MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by shai hulud@Nov 1 2005, 08:53 PM

Hey, guys...it's been a minute.

Nothing new to report...I've been broke, and I've spent all my time lately making my computer a nicer place to be. Mostly music, and removing dead files. Oh, I'm on slsk- Cool Calm Chris is the handle, BTW. 12 oz room. Look for me on (ugh) Myspace too...I can actually answer questions in real time in both areas.

Oh...Copic pens are nice, but I did get the hookup. Chartpaks are my new favorite, along with the smaller Zig gluepens...I'll post flicks later.

I may be getting rid of a whole shitpile of stuff soon...if anyone is interested, PM or email me.

Don't worry, Teezer...your secret is safe. Haven't gotten around to that, yet.

Can you give me some sort of inventory list lol? thanks man, im definitely willing to buy.

simple pen for my first try

1. found a wide pink highlighter and took off the tip, and the thing that holds the tip

2. used the pink highlighter fluid and put that shit with some paint thiner, and had some pink ink laying around that went with the highlighter

3. then i cut up a strip of an old sock and folded it in half and stuck it in the tuge with the ink. i cram that shit in so it wouldnt fall out

4. i put a few drops diresetly on the tip to start it off and put a few cuts in the sock to make it more fussy.

works hella good for my first try

the highlighter fluid also added a lil shine to it

n e comments or better ideas would be great

Originally posted by Fruitcake+Oct 22 2005, 09:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fruitcake - Oct 22 2005, 09:29 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-runci@Oct 20 2005, 09:05 PM

heres a wee step bi step on how to make a easy decent marker usin basically fuk all

STEP 1:

take a bottle of juice or wotever n empty it.. easy :D

step15pd.jpg

STEP 2:

take another bottle of juice or wotever same kind and cut it in half... this will be ur lid

step22fx.jpg

STEP 3:

next take a sock and cut part of it off.. uve gotta judge how much by the size of the nib needed...

step37cl.jpg

STEP 4:

roll ur sock up into a sausage :D

STEP 5:

fold it in half n tape it at the bottom to hold it in place..

ste1tx.jpg

STEP 6:

fill with ur favourite ink or paint

STEP 7:

jam ur nib in place n tape around the neck of the bottle to hold it in place n to keep ink from flowin out

STEP 8:

jam ur lid on tight and make sure to keep it standin veritcal an go out n destroy soem shit

ive not got any ink left at the moment but thats it finished

step780tu.jpg

reallly simple mop to make

my ink will eat right thru that bottle and will give quite a mess

[/b]

no one gives a shit what your ink will do to that mop man. does that even make a contribution? so what if your ink will eat through it man? then don't make it. dont waste bandwidth and time trying to rack up posts for some gay comments.

on the other hand, although that mop would be pretty easy to make, its gay as hell. its huge for one, the cap is huge and wont even stay attached, and how are you supposed to even have decent control of it if it's filled with ink/paint and you have to use it. the ink would splash around inside. try a smaller bottle with a cap man. that shit is whhhhhaaaackkkkk!!!

p.s. i do applaud you for the effort and relatively original idea despite how inconvenient it is. i'm not here to start shit...except maybe with fruitcake if it's necessary, but it's not. e-beef is bullshit, but no more gay ass posts.

Originally posted by snake_tooth@Oct 30 2005, 03:51 PM

yo fruitcake what do u make mops out of then, cos im having that problem. im using enamal paint and it is eating away at my mops.

hey son! NO ENAMEL! shit is acrylic so it doesnt thin man. you have to use oil based paints. the thinner isn't mixing with the enamel paint so its fumes are probably what's eating away at your mops man. i had a tool once that that happened to until i realized that i used acrylic paint. if you can find thin enough enamel/acrylic paint then go for it but i have never found any enamel based paint that was that thin. peopl say they use one shot, personally, i don't know. im good with my oil based paints so i dont feel the need to try them. keep it real and live by yo rep!

(a little three 6 poetry there at the end!)

thats hella weird snake tooth but ive never really used enamel paint. it might be some of the chemicals in the enamel versus the chemicals in the plastic glue zig.

i found that if you want to make the most of your kiwi is just use the shoe polish inside it. it works well and your stuff will get buffed anyway it doesnt matter. then just refill with whatever.

that enamel, is GREAT! if you're painting a model plane...but for this...its shit. ditch it. ditch the zig too if the bottom has been eaten out. get OIL BASED paint. there are only 3 colors of oil based paint that i've ever seen...well 4 but 2 of them are almost exactly the same...but wherever theres bucket paint, there will most likely be some oil based. you may have to do a little digging.

Originally posted by TeezerPHM@Nov 4 2005, 03:25 PM

oh why oh why is there shoe polish mixed with CORIO??? oh well whatever i dont even care, its just because i heard corio is pretty hard body enough by itself. oh yeah i dont know how to help you except maybe dilute it even more with more inks

I wanna know why the hell you even considered using shoe polish in the first place. The only thing that can be used on shoes that's also effective on walls is leather dye because it actually soaks into not-so-porous surfaces...like leather for instance. Shoe polish is used to cover up scuffed spots on shoes but can be scraped off. Shoe polish is basically make-up for shoes. Brownie points for wasting good ink. :king:

first off if i understand correctly 12oz mods dont like the word that rhymes with sketch. second R.W.S. its for glass it wont do anything to concrete walls. Dot three is an acid too so i dont think it would make a difference even if etch did eat concrete. If you really want to stain concretre there is concrete stain on the market but you may have to buy it via the e-interwebnet.

no one gives a shit what your ink will do to that mop man. does that even make a contribution? so what if your ink will eat through it man? then don't make it. dont waste bandwidth and time trying to rack up posts for some gay comments.

on the other hand, although that mop would be pretty easy to make, its gay as hell. its huge for one, the cap is huge and wont even stay attached, and how are you supposed to even have decent control of it if it's filled with ink/paint and you have to use it. the ink would splash around inside. try a smaller bottle with a cap man. that shit is whhhhhaaaackkkkk!!!

p.s. i do applaud you for the effort and relatively original idea despite how inconvenient it is. i'm not here to start shit...except maybe with fruitcake if it's necessary, but it's not. e-beef is bullshit, but no more gay ass posts.

just shut up bitch, i gave a description of how to make a killermarker that can hold all kinds of ink and can be refilled and has a cap a few pages earlier, so i gave my contribution

Yeh I raise my hands at being an idiot with the shoe polish idea...

There was only a dop of it in there. As a result it adds good shine to tags, but wipes off... so not very effective..

Anyway thanks for all your constructive critisism, a help as always..

And I wannt those brownie points.

Originally posted by snake_tooth@Nov 3 2005, 08:37 AM

yo are the uhu glue pens any good, i jus got one todau, but i dont know whether to put in chalkboard eraser stuff or jus leave that mesh thing on it?

uhu-gluepen.gif

If you want alot of drips, leave the mesh thing on it. I got a bingo marker that works like that uhu glue pen, drips like a black ink fountain when you squeeze it heaps. hahahaha :haha: :haha:

Originally posted by Fruitcake+Oct 22 2005, 11:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fruitcake - Oct 22 2005, 11:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-runci@Oct 20 2005, 09:05 PM

heres a wee step bi step on how to make a easy decent marker usin basically fuk all

STEP 1:

take a bottle of juice or wotever n empty it.. easy :D

step15pd.jpg

STEP 2:

take another bottle of juice or wotever same kind and cut it in half... this will be ur lid

step22fx.jpg

STEP 3:

next take a sock and cut part of it off.. uve gotta judge how much by the size of the nib needed...

step37cl.jpg

STEP 4:

roll ur sock up into a sausage :D

STEP 5:

fold it in half n tape it at the bottom to hold it in place..

ste1tx.jpg

STEP 6:

fill with ur favourite ink or paint

STEP 7:

jam ur nib in place n tape around the neck of the bottle to hold it in place n to keep ink from flowin out

STEP 8:

jam ur lid on tight and make sure to keep it standin veritcal an go out n destroy soem shit

ive not got any ink left at the moment but thats it finished

step780tu.jpg

reallly simple mop to make

my ink will eat right thru that bottle and will give quite a mess

[/b]

that mop would work well if you put water based paint you get from your local $2 store. Otherwise any reasonable ink will eat right through that.

ok, so fuck me for asking, but does anyone have any ideas for a pen i can make? im looking to make 2 of them, one for metal (something that will erode or change the color) and one for everything else. now when i said pen, im hoping people might have ideas on smaller writing instruments, like literally pen size, or pencil, whatever. not so much the actualt instrument needs to be small, but mainly the nib, or whatever it is id use?? anyway ill check with the ink thread on the ink part of the question, but any suggestions on this would be appreciated. peace