i want to see your vinyl/vinyl appreciation thread/nerd shit

boogie hands

2 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

That’s a bummer. Sounds like I need another spool of speakerwire to set this up more long term then. The way I have it ran now won’t work if I need to reorganize. 

I bought my mixer over 15 years ago. Maybe they have they have better options these days.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Essentially they are categorized as a Power Mixer.  Might wanna look in that direction.  If you're trying to slim down your hardware and don't want all kinds of equipment due to budget or space constraints.  

Edited by ndv

2 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

My tables go direct to speaker but the jawns were hella scrill. 

Ok maybe not audiophile money but still.

Looking back I meant to ask @LUGR how his thrifted records ended up -

They are always a mixed bag but for the most part they are all good for the price. Maybe a track or two has some issues, but for $1, can’t really complain.

• Truth 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@fat ralphyyeah dope post more !! Do you have a lot of hip hop? What’s your gem?? Out of all of them, the one you’re proudest of?

I’d like to buy some more hip hop. I’d like some gangstaar but haven’t seen it in stock. Today I asked the shop I go to to order me an LP they don’t have but they couldn’t get it. I tried to use the local shop, but I guess I should use discogs lol bummer.

I want Winston Hussey / the girl I adore 

@KILZ FILLZso I had some time tonight to

come through with a couple of things I like from my stash.

This Fat Boys joint I have for how cool the whole thing is and of course pizza. I do remember in the mid-late 80s seeing these fat dudes on TV and wondering who are the guys?!? Then they started beat boxing and rhyming and I thought they were so ill.

How fucking dope is this vinyl?! 

8B8A9CC5-FE89-4B79-B025-41609CC32655.jpeg

393D1AEB-7FFD-4C42-A1AC-21508750B7F7.jpeg

79FFBD25-8E7B-4C9F-B2B1-2C3EBB91CE81.jpeg

D38A19E5-283B-411B-B6A1-1FD630B215FA.jpeg

A090C72E-5F46-4580-B03F-158B0ACF820C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Props 3

This is another one I am proud to own - 

Cornell 5.8.77

This is arguably the GD’s best live performance recorded, if you aren’t sold on the Dead this is a good place to start. Previously this vinyl was hard to come by and priced were second hand (discogs etc) in the high 300-400$ range.

They reissued  recently and I missed the first drop, asked for notifications and luckily copped the second drop a few days later. 

Paid $125 which is totally cool considering what the set was going for prior to the reissue. 

3DF45BFC-D93E-446A-81A6-98B548933AEB.jpeg

7002218D-F47D-4DC8-AC83-2E29C57BE910.jpeg

4EE0944E-120B-4C9C-8779-25E8855E3FD8.jpeg

Edited by fat ralphy
  • Like 3
  • Props 1