still all about it and tell him to wait while I check it out. So my drunken stoned ass rolls up into this place and is standing in this front room with a curved stairway, nice chandelier hanging from the ceiling, and powder wig paintings on the wall. All of a sudden about 13 nine year old kids come running out and stop and stare at me. It was some little kid's birthday party. I just yelled "Oh --wrong house!" and bolted before I ended up on some list.

I miss Boston.

• Like 1

To add to the Bodega discussion, I thought it was OK but only cuz I went for strictly shoes, and got them during one of those crazy "All you can carry for $100" sales or whatever it was.

Came up on like 9 pairs and all the ones I didn't really like I just returned to malls in Providence for store credit. Worked out amazing for me

Guest JohnLester#31

Bodega

Bodega

Bodega

Bodega

Bodega

All of you baggin on Bodega,

make it seem like they're doing something right to an outsider not from Boston city.

Before the clothes,

it was strictly tier zero kicks.

I think thats pretty genuine considering most sneaker stores don't carry tier zero.

Bump Bodega and the Tannery business for the sneakers they hold.

The day "Casa Mexico," in Cambridge, closed was the day a small piece of Boston died for me. That place was probably the best Mexican food I've ever had. Not to mention the pitchers of Margaritas. My buddy and I used to go to that place every Saturday night, drink two pitchers of margaritas, eat the best food in the city, then go down to the Charles to smoke a joint. Those were damn good times.

One night we did our routine, and as we're walking back we passed one of the Harvard dorm areas. It's one of the old school ones that Samuel Adams probably raped slaves in when they came through the underground railroad. So we're all sorts of stupid and we hear all this music and partying going on. So I have the brilliant idea to crash the party and drink more. Now my buddy is 6 ft 8 and had dreadlocks that went half way down his back. He sticks out, so he was against it. He was thinking it would be trouble and they'd boot our asses out and I'd make a scene. So I'm still all about it and tell him to wait while I check it out. So my drunken stoned ass rolls up into this place and is standing in this front room with a curved stairway, nice chandelier hanging from the ceiling, and powder wig paintings on the wall. All of a sudden about 13 nine year old kids come running out and stop and stare at me. It was some little kid's birthday party. I just yelled "Oh --wrong house!" and bolted before I ended up on some list.

I miss Boston.

nah, if u want good mexican food what about ANNA'S TAQUERIA???

and as far as bodega, never been there, prolet is straight tho

Anna's Taqueria isn't shit compared to Casa Mexico. It's good and all, but it is Taco Bell compared to Casa Mexico. Not to mention it's just a taco/burrito joint. Casa was a full on restaurant serving booze, enchiladas verde, mole poblano enchiladas, the best refried beans on this planet, and guacamole that would make you cry from your tits.

Anna's ain't shit. Even without Casa around anymore, there are much better places to go in that city for Mexican food.

monday20blues20025.jpg.065ee31ebb9ef79090a0c409cec09c6c.jpg

the9.jpg.a60f5e3885d4ca9b9b12be4381f78187.jpg

you're surprised that you got treated like a retard for buying paint at bodega? how fucking so? if you're going to a hip sneaker store to buy your fucking supplies you should get treated like a bag of shit. whoever is selling you the paint knows you probably don't know shit about shit.

considering

I come from Australia and was told by locals that Bodega was the spot to I went there.

I had no idea it was a sneaker store.I was expecting a store possibly even run by graff cats that might be cool to an outsider who wasn't asking about spots but simply wanted to buy some paint.

I'm sure as far as buying shoes or something they are probably cool but the drawn out process

"Hi I heard you sell paint?"

"yeah" (goes back to reading the paper)

"well I need to buy some"

"yeah" (goes back to reading the paper)

"what have you got?"

"don't got much colours man"

"well what do you have"

"only 6 colours man"

"might I perchance enquire as to the descriptions of these colours if you could tear yourself away from the sox results for a second good sir?"

"what you want"

"yeah look if nothing else I need a white a black and two other colours"

(goes downstairs, grabs 4 really shit colours comes back up at least he got the white right)

the end of the transaction takes exactly a 1/4 of the time of that conversation

so yeah dude was a douche

As for knowing shit about shit I had 1.5 days in boston, .5 for sightseeing and one to try and paint by myself so instead of wasting all my time trying to find a lowes or something I went with what i knew...

which is what you do when you paint overseas on a limited timeframe. try it sometime before you call me a bag of shit.

Anna's Taqueria isn't shit compared to Casa Mexico. It's good and all, but it is Taco Bell compared to Casa Mexico. Not to mention it's just a taco/burrito joint. Casa was a full on restaurant serving booze, enchiladas verde, mole poblano enchiladas, the best refried beans on this planet, and guacamole that would make you cry from your tits.

Anna's ain't shit. Even without Casa around anymore, there are much better places to go in that city for Mexican food.

If Anna's is shit to you, then tell me the next best after your beloved Casa Mexico.

Boston is cool. If you can afford it. I tend to spend most of my time in Lowell.

I know, I know...

Red Sox games are fucking mad. And expensive. Most of my family enjoy Bruins-Habs games because the Habs fans are fucking "retahded" with their fuzzball-topped hats and endless Molson.

The T WAS the awesome. It used to be cheap, used simple things such as tokens, and had standard turnstyles. Now it's those fucking weird glass barricades and a fucking card. Fucking stupid.

Hardvard Square is alright. Fuck Quincy Market. Except for Durgin Park. The waitresses in that place made my uncle cry when he was a child.

My dad was born in Cambridge. Peace to all the Portuguese and Azores people out that way. I see you.

If Anna's is shit to you, then tell me the next best after your beloved Casa Mexico.

Anna's isn't shit. I lived by the one on Harvard in Brookline for a minute, and ate there often. I'm just saying that compared to a restaurant like Casa, it’s just a burrito joint. It’s like a Chipotle or Boca Grande.

I haven’t been back to Boston in almost 10 years now, so I’m going off that time period. I’d say Casa Romero was a good second, but way over priced which kind of ruins it. I can’t remember the name of the place, but there is a spot in Somerville that makes Guacamole at the table. I went there once and it was pretty good. People also hyped up that Sol place in Brookline, but I wasn’t psyched on it.

If you never ate at Casa, you wouldn’t understand how good the food was.

It’s been a while. Anna’s is good, don’t get me wrong, it just doesn’t compare to family recipes in a family run restaurant.

co signed