MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
SO i was just reading the little etch debate at the beginning of this thread . But i was wondering how the rest of you feel about " Scribes" ? Any thoughts!?!?

use whatever you can to get up. take a sponge from home and go write on a dusty or dirty wall, big ass tags, take some crayons and write on an electrical box, it all works.

Picture004-1.jpg[/img]

Anyone know where I can get these nibs online? They are not the usual soft nibs like in molotow markers, they're harded.

in doller stores theres dry erase markers that have a little nib just like this as an eraser ffor the dry erase

shit works perfect...

but shhh its a secret

Their inks are both a waste of money. All you are paying for is a grossly overpriced marker body that you can find at your local arts and crafts store. Save your money and buy Oink, Garvey, or Pilot.... Or just make your own ink and put it in the same marker body you can find for 1/10th of the price.

Anyone seen the krylon brights marker? Fucking watery as hell. I got the pink one....wonder if the other two colors are as shitty as this?

Haha I got a pink one too. Found them joann's fabrics. They had green, blue, yellow and pink. I was asking the woman what she thought about them and she said they were pretty good, but had a loooong drying time. I drew a bunch of hearts on an amp rack and yeah after about an hour i licked my finger and could wipe it off.. It look liked it thickened up after a bit.

Oh they glow under black-light she said =] you can tag da club and yo shit be bangin in the UV son!

As for woodcraft, I saw there was some discussion on these. I kinda like them. Pretty pricey at Micheal's but the paint is really juicy and the nib is pretty sturdy. Apparently they are refillable. I read on some website, forget which one, that said they carry refill ink for them.

Come in a ton of colors. Even more in the smaller one's.

I had a bunch of old sharpie paint markers for a few years ago. Thought I would contribute a little to this thread. It's not exactly the most creative thing on the planet but it takes about 10-20min to make it and it works pretty dang well. Hope no one has already done one of these and posted. It's hard going through all the posts to check.

Here we go

Step 1:

Remove cap. Unscrew the top of the marker. Pour paint out. Clean out marker shell.

(You can keep the mixing ball if you want it)

l_febe7f842d3b4a5d9f2910e2ea8256d8.jpg

Step 2:

Inside the plastic part that holds the nib, there is a small circle of cork. Push pull it out with pliers or pry it out with a pen. Throw the cork away.

l_93a360b38c78476d98c4af2d40720986.jpg

Step 3:

On the plastic tip, there is a wide section that is threaded. You want this. Cut the rest off.

l_41880738f4ba4b0d9d3f49644560d078.jpg

Step 4:

Take a strip of chalk board felt and fold in half. Cut the felt to where it's sticking into the casing about half of an inch. Making sure you have the felt held tight together and force it through the plastic tip section. When you get it through, you want to make sure you can't push it through from the writing side. Also check to make sure you can't see where the felt is folded. It should be very very snug fitting so it does not leak ink.

l_8b75c3f1de034ae1a30853c9ce58c157.jpg

Step 5:

Fill your casing with the ink of your choice, push the felt into the container till the threads touch the casing and screw it down tight.

l_e01fbc64ca224ef085b886b1a4f27a3c.jpg

Step 6:

Have fun.

l_bb1d8c5d231f476db0fe72d7566e83cf.jpg

I complete forgot to mention. When your putting your nib in, you want to push it from the bottom up through the top as shown.

l_40ef4f1fa7e7446bb11b5fb1c1dd9404.jpg

It's going to be a pretty damn tight squeeze. Keep pushing it till it goes through enough. Use the flat side of a pen. The felt is tough, you wont tear through it. This will make sure, once again, that it does NOT leak on you.

l_20b883ca998a4b0391814e6ae6f11276.jpg

If you want different types of nib shape, such as a circle or a rectangle, you can shave out the top of the plastic that your nib is being pushed through. Just above the threads there is enough room to make it work.

Here is an example.

l_70650103f3274dacab35570d9ec5df6b.jpg

Possible issues.

1. When screwing the nip/tip back onto the shell, depending on how wide the felt is, it might feel like it's not going on, or might even push the felt up some. This is okay. Turn the marker upside down over some news paper and push down onto the flat hard surface and start twisting the nib/tip back onto the shell.

It should not spill. If your felt is that tight in the shell, most likely you won't loose any ink putting it together this way.

There is also a little rubber gasket type of deal inside the tip of the shell. Experiment around, maybe pull it out.

2. Sometimes the caps have a little trouble going back on and staying on. This could really suck. Easy fix. With the increased height and width of the felt nib, the cap might have to be pushed down harder to make it's connection. You can also try twisting the cap while pushing downward.

Another good way that I found is to give a bit of grip to the cap. Get that electrical tape handy and put a single strip around the plastic tip that holds the nib. Then another strip, or two if you like, on the body just below the line.

good idea man, but if you want to put the cap back on easier only cut away to the first ridge

yea the nib won't be as big but then there's no extra dripping from squeezing the top back on

Yeah depending on the size of the nib you want, you could do that, there are a lot of options.

The thing is, depending on how full the body is with your ink, it would still drip no matter how slim the nib. That also depends on how deep into the body the felt goes down.

With the thick chalkboard felt that I used, I noticed it didn't push the ink out to overflow. The felt just soaked it up as I pushed it in. So I think it also depends on the consistency of whatever medium your filling in your marker.

That's the neat thing about making your own marker. It's your own. You can make it however you want =] I think it's a lot of fun, plus gives your mark a bit of personality with all those different tips you can make.

i dunno. i find krink ink alright. i recently got one of the mini mops with opaque green paint and its pretty nice. and its easy to hide. i just bought a krink mop, and although the bottle is just a regular kiwi shoe polish bottle. the ink is pretty good. but nothing beats a good ole pilot or marsh marker

That's the neat thing about making your own marker. It's your own. You can make it however you want =] I think it's a lot of fun, plus gives your mark a bit of personality with all those different tips you can make.[/color]

yea i hear ya, right now i'm working on making a round felt tip valve marker

i like round lines better than chisel so i thought i'd give it a try, i'll post pics when i finish

Im not going to hate on Krink ,its a little pricey but i never had any complaints. im allways running with something on me weather it be a k-71 a uni ,presto etc..the Michaels wood markers are great for putting your own ink in. i found a nice size nib marker at staples perfect for putting your own shit in -the window paint kind,and sometimes its easyer to rack from staples.. ya feel me?

my 2 cents on the subject.

Mr.Black in Oink mop..

Ok so i bought some mr.black and a new oink widebody mop, filled it up and it just doesnt flow right. I even took the nib off and took the regulator out figuring it would help it flow better.. No luck. Anyone had experience with this combo? Thanks