i want to see your vinyl/vinyl appreciation thread/nerd shit

boogie hands

i was going through my records earlier today and though i would take some pictures and try my hand at making a decent contribution to the ounce (its been a while). packaging is getting more and more out of hand these days so this kind of functions as a design/art/music thread all in one...maybe it can even lead to some trades amongst the collectors on here.

Picture236.jpg

here is one from the band i cant shut up about....baroness. i dig this one because of the inks they used and the stock of the jacket. its a super nice sleeve for a super awesome record.

Picture237.jpg

here is another super nice jacket for the latest torch 10 inch. on the flip of this is there is a painting of the band along with an insert that holds a cd of the album. john dyer is killing it these days.

Picture241.jpg

here is a sunn/boris album. unreal packaging for a 3 disk set. apparently the white vinyl has be dispersed to record stores and its bumming out the collector nerds because they cant complete their collections. seriously...doom fans out-nerd kids who play magic the gathering.

Picture242.jpg

this is the inside of the jacket. 10 or 12 pages of photos along with an explanation of the albums concept.

Picture243.jpg

this is a mono album that came out recently. i geeked out on the three colors of vinyl going from light to dark. the jacket is nice as well.

Picture244.jpg

the new neurosis. this is a beast of an album both visually and musically. they really, really outdid themselves.

Picture245.jpg

front of the album and the colored vinyl. im way down with the coloring on the record on the left.

Picture246.jpg

nothing really special about this one...i just really love the stories on the back of jazz albums. ps - vinyl is the only way to listen to jazz.

Picture249.jpg

russian circles album. cool little package and an amazing record if you are into post rock.

Picture240.jpg

another baroness record...this one is clear with a b-side etching by john dyer. fucking awesome. i cant wait to get the rise album in the mail.

Picture248.jpg

before every record had some kind of thing making it unique there was the dead kennedys 7 inch with the arm band. this is still one of my favorites.

Picture247.jpg

i really like this record and its jacket. the mc5 were badasses.

thats all for right now. if people are actually into this and posting up their stuff ill make another contribution down the road.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My vinyl collection pushed me into a bigger house . The only other thing I collect is anything skateboard related .

Last count I had close to 2000 LP's , 175 or so 78's ( mostly Blue Note ) & 1200 or so 45's .

Just picked up another copy of the Pagan's Pink Album . Anyone have $250 they want to spend . :lol:

I've always been leery of posting anything involving my home , car , etc..you never know what retard might see it online and try and rob your ass .

I'll try and take some pics of the vinyl I love most . Anyone looking for something PM me , I might be able to help you out or at least point you in the direction to find it . :cool:

Anyone know of a newer , decent vinyl forum ? I've hated the majority of ones based in the U.S . Thanks .

i was going through my records earlier today and though i would take some pictures and try my hand at making a decent contribution to the ounce (its been a while). packaging is getting more and more out of hand these days so this kind of functions as a design/art/music thread all in one...maybe it can even lead to some trades amongst the collectors on here.

th_Picture248.jpg

before every record had some kind of thing making it unique there was the dead kennedys 7 inch with the arm band. this is still one of my favorites.

th_Picture247.jpg

i really like this record and its jacket. the mc5 were badasses.

I have that DK set too. And MC5 is one of those dudes way before his time that set standards. good thread and do you live in an art gallery?

Nice thread. I pulled some of my vinyl a few days ago to transfer some things to my computer, definitely brought back memories, I haven't even played an album in at least a year and a half, probably haven't purchased anything in close to five. I used to be pretty into collecting pre-ebay/internet days, I think half the fun was traveling around to little mom and pop stores digging for that one hidden jem. The internet kind of killed it, like a lot of things for me. It was too easy and less fulfilling in my opinion to sit on your ass and buy shit over the net. I'm not so much into the limited edition pressings and colored vinyl per say, I was more into out of print stuff that never made it onto CD, or even cassette for that matter. The shit I was always looking for were Moxie Records "Boulders" compilations (60's garage, psychedelic, pre-punk, etc.), I have four of them, never had any luck finding the others, I even tried eBaying them a few months back, with no luck. I'll have to get some pictures of some of the albums I have.

yeah, ebay has good things and bad things...pretty much the story of underground music meeting the internet. i love digging and picking up vinyl at shows but sometimes a band or a pressing falls through the cracks and ebay is the only way to go. i just picked up jandeks fourth lp for my brother which i dont think i would have ever found otherwise.....those are the times it definitely comes in handy. on the other hand you have the $40 pelican records and crap like that....

Picture248.jpg

Cool thread, hoped it would of inspired more vinylphiles to air their wares...

Anyway, heres whats sitting next to my turntable at the moment - mrs has the digicam so had to use the camera on my phone

DSC01460.jpg

i'll counter that Dead Kennedys EP with this Rebelles Europeen classic!!! 14/88

DSC01464.jpg

Now heres what I consider the holy grail of speed metal, rare as hell and worth every one of the 400 or so dollars it'll set you back

DSC01465.jpg

Rare Pusmort pressing of another killer album - Pusmort being Pushead's private label (Pushead -> Metallica, COC, Hirax, SOD, 9ShockTerror artist)

DSC01466.jpg

Recent haul of Metallica bootlegs

DSC01472.jpg

Norwegian KVLT album - original Posercrusher Recs. pressing, for 1000 bucks its yours

DSC01473.jpg

A few to make blood fart wavy

DSC01475.jpg

blood fart - whats a man gotta do to get a mosaic of this image shipped to Australia??

And for the SOMA worshippers...

DSC01481.jpg

One of my favourite looking vinyls, Imperium's 1996 EP, first press was limited to 500, this one here is limited to only 60 copies - artwork is by Stephen O'Malley Sunn 0))) / Khanate / Locust Eaters...

I have the Vestax Handy trax portable record player (can run off batteries)

2126609261_7ba15941b9.jpg

Here is my small but ever expanding collection. (didn't want to take photos of each individual record because I'm lazy/I dont have any special coloured vinyl or anything.)

2127384938_b5d818e368.jpg

1.Calvin Johnson - Before the dream faded

2.Neil Young - After the goldrush

3.The Kinks - Best of

4.Joan Baez - Best of on Squire (I really don't like Joan Baez, but I love this album...alot of the songs aren't even her singing at all)

5.Vashti Bunyan - Diamond Day

6.The Band - Best of

7.Tropicalia - Brazilian Psych rock Comp (double LP..so good)

8.The Velvet Underground - Loaded (favourite Album ever)

9.Pamplemoussi aka Woelv - not even sure of the title of this album

10. The Microphones - The Glow pt 2

11. Jonathan Richman - Back in your Life

12. Bob Dylan - Nashville Skyline (his froggy voiced country album)

13. Neil young - Harvest

14. Big Bill Bronzy