MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i just remembered...you can make a pilot drip- pour a few drops of xylene and a lot of ink into the body. the catch is, you have to store it with the tip up or the ink will dump out, and the pen will dry out faster. fuck it, use a flow pen or a mop if drips are what you want...it's a lot easier.

Originally posted by smellycunt@Aug 29 2005, 07:17 AM

sorry if this has already been asked but when i chuck the chalkboard eraser in a mop or anything else, how do you keep it from pushing in?

dont slam the mop onto the wall...but seriously, it depends on the kind of mop. if its a kiwi, either roll it up thick and be gentle, or melt the top until its pliable and make the opening smaller. this is true with pretty much any plastic mop. somepeople say super glue, or hot glue. i try to stay away from super glue because it wont ever completely dry unless theres no ink in there and hot glue dries and then rips out of place if you have a violent cough. basically, just make sure its in thurr nice and snug.

i've been using dippers for a long time now, almost always with inks, but im getting really anoyed by the fact that they break (tear off) so easily....

i've tried putting cloth around it, extra glue etc etc, but all i end up with is a dippermarker that doesnt write as good/ drip as nice....

does anyone have a suggestion???

maybe just a picture on how you solved it...if you don't want the world to know how just PM me

Originally posted by smellycunt@Aug 30 2005, 12:15 AM

sorry to ruin your business but i dont think garvey is that great, its good to give a tinge of a colour to your stainer ink but its not that great as a stainer alone

what do you recommend? i'd like to try some of THAT...i use garvey based on ten years of experience, and i like garvey for the effects... it does different things on different surfaces. plus, i don't know anyone else who makes a purple ink that's permanent. seriously, if you have something better, i want to know about it.

well i can help you with that....just take a mix of purple corio, some blueish purple diablo, and just ad a touch of black ink, i like corio myself, but garvey or grog will do fine. a drip of breakfluid and an even smaller drip of rubbing alcohol (makes it stay wet, so if they paint over it, itll come through again) and you have unbuffable ink presto...(extra stuff like tonerpowder and such don't hurt either....)

but still dont get the copper mesh though, and how to attach it....

Originally posted by vomit@Aug 30 2005, 06:19 PM

well i can help you with that....just take a mix of purple corio, some blueish purple diablo, and just ad a touch of black ink, i like corio myself, but garvey or grog will do fine. a drip of breakfluid and an even smaller drip of rubbing alcohol (makes it stay wet, so if they paint over it, itll come through again) and you have unbuffable ink presto...(extra stuff like tonerpowder and such don't hurt either....)

but still dont get the copper mesh though, and how to attach it....

i thought he was referring to a stock ink....i have a blend that i don't feel ready to share here yet. that blend does sound pretty strong, though....i don't really understand the purpose of adding brake fluid. i've done it myself, and didn't notice any change for better or worse- toner does flatten ink out well, though. plus, i can't get corio in the states. i've heard it's similar to montana ink. i've seen some weird shit online but most of the sites that carry stuff i've never heard of (and therefore would like to try ) are in swedish or italian, and since i'm a dumb american, i can't read them and google won't translate some of them. i am planning to get some grog, though. if it's what it claims to be, i may stock it, but i need to see it to believe it. and, yeah, copper mesh? what's the story?

breakfluid it a pretty heavy corrosive...doesnt work on plastics, but work really well on paints and metals....especcially metallic car (trucks!!) paint

but still no extra help on the copper mesh or other tricks to lengthen the lifespand of a dipper

"has anyone heard of the deoderant marker?"

ya its a simple marker but works pretty well.

get an empty deoderant contanier.wash it out real well.porr some glue in the bottom and let it dry really well.

all you have to do now is get a dry erase earaser dealy and rip it off the carboard.thats you nib.fill the container with whatever ink youd like.shove on you nib and youre ready to rock.that deoderant lid works great as it is.saty up.

Originally posted by vaderone@Aug 31 2005, 05:07 PM

"has anyone heard of the deoderant marker?"

ya its a simple marker but works pretty well.

get an empty deoderant contanier.wash it out real well.porr some glue in the bottom and let it dry really well.

all you have to do now is get a dry erase earaser dealy and rip it off the carboard.thats you nib.fill the container with whatever ink youd like.shove on you nib and youre ready to rock.that deoderant lid works great as it is.saty up.

man, that's some flashback shit. i think i made one of these in the 8th grade...didn't work out...reverted to magnums and cheap cans. now, who's gonna break out with the vhs pen tip? will it be me? i'll bet no one's heard of these steez yet...stay tuned. i might just make one to prove that it can be done.

Originally posted by smellycunt@Sep 1 2005, 05:12 AM

ive already read about the vhs marker on this thread i think

hahahaha

it's one thing to hear about it... it's another thing entirely to see it done- it's pretty awesome. there's also the tupperware pen, too- that's insanity, it's like a drippy foot-wide chisel tip. i have a flick of a white truck with a twist tag done with one of these- i'll look for it after work.

Nivea Mop

Found a nice Nivea Deodorant, the one that

says "Mild care & natural freshness" or something

like that on the side, and the freshness is there

allright!

Pried the ball out with a screwdriver and found a

pleasant surprise: A plastic "cross" that keeps

the nib from falling into the container.

Show & Tell time kids!

nivea-1.jpg

^^ The deodorant and a cleaning sponge, one third of

the sponge cut off to be used as a nib.

nivea-2.jpg

^^ The deodorant tipped over, check out the cross.

nivea-3.jpg

^^ Sponge folded in two and shoved in a bit, then i

tucked the sides in to get a snug fit.

nivea-4.jpg

^^ And snug it is. I'm holding the mop in the nib and it doesn't come out a bit.

nivea-5.jpg

^^ The original rounded top for the deodorant is a screwtop,

i don't like screwing around with that, i want push n pull action,

so i found a top for a liquer bottle that fitted perfectly on top

so it wouldn't come off accidently.

The best part about this mop is that it is made out of glass,

so you can throw in some really hazardous shit if you want.

Originally posted by panakeii@Sep 2 2005, 10:02 AM

those faces

Insert a knife under the top part of

the kiwi and push upwards, with some

force it should fly off with a pop.

Don't use a sharp knife though.

Throw in your favourite ink and push

the top in place again, duct tape to

avoid leaks.

thanks man

any ink that you recomend more?

im going to work on that today.

love.

Kiwis works with most inks, but the deadlier the

better of course. If you are going to use thick

ink (like paint thats not thinned out very much)

you can cut a hole in the side of the peg sticking

out in the middle of the kiwi nib or cut it off

completely, but if you do so please remember

to store the kiwi in a upright position or you will

get a nasty surprise next time you pop the lid off.