MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by shai hulud+Sep 12 2005, 07:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shai hulud - Sep 12 2005, 07:44 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CACashRefund@Sep 11 2005, 08:52 PM

You cant refill a mean streak.

Ahhhhh....I know how...it's easy, and cheap if you can find the

"refills", but it is easier to replace them 95% of the time.

As far as doing the chemistry yourself, here's a big clue- the idea of a streak is to stabilize paint to work in a range of enviroments. So, the idea is that you have to lowering its viscosity, and then add chemicals to facilitate its use under any conditions. The main additive I know of in streaks is glycol, AKA antifreeze, which gives streakers that sweet smell. Glycol is also an ingredient in brake fluid, coincindentally. I don't really want to go into how to thicken paint here, seeing as how most people won't bother, but there are books about it out there.

Guess all that time I hung out at the paint store paid off...

[/b]

Cant you just put in some paint and thinner when it runs out?

Originally posted by wase+Jul 30 2005, 02:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wase - Jul 30 2005, 02:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MuKiS@Jul 27 2005, 08:46 PM

jumbo9hs.jpg

qot 1 of dese 2day any know how 2 open em up ?

to open it...u turn the top part to the right instead of the left. if you dont know what imean by top part...its the white part under the cap..just twist it to the right.

[/b]

that doesnt work, i've got one and i've been trying for days, im about to just break that ho off..

Originally posted by shai hulud@Sep 13 2005, 08:44 PM

Nope...you're on the wrong track. You THICKEN the paint to solid form, then add it. Liquid paint would be a mess.

yea I just got one and I know what you are talking about. What were you guys talking about with the pump system simmilar to otr then?

okay here goes, i made a huge marker out of plastic parts from my local hardware store, the tubes are 3 inches (7,5 cm) so the tip is has the same width, i only like markers with round tip, they dont sell them so i made my own. There is some foam from an old couch and an old sock in it as the tip, it takes about 200ml of ink for the foam to get all soaked and the reservoir can hold about 300ml of ink. I can take off the top part of the marker if i need to refill, its sealed by a rubberring so no ink can leak out. It doesnot have a pumpsystem because it really doesnot need it, the foam has a lot of ink in it so when you put a little pressure on it, drips will be the result. I use it mainly to tag on trains with some ink (a mix of grog, corio, marsh, gv etc.) and they cant or hardly buff it :D

the marker,

p1010013medium1gl.jpg

the result:

tagsontrains15medium9cd.jpg

after the buff:

tagsontrains274ee.jpg

i am posting this here because i ve learned a lot about ink from the ink recipe superthread :)

Originally posted by 5iveDee+Sep 14 2005, 08:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (5iveDee - Sep 14 2005, 08:27 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-shai hulud@Sep 13 2005, 08:44 PM

Nope...you're on the wrong track. You THICKEN the paint to solid form, then add it. Liquid paint would be a mess.

yea I just got one and I know what you are talking about. What were you guys talking about with the pump system simmilar to otr then?

[/b]

Exactly. I still want one of those huge Tagline pens, but they sell out before I can order one.

693730_sk_md.jpg

The marsh brush is pretty wild, too.

You wouldn't get enough to make a dent in another marker, believe me. What's up with Pilot ink going for $5 and up a bottle???? That's what I want to know. It's not like they don't make it anymore- I can still find it for two bucks and change...I think graff stores are ripping us off by inflating the price, and citing "limited availability". That's bullshit, since I can walk to the stationery shop by my house, and order it for less than what it cost me in 1990, if you adjust for inflation. Again, what's really going on?

http://www.edding.com/1448_DEU_HTML.htm

http://www.edding.com/1457_DEU_HTML.htm

http://www.edding.com/1463_DEU_HTML.htm

http://www.edding.com/1460_DEU_HTML.htm

I ordered a catalog from these guys...they're like one stop shopping, if I've ever seen it. Why isn't anything like this available in the States? I'm going to blow a check on this company, if I'm not careful...they even sell one liter bottles of ink!

T1000_001_l.jpg

Can I go live in Germany now? I've been good, I swear!