MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by amne+Sep 13 2005, 04:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amne - Sep 13 2005, 04:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by wase@Jul 30 2005, 02:57 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-MuKiS@Jul 27 2005, 08:46 PM

jumbo9hs.jpg

qot 1 of dese 2day any know how 2 open em up ?

to open it...u turn the top part to the right instead of the left. if you dont know what imean by top part...its the white part under the cap..just twist it to the right.

that doesnt work, i've got one and i've been trying for days, im about to just break that ho off..

[/b]

jus picked one up. the reason it's stuck is because theres glue thats dried up in there holding the valve in place. you just gotta turn until it breaks up. the valve will sit in there fine, it just wont be glued in. mine works great. dont use pliers, youlll break the plastic, just twist as hard as you can the opposite of the way you normally would. make sure you put that bitch in a ziploc when you fill it though, it leaks inside the cap a little...it hasnt leaked into my pocket yet, but just in case. make sure you pump it really well for a long time. that nib takes a while to juice up. otherwise you get streaky lines and itll dry out before the end of the tag. good luck.

Originally posted by spade561+Sep 20 2005, 06:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spade561 - Sep 20 2005, 06:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by amne@Sep 13 2005, 04:28 PM

Originally posted by wase@Jul 30 2005, 02:57 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-MuKiS@Jul 27 2005, 08:46 PM

jumbo9hs.jpg

qot 1 of dese 2day any know how 2 open em up ?

to open it...u turn the top part to the right instead of the left. if you dont know what imean by top part...its the white part under the cap..just twist it to the right.

that doesnt work, i've got one and i've been trying for days, im about to just break that ho off..

jus picked one up. the reason it's stuck is because theres glue thats dried up in there holding the valve in place. you just gotta turn until it breaks up. the valve will sit in there fine, it just wont be glued in. mine works great. dont use pliers, youlll break the plastic, just twist as hard as you can the opposite of the way you normally would. make sure you put that bitch in a ziploc when you fill it though, it leaks inside the cap a little...it hasnt leaked into my pocket yet, but just in case. make sure you pump it really well for a long time. that nib takes a while to juice up. otherwise you get streaky lines and itll dry out before the end of the tag. good luck.

[/b]

yeah, i have the same thing it was kind of hard to open at first, but make sure you turning it the wrong way, turn it to the right, the threads are backwards.

what are you guys putting in your 2 way zig glue maerker? i havent gotten anything together yet but i want to know what you guys like. also willl thinned out paint go through that nib on the zig? and last, anyone know if replacement nibs are available, i havent found any yet.

i went to all the store around, art and office none had refill ink, they only had that india ink which i heard is crap and sunami i htink.

well i picked up another zig, a biggie 50 says that you cant open it and ive tryed. my last zig the 2 way glue one just spun off counterclockwise, how can i open up this 50?

I finally got some of the Leeho pens...and, the hype was well worth it. These are hot shit, for real. Imagine a Zig, but about a third smaller and the tip is perfect, about the same as a Pilot, but on a flowpen. They don't hold a lot of ink, but they don't waste any of it, either. I'm sold.

Originally posted by shai hulud@Oct 1 2005, 12:22 PM

I finally got some of the Leeho pens...and, the hype was well worth it. These are hot shit, for real. Imagine a Zig, but about a third smaller and the tip is perfect, about the same as a Pilot, but on a flowpen. They don't hold a lot of ink, but they don't waste any of it, either. I'm sold.

Yo Shai... yeah i just got one too... my question for you is when you opened it up and cleaned all the shit out to put your ink in.... did you put it back togethor the way they sent it to you or did you leave some shit out? thanks man.

adhesive_leeho_2_in_1.jpg

Here, Flip. I found mine at a fabric store, they seem to be marketed under a few different brands. Mine were from Singer and cost $3 each.

[attachmentid=22300]

They have a very clean line, as you can see.

[attachmentid=22301]

Here's what the finished product looks like.

I didn't leave any of the parts out, but it was a bitch to unscrew the top off. Is there some trick I should know about these?

[attachmentid=22302]

I found this the other day at the store where I pay my cellphone bill. It's got to be at least 30 or 40 years old, and it works as good as new. I love old pens like this...I still find them here and there.

pichecao1.jpg.a4ebc40de59b4ecfd693e88159b65328.jpg

leeho.jpg.3a054902f05623eb3e7768862e17961e.jpg

listo.jpg.6fbc747edccbde1ad5d1320af473501f.jpg

i was in michaels yesterday and i saw this zig marker that was hella sick. i got hella normal zigs, the glue ones, but this zig was a "posterman". it came with ink inside of it, with a fat nib. the ink is waterproof, opaque, and fast drying, but im not sure if the ink is too good. ill fuck with it and let you guys know. iono how to post pics so sorry for those who want to see it.

anyway those leeho pens look like a bigger version of the zigs. but im sure they're tight. its cool how its a flat line with no drips. ill probly go gank one soon enough.

here's one of those bottles that they have at michael's. they're 4 oz. and they have a pretty good nib on them.

twelve2.jpg

i mixed some sumi ink(really runny, but doesn't stay for anything) and some griffin. there's way too much of the bullshit for the griffin to even do anything.

12oz.jpg

and anyone know if the leather dye in a kiwi is any good? i got this off a friend and i haven't tried it out yet. i'm kind of lazy.

twelve.jpg

peace.

I've been slacking, but no longer...I have all new and improved mods, so put on the nerd hats and check this out...I just got Picasa, which is this super fun photo application from Google..hence my artsy-fartsy new look. Let me know what you think, I'm having a blast with it...I'm not very handy with Photoshop, and this is retarded easy and fun...here's a link to it if you like it. http://picasa.google.com/ And, if you like my boring ol' photos, I'll go back to those, too. ;)

[attachmentid=22513]

This is a 1 oz. squeeze bottle. I cut the hole in the top a little bigger, and pulled a piece of felt chalkboard eraser through it, filled it with ink, and there's the results.

[attachmentid=22514]

That's a Sanford blacktop bottle with the ball popped out and a mop valve tip in its place. I had to cut 1/4" off around the top so it would fit. I think the new/old ink combination made it clog a little, so use the stock ink and save some time.

[attachmentid=22515]

This is an old OTR I fucked up with Krink, that i pulled the valve out of. I then took a piece of felt, foled it in half, and pulld it through the top, again. It writes even better than before! Flows nice, too.

[attachmentid=22516]

This is what the Leeho line looks like- sharp, and clean. I went out ith this the other night, and it's even better than I expected it to be.

All right, I have to go pass out now. I'll post some more stuff I'm cooking up in my head soon.

Image000_3.jpg.13977551f8ecca4498dde321d6fb201e.jpg

Image001_1.jpg.2ffad9b0727a511cf0d8dcd359bed768.jpg

Image002_1.jpg.e66773d00699c137ec1d26ffbdfea5e3.jpg

Image003.jpg.ebbe8248846411c1c4aa096eb66b7aef.jpg

Originally posted by shai hulud@Oct 5 2005, 11:12 PM

Nope...Kiwi only makes good mops.

I didn't think sumi would mix well with Griffin, but Griffin is alcohol based so it could work. Those applicators are cool, how much are they? (Michael's isn't the rack it used to be.)

i think they run about a dollar or two. i'm not too sure, cause i racked it, and i never check the prices. i'm too busy looking out for myself.

dm, found it near the other paint supplies, and the natural sponges. but i found out that most of them are organized all different, so just look around a little.

i think they run about a dollar or two. i'm not too sure, cause i racked it, and i never check the prices. i'm too busy looking out for myself.

:haha: That's the truth...unfortunately, me and two other people have kind of blown up our local store. I never even used to look out. I was thinking about pushing a cart out the front door at one point, but by then they had gotten cameras and a rent-a-cop...that's not me anymore, though. For a while though, It was TOO easy.

I like that angled tip...does it add anything cool to the line? If the foam was firm enough, I could see it being a good thing.

well this thread inspired me to come up with some new markers. here is my new fav shit. its a puma cologne bottle. i just cut off the top used the very bottom so the cap would still go on. put a peice of eraser in there which works amazing with the size of the hole. (really tight no leaks at all)

im0014246dy.jpg

im0014255qx.jpg

im0014269fb.jpg

im0014270rl.jpg

writes really well and drips on metal and painted surfaces.

Looks good...but, if that's your real word, I'd pull that photo right away if I were you. Just looking out, that's all. Otherwise, SHUT UP, SHAI...............

The only thing I'd worry about is dropping the damn thing...I have Serious Butterfingers. Me and glass are not friends.

I wouldn't have thought of this since I don't wear cologne. I should, I stink like three goats. :lol:

haha shai you say you wanted to start rackin just by pushing a shopping cart out. hahahaha funny shit cause i did that shit at winco stealin alcohol and some other munchies and guess what, i got caught. yea, to all those juveniles out there, learn from my mistakes and dont do that.

Flip- It can be done. It HAS been done. That's all I'm gonna say here. I wouldn't recommend it unless you know the trick.

Taper- Any liquid ink is worth a shot...but, don't blow up their spot- be discreet. Copiers are nice to have if you're into wheatpasting- I didn't say that. Strike the last comment from the record. :wink2: