MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

yea good look with the "burner" marker lol be careful

death metal i picked up 2 of those today haha tore em apart took out the blueish glue and am about to fill em, there pretty neat with the pump system and what not, imma leave the label so if i get caught haha

also michaels sold this Higgins permanent ink, its a 2.5 oz bottle for 3$ so i figured it was a deal, black, permanent, non washable

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Panakeii, that's a crazy story...I've had a couple of those situations happen to me until I remembered what I learned in chemistry class...some things just do not work well together, like rap and metal, for instance....unless you're PE and Anthrax. Be careful, dude. It was funny, though, I'll give you that...especially if you mom or your girlfriend had walked in right then...

"What the FUCK are you doing?!?!?"

"Aw, nothin'..."

That Higgins is waterbased, but it's one of the best. I've heard that it's used for tattoos, so yeah, it's permanent for sure.

Originally posted by Smack@Sep 5 2005, 07:10 PM

i got the higgeins permanent carbon ink, they had other kids but this one is label eternal so i figured that would last the longest haha, its made by sanford so its gotta be good

I've never heard of that...post a pic, if you can. Carbon ink is the best waterbased ink, by far- sometimes I go out bombing with a carbon ink I made, and it looks pretty good. Sanford definitely makes some good stuff, though. Anyone who came up with the mean streak is aces in my book. If they ever make a refillable magnum, with refill ink, then they'll be even better.

That marker does look a lot like the OTR's and seems to work the same. Personally my fave marker is an OTR gold paint marker that I refill with ink, the valve lets a lot more ink flow through it than the valve on OTR flowpens so you can get nice drippy tags and the valve doesn't clog up after a while like it always seems to do with the flowpens. I don't know what the situ is like where you are but at my locale I can get replacement nibs where i get the OTR's so this same marker has lasted me a long time I just replace the nib once it wears down, and that way I can keep a nib for rough surfaces and for the smooth shit

Originally posted by shai hulud@Sep 5 2005, 09:42 AM

^never seen that one before....it looks like a deodorant till you open it up, and the price is right. i'll have to check it out. thanks.

here's a gem i found...i went to office max a while ago to buy toner for the copier at work, and came across these, believe it or not...

[attachmentid=20897]

it had glass chalk in it, and they had about twenty of them on the shelf. since they were $1.99, i bought a few (on the company tab- thanks, guys) and tried them out. i put some marsh in one and took a walk. it works as well as any other flowpen i've tried. here, take a look...

[attachmentid=20899]

this is with montana on paper. it drips pretty well if you juice it, just not here. the tip is still in good shape after some use, but i don't use pens like this on rough surfaces since i like a clean line for chisel tags. i'd like to find out who distributes these bodies so i could buy them in bulk..i'll have to look into that. it sure beats paying eight bucks for an otr, though, if you're cheap like me and willing to put in the work.

Originally posted by smellycunt@Sep 7 2005, 04:08 AM

this is the second time ive asked, hopefully someone will answer this time, is there a certain type of whiteboard eraser that works because ive racked 3 different types with different material in it, and ive used 2 of them which sucked

NOT WHITEBOARD!!! whiteboard erasers are for toys that cant figure it out..not that im saying youre necessarily a toy, just uninformed...if you're lucky, lots of schools buy blackboard erasers because theyre cheaper sometimes, so you can rack em easy. anyways, heres the link to the kind of eraser youre gonna want.

http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/pro...kOID=1611252571

hope you can find one.

on another note, ive realized that when you replace the kiwi nib with eraser, the size of the mark gets smaller and streaky. so basically, ive decided that its easier to buy the $1 on sale ones at your local grocery store and use them as is with your own ink of course. I know they wear fast, but not that fast. plus, that nib juices up real quick. and gives nice drips and coverage. anyone agree?

Originally posted by spade561+Sep 7 2005, 03:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spade561 - Sep 7 2005, 03:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-smellycunt@Sep 7 2005, 04:08 AM

this is the second time ive asked, hopefully someone will answer this time, is there a certain type of whiteboard eraser that works because ive racked 3 different types with different material in it, and ive used 2 of them which sucked

NOT WHITEBOARD!!! whiteboard erasers are for toys that cant figure it out..not that im saying youre necessarily a toy, just uninformed...if you're lucky, lots of schools buy blackboard erasers because theyre cheaper sometimes, so you can rack em easy. anyways, heres the link to the kind of eraser youre gonna want.

http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/pro...kOID=1611252571

hope you can find one.

on another note, ive realized that when you replace the kiwi nib with eraser, the size of the mark gets smaller and streaky. so basically, ive decided that its easier to buy the $1 on sale ones at your local grocery store and use them as is with your own ink of course. I know they wear fast, but not that fast. plus, that nib juices up real quick. and gives nice drips and coverage. anyone agree?

[/b]

I do. I only use shoe polish on on occasion, squeezies are my thing...hey, spade, I need to get that address- get at me!

And, that purple pen does have some give to it.

i've been using dippers for a long time now, almost always with inks, but im getting really anoyed by the fact that they break (tear off) so easily....

i've tried putting cloth around it, extra glue etc etc, but all i end up with is a dippermarker that doesnt write as good/ drip as nice....I just want it to not tear of the plastic

does anyone have a suggestion???

maybe just a picture on how you solved it...if you don't want the world to know how just PM me

Originally posted by vomit@Sep 8 2005, 05:39 AM

i've been using dippers for a long time now, almost always with inks, but im getting really anoyed by the fact that they break (tear off) so easily....

i've tried putting cloth around it, extra glue etc etc, but all i end up with is a dippermarker that doesnt write as good/ drip as nice....I just want it to not tear of the plastic

does anyone have a suggestion???

maybe just a picture on how you solved it...if you don't want the world to know how just PM me

Im talking about one of those shoepolish things...Liquid_Shoe_Polish.jpg

and the part that ruptures, breaks off ( the white part in this picture--->>>)KiwiLiquidShoePolish.jpg

Oh...yeah, I call those mops-whatever...and, the tips do that, usually if exposed to solvents or brick walls...that's why I don't use them so much anymore, and stick tothese bad boys...

But, I used to get the round cosmetic sponges and use them as replacement tips...they are a higher grade of foam that holds up well to solvents. Look for them at drugstores...glue 'em on w/superglue or barge cement, them trim 'em down...or, I used to be the asshole who would just steal five valves for every mop I stole. Thought I'd throw that out there.

Those Bluepath pens are the shit since they are actually made for drawing and are smaller, and thus, easier to use. The only catch to these is that the ink or paint that you use can't be too thick, since the valve is smaller and more prone to clogging. And, they're pricey and they are really hard to find in stores, but that link is where I get them from, in a pinch...I've been using them for years, and will often buy a store's entire stock when they pop up. That's a ringing endorsement from a cheapskate like yours truly.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Sep 11 2005, 08:52 PM

You cant refill a mean streak.

Ahhhhh....I know how...it's easy, and cheap if you can find the

"refills", but it is easier to replace them 95% of the time.

As far as doing the chemistry yourself, here's a big clue- the idea of a streak is to stabilize paint to work in a range of enviroments. So, the idea is that you have to lowering its viscosity, and then add chemicals to facilitate its use under any conditions. The main additive I know of in streaks is glycol, AKA antifreeze, which gives streakers that sweet smell. Glycol is also an ingredient in brake fluid, coincindentally. I don't really want to go into how to thicken paint here, seeing as how most people won't bother, but there are books about it out there.

Guess all that time I hung out at the paint store paid off...

Hey, metro...the sponges I'm talking about are marketed in the states by Mary Kay, and I got them at Walgreens. They're about 2" in diameter, 1/4" thick and they come in a 50 count bag. (File this under Embarrassing Things Your Girlfriend Has You Buy At The Store between romance novels and tampons.) I used a hot glue gun to attach it, then trimmed the edge w/a Xacto knife.