i want to see your vinyl/vinyl appreciation thread/nerd shit

boogie hands

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...

Tonight I was chatting w a good homie who spins edm at clubs bout how I’ve been getting into vinyl. Told him I am aggressively collecting roots reggae. He told me I am the first person he’s ever met IRL who is about mixing reggae lol. Talked crate digging for a bit. Have been to some of his sets and he’s legit, not new. Has moved from vinyl to all digital tho

He also told me skrillex has talked in interviews for his love for, and start with, spinning reggae back in the day? Wild info. Roots eternal!

———

that discogs buy for Winston hussey fell through. Had to repurchase from another seller. En route. Ultra hyped. That side A could be argued as the best lovers rock album ever released. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2023 at 6:41 AM, fat ralphy said:

VMP has been giving subscribers free records for continued membership- these came yesterday.

image.jpg

How’s the VMP branding effect resell value on these? Would be interested to gain a few gems this way but wouldn’t want the collection to fill w a bunch of stuff I’m not interested in too. The Teddy is dope. Do you select genre when you enroll? Sorry if I’ve asked this before … I feel like I have (?)

@KILZ FILLZyou select a “track”, if you aren’t into the record of the month you can swap for another tracks album or something in the store. If that isn’t finding you anything you can just swap for store credit.

From what I have seen, a bunch of the VMP stuff does pretty well in secondary market. They have a couple touches with each release that are usually not available elsewhere.

• Like 1

Whilst I appreciate the nuance of audio I’m glad I haven’t delved into the vinyl rabbithole as it seems that I would get lost in it.

I will continue to keep an eye on this thread though to see what oontzers spend their hard earned money on music wise.

And I came here to post a link to the Passion & Warfare vinyl edition I got an email for the other day but it sold out the 1000 copies already. Sort of a celebration of when I see Steve for the 5th time this coming November thanks to my hood friend scoring me a ticket.

10 hours ago, Mauler5150 said:

Whilst I appreciate the nuance of audio I’m glad I haven’t delved into the vinyl rabbithole as it seems that I would get lost in it.

I will continue to keep an eye on this thread though to see what oontzers spend their hard earned money on music wise.

And I came here to post a link to the Passion & Warfare vinyl edition I got an email for the other day but it sold out the 1000 copies already. Sort of a celebration of when I see Steve for the 5th time this coming November thanks to my hood friend scoring me a ticket.

I’m loving  it man. I got most of my set up for free/highly homie hook-up’ed. Thouroghly  enjoyed learning how to balance the turntable and setting everything up. Had set up 5.1 and 7.1 surrounds before but having so much more fun with this 2.1.  I mostly spin roots tho and highly manipulate them. Slow them down a ton and ramp the bass up. Next for me in a mixer so I can blend 

2 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

I’m loving  it man. I got most of my set up for free/highly homie hook-up’ed. Thouroghly  enjoyed learning how to balance the turntable and setting everything up. Had set up 5.1 and 7.1 surrounds before but having so much more fun with this 7.1.  I mostly spin roots tho and highly manipulate them. Slow them down a ton and ramp the bass up. Next for me in a mixer so I can blend 

I invited a DJ friend of mine I used to work with to the forum here as He has a lot of knowledge and a massive collection of records he has accumulated over the years so it will be interesting if he accepts my invite as he can do all the tricks and is right into mixing and stuff.

As for me and having witnessed what the hobby entails, and knowing my appreciation for physical media, I am glad I never decided to move into wax as I keep buying cds even though I have nowhere to play them.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

I Didnt cop

they get some interesting records sometimes tho

their website is actually pretty weird… they have Rolex on there sometimes lol ?

Yeah, I have noticed some odd shit on it before. I didn’t think the stuff was actually in stock and was just driving traffic to their store. List everything even though its never available kind of Babylon ting.

On 9/10/2023 at 9:54 AM, LUGR said:

^Where did you pick that box up?

My uncles homie hooked your boy up. He’s old and has no kids. Let me cherry pick his collection this wknd. I would’ve taken more if I knew they were gonna be free. Got a lot of gems from the 60s 70s 80s

gonna take a while to add to my discogs lol

IMG_3578.jpeg

IMG_3579.jpeg

IMG_3580.jpeg

IMG_3581.jpeg

IMG_3582.jpeg

IMG_3583.jpeg

IMG_3587.jpeg

IMG_3584.jpeg

IMG_3586.jpeg

IMG_3585.jpeg

IMG_3590.jpeg