post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^props, looks good.

lasst weeks taco tuesday...

\/ i dont eat that chap ass bread

24gmxc2.jpg

corn tortillas, black beans, spanish rice, some of the hot sauces, cheese, onions, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, jalapenos, and roasted anaheim peppers for the win.

Dope. Hate to bring up another controversial condiment but where is the guac??

those better have been made in a mini-oven & not the microwave

welcome to my life, i do this 4-5 times a week with various toppings

+props

lol we just got the microwave for christmas from my grandma.it was like 25 or 50 dollars or something like that.the last one i had was from back when i was like 7 hahah.ive gone about a year without one.do oyu know how long it takes to cook a corndog without a microwave? like 20 minutes.shit is rediculous.im happy tho.the last one i had you had to hold the door closed or it would just keep opening up hahaha.

Home made soft pretzels...the best!!!

4228937404_e2f279d2a3_b.jpg

Courtesy of Alton Brown...

Level: Intermediate

Yield: 8 pretzels

CloseTimes:Prep30 min Inactive Prep1 hr 0 min Cook25 min Total:1 hr 55 min :

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups warm (110 to 115 degrees F) water

1 tablespoon sugar

2 teaspoons kosher salt

1 package active dry yeast

22 ounces all-purpose flour, approximately 4 1/2 cups

2 ounces unsalted butter, melted

Vegetable oil, for pan

10 cups water

2/3 cup baking soda

1 large egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon water

Pretzel salt / Sea salt

Directions

Combine the water, sugar and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and sprinkle the yeast on top. Allow to sit for 5 minutes or until the mixture begins to foam. Add the flour and butter and, using the dough hook attachment, mix on low speed until well combined. Change to medium speed and knead until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the side of the bowl, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the dough from the bowl, clean the bowl and then oil it well with vegetable oil. Return the dough to the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and sit in a warm place for approximately 50 to 55 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line 2 half-sheet pans with parchment paper and lightly brush with the vegetable oil. Set aside.

Bring the 10 cups of water and the baking soda to a rolling boil in an 8-quart saucepan or roasting pan.

In the meantime, turn the dough out onto a slightly oiled work surface and divide into 8 equal pieces. Roll out each piece of dough into a 24-inch rope. Make a U-shape with the rope, holding the ends of the rope, cross them over each other and press onto the bottom of the U in order to form the shape of a pretzel. Place onto the parchment-lined half sheet pan.

Place the pretzels into the boiling water, 1 by 1, for 30 seconds. Remove them from the water using a large flat spatula. Return to the half sheet pan, brush the top of each pretzel with the beaten egg yolk and water mixture and sprinkle with the pretzel salt. Bake until dark golden brown in color, approximately 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack for at least 5 minutes before serving.

Archived