i want to see your vinyl/vinyl appreciation thread/nerd shit

boogie hands

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Picked these two up Friday at goodwill. I probably looked and sounded like I lost my damn mind in there by myself but.

FeL12fVXoAAZovK?format=jpg&name=large

FeL124zXgAAXxK_?format=jpg&name=large

Also did my first purchase of vinyl online last week and they came in from Amazon today.. prolly will rarely do it again unless it's for something I'll never find out in the wild that I really want.

FeL11kJXgAAYtqP?format=jpg&name=large

FeL12AuXwAI599E?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

On 10/1/2022 at 6:28 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

First piece of my new set up. Got rid of everything during the roommate years when I was moving like every 9 months. Tech 12 is next 

C59D45C7-6A0A-4CCF-805C-7148BE8163DF.jpeg

6F2D6305-380B-4DC8-9D8A-02E85911DEAB.jpeg

Copped this end table for $19. And got these Sony speakers for free. Things are coming together 

turntable on top of amp ok or a no-no?

planning to keep records on that little shelf and have speakers on the ground

B27A701C-8D57-42B3-9911-DDF85CD1C1E8.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/5/2022 at 9:57 AM, nicklesndimes said:

my speakers sit on these foam bases to sound isolate

16649818194668896659370733077083.jpg

Speaker looks like a polykevlar k2. 

That's not a bad idea.  One of my buddies is the audiophile industry, and the engineering that goes into developing design and materials to lessen vibration plays a huge roll in sound quality.  It's nuts!  But weight is just part of the achievement.  Then there is cabling.  It's crazy.  

But these systems sound so good and these companies It's always try to push the envelope to what they think pure sound should be. 

• Props 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Found my speakers today. $17 for both at a thrift store. They were BNIB and part of a home theater set up from the 90s, guessing from designs on the box. Opened the box, took them out of their foam wrapping, and took these to the counter and said they didn’t have a tag but I want them lol. Second pic showing stock speaker wire has never been twisted around a receiver stud.

All I have left to get is a 1200 and start stacking records. 

i hope these sound ok. I can’t find anything online when I search their P/N

E500E21A-0AE1-4B81-A120-D818CF8E3E76.jpeg

72F5B10E-3F91-4AF0-BA50-D8BC4D439C87.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Found my speakers today. $17 for both at a thrift store. They were BNIB and part of a home theater set up from the 90s, guessing from designs on the box. Opened the box, took them out of their foam wrapping, and took these to the counter and said they didn’t have a tag but I want them lol. Second pic showing stock speaker wire has never been twisted. All I have left to get is a 1200 and start stacking records. 

i hope these sound ok. I can’t find anything online when I search their P/N

E500E21A-0AE1-4B81-A120-D818CF8E3E76.jpeg

72F5B10E-3F91-4AF0-BA50-D8BC4D439C87.jpeg

A Technique 1200? Did they start making them again? If not, what do they go for used these days in good condition? Probably a lot.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

@LUGRThe plan to get a solo Tech1200 went kaput last night. Was offered a deal i couldn’t pass on. Was able to swoop up TWO functional Pioneer PLX1000 with Stanton headshells and all cables for $400 cash. Just need cartridges and styli now. And a mixer I guess. And a bigger desk/space

Sick! Now you’re a DJ!

• LOL! 1

13 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Where’s your cross fader and second table?!?!

I’ll get a mixer later on. I have the other table on a shelf waiting. Just wanted to get up and running for now and get comfortable with how this all works. I’ll have to move some furniture abound to make everything fit better and get the speakers off of this desk I think. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

It seems like it should work. Just copper wire right? 

I mean if you want to get technical, depending on the gauge used in the wires individually if it's a larger Guage than recommended you could loose sound quality so to speak.  But yes, in general it should work.  

On a side note - I am sure you made audiophiles around the world lose sleep if they ever find this thread and read it. Lolz

6 hours ago, ndv said:

I mean if you want to get technical, depending on the gauge used in the wires individually if it's a larger Guage than recommended you could loose sound quality so to speak.  But yes, in general it should work.  

On a side note - I am sure you made audiophiles around the world lose sleep if they ever find this thread and read it. Lolz

Lol 

• LOL! 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been troubleshooting some sound issues for a couple weeks now. Left and right speakers randomly act up. Either get distorted, fade out, or just not work on start up. Bounces back and forth from left speaker and right speaker. Sometimes will play sound flawlessly. I won’t touch anything and then when I try to listen to music the next day it happens again. 

i figured it was the cheapo speaker wire that came with these home theater speaker from AmVets but I changed it out for some 16ga speakerwire and banana plugs to the amp, but the Issue persists. 

Have checked all the connections over and over. Wires to speaker, wires to amp. Wires to turntable, wires to amp. 

i think I’m gonna buy an FM antenna or cheap CD player to hook up to the amp and see if the issue continues. If it doesn’t, I’ve isolated it to the turntable. If the issue continues I think I’ve isolated it to the amp… maybe? It could be the speakers…

90FB86CC-F00C-4D30-ACB6-703944DAB187.jpeg

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, LUGR said:

^Street Level is dope!

Probably your thrift store speakers.

It’s the simplest solution so probably the right one. Maybe they can’t take what the amp is pushing. There is a guitar center nearby that has some used speakers I want to check out. OfferUp hasn’t been delivering 

• Like 1