Great Quotes.

King Of Hell

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.

I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.

-leonardo De Vinci

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle

The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend. - Henri Louis Bergson

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damn lies and statistics. - Mark Twain

Our knowledge can only be finite, while our ignorance must necessarily be infinite. - Karl Popper

The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.

- Bertrand Russell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”

― Sylvester Stallone, Rocky Balboa

• 3 weeks later...

Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life.

I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss

or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have.

also;

But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace soubriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona. Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi” now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin, van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

Verily this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose

-Hugo Weaving in V For Vendetta

"Actually, laziness is an outward manifestation of fear, friend. It's a fear of the pain or discomfort that could result from doing something. Fear tends to completely over-exaggerate things too. It's rarely ever as bad as your fears try to make it. You kind of "feel" like you should do it, but your fears make you want to stay lazy and flee back into the arms of "comfort". I know this feeling well, friend. It's still fear.

Either it's fear, or you just don't want it bad enough. Or both."

-some guy on youtube

• 2 months later...

i cant believe i got shot i thought i ducked

just rollin my dice shootin my luck

kickin with the homies drinking 40s on the block

talkin bout what my dice doo when they drop

then all the sudden ii see a gun

and i herd the bam that made everybody run

but i cant run i cant cuz im fallin

my body getting numb and i here my mother callin

but it dont feel like im dead