MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by MC P.@Oct 15 2005, 09:55 PM

Ok... I dont know if this is possible... but what would i have to do to a Pilot (Wide and Broad) to make it fit for krink... would i basically have to gut the shit entirely? could i use the original nib? I just need to know if this has any possiblity of working cause i dont wanna waste a pilot... thanks anyone.

Ok... well i asked the general 12 oz. public... and that doesnt seem to be working... so im gunna do what i regularly do... and burden Shai with another one of my questions...So...yeah...Shai you up for another one lol? Just read my quoted post for my question...thanks

It won't work. I answered this, but got the error screen...I should have followed up. Well, now you know. I get all my Pilots at UPS stores, they all seem to have them...but, not the ink. I showed one guy how to do it, so maybe he'll pick up the ink. That would be nice.

Use a mop for Krink. It's really the only way to go for pigment inks, I've found. Good luck.

Originally posted by metropolitanmayhem@Oct 17 2005, 03:34 AM

just opened up a whiteout pen anyone tryed emptieing the whiteout out of it and put it in a marker would it work if you got enough?

whiteout is super tacky and probably wouldn't function well for ink...that's usuually why they use a brush or a metal tube to transport the liquid from the chamber to the paper. just thin white paint!

Back to the vhs marker...anyone know how to make it?

Originally posted by artsol@Oct 16 2005, 04:30 PM

does anybody remember how to make those videocassette markers? i recall something like 3 years ago...just getting reminiscent

Here it is...what a contraption!

-----------------------

VHS MARKER

Ok. Here's the recipe.

Materials:

VHS tape

screwdriver

exacto knife

craft glue gun and glue sticks (or epoxy)

duct tape

lots of your favorite ink

old sock, or other filler

2 chalkboard erasers

You are better off getting one of the VHS tapes with the plastic sleeve, since that's inkproof. First, you pull off the cover that protects the exposed tape. This is where the chalkboad erasers will go. Next, unscrew the tape and take everything out. What you want to do now is use the duct tape and epoxy to seal off the interior, so it won't leak all over you. Don't put the tape back together yet. You need to cut all the plastic junk out, so you can stuff the tape case with filler, and insert the eraser felt. Use the utility knife for this. Remember! Cut away from yourself, so you don't sever an artery or something. Once you're pretty sure the felt will fit into the marker, put it together and seal the edges with the epoxy, and then tape over it.

Ok. We're about halfway there. Now that you have a completely sealed container for your ink, you can cut up your filler and stuff the tape with it. The less you put in, the drippier your marker will be, since there's less to soak up the ink. 3/4 full is a pretty good amount. Now you're ready to put n the nub, or marking surface. Cut up the chalkboard eraser so that it fits into the space. You have to use a full one, and cut some from the second to fill up the remaining space. Once you got this all together, you can epoxy it in place. If you want itto hold together longer, epoxy all the eraser pieces together. Sometimes they fall apart if you don't do this. Make sure the epoxy makes a nice seal around, so all your ink doesn't leak out when you try to write.

Now you can fill with ink and start writing. You shouldn't use this to vandalize other people's property, because that's illegal, and you can get arrested. If you do, that's not my fault. (disclaimer) Have a lot of ink, because it takes a lot to fill this bad boy. Two of the marsh ink bottles from 7th Heaven will do the trick.

Cover with the case the tape came with.

-------------------------------------------

OR, try this-

Get the following-

Tupperware spaghetti container with lid

Large cellulose sponge (big enough to fit snugly into the container)

Duct tape

Lots and lots of ink

Rubber gloves (neccessary)

Fill the tupperware with as much ink as you think is needed. Wrap the sponge with duct tape till it fits tightly in the container, then stuff it in. Put on the gloves, this is super messy! SLOWLY tilt the container to saturate the sponge, and go to town. Note- this "pen"does not travel well. This is extremely messy and wastes ink...but it looks crazy if it's done right, and it's less labor intensive.

heres a wee step bi step on how to make a easy decent marker usin basically fuk all

STEP 1:

take a bottle of juice or wotever n empty it.. easy :D

step15pd.jpg

STEP 2:

take another bottle of juice or wotever same kind and cut it in half... this will be ur lid

step22fx.jpg

STEP 3:

next take a sock and cut part of it off.. uve gotta judge how much by the size of the nib needed...

step37cl.jpg

STEP 4:

roll ur sock up into a sausage :D

STEP 5:

fold it in half n tape it at the bottom to hold it in place..

step51tx.jpg

STEP 6:

fill with ur favourite ink or paint

STEP 7:

jam ur nib in place n tape around the neck of the bottle to hold it in place n to keep ink from flowin out

STEP 8:

jam ur lid on tight and make sure to keep it standin veritcal an go out n destroy soem shit

ive not got any ink left at the moment but thats it finished

step780tu.jpg

reallly simple mop to make

Hey, has anyone used the Copic Wides yet? (Imagine that, I have a question!) I keep hearing good things, but they aren't cheap and well, I am. So, before I drop ten bucks on the pen and ink, has anyone tried them? Not for tags, more for stickers or design work. Like most high-end Japanese goods, you definitely get what you pay for...I just need an honest appraisal or three. Thanks.

Originally posted by notorious05@Oct 16 2005, 05:45 AM

what would happen if you used a gluepen marker with the original nib on it?

well considering my experience with them...i would have to tell you...that the only way to really know, is to get one on your own, and try it yourself with some different inks or whatever. just dont use the same nib for a different ink. i WILL pm you however (if you want and dont know where you can get them. if that's the case pm me and ill tell you.) and tell you where you can get them easy though because youre gonna need a few. ask for peoples' advice on here, but then also test it out for yourself. the answers you get may be a lie or from someone thats stupid and has no idea what theyre doing...its best to get your own answers.

Originally posted by shai hulud@Oct 21 2005, 08:05 AM

Hey, has anyone used the Copic Wides yet? (Imagine that, I have a question!) I keep hearing good things, but they aren't cheap and well, I am. So, before I drop ten bucks on the pen and ink, has anyone tried them? Not for tags, more for stickers or design work. Like most high-end Japanese goods, you definitely get what you pay for...I just need an honest appraisal or three. Thanks.

Personally, i think they're crap, not worth the cash, i didn't like it for design work and shit so i filled it up with stainer, and yet, its still crap, bad nib and bad marker. Just a personal opinion

Originally posted by runci@Oct 20 2005, 09:05 PM

heres a wee step bi step on how to make a easy decent marker usin basically fuk all

STEP 1:

take a bottle of juice or wotever n empty it.. easy :D

step15pd.jpg

STEP 2:

take another bottle of juice or wotever same kind and cut it in half... this will be ur lid

step22fx.jpg

STEP 3:

next take a sock and cut part of it off.. uve gotta judge how much by the size of the nib needed...

step37cl.jpg

STEP 4:

roll ur sock up into a sausage :D

STEP 5:

fold it in half n tape it at the bottom to hold it in place..

ste1tx.jpg

STEP 6:

fill with ur favourite ink or paint

STEP 7:

jam ur nib in place n tape around the neck of the bottle to hold it in place n to keep ink from flowin out

STEP 8:

jam ur lid on tight and make sure to keep it standin veritcal an go out n destroy soem shit

ive not got any ink left at the moment but thats it finished

step780tu.jpg

reallly simple mop to make

my ink will eat right thru that bottle and will give quite a mess

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by 5iveDee@Oct 31 2005, 11:42 PM

I dont have a camera right now, but they look like the krink mops, they are completly round and a little taller than the other ones

alright so pretty much just the tall round skiny ones.

oh yeah an SHAI still keep the techniqu on the hush untill i get some other people to try it and i would like to know your results...PM me is anything

Hey, guys...it's been a minute.

Nothing new to report...I've been broke, and I've spent all my time lately making my computer a nicer place to be. Mostly music, and removing dead files. Oh, I'm on slsk- Cool Calm Chris is the handle, BTW. 12 oz room. Look for me on (ugh) Myspace too...I can actually answer questions in real time in both areas.

Oh...Copic pens are nice, but I did get the hookup. Chartpaks are my new favorite, along with the smaller Zig gluepens...I'll post flicks later.

I may be getting rid of a whole shitpile of stuff soon...if anyone is interested, PM or email me.

Don't worry, Teezer...your secret is safe. Haven't gotten around to that, yet.