maybe now you will consider gun control?

shitting

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know whether Americans in general heard much of this :

In 1996 Australia was host to a massacre of 35 people, including children. It was the work of lone gunman, Martin Bryant, who was armed with 2 assault rifle. (AR15 and a SLR .308?? from memory). He was learning impaired, really dumb, taken alive and given something like 35 concurrent life sentences.

Later that year automatic rifles were banned after a several month amnesty for unregistered/very illegal weapons and buy backs for all semi autos. Handguns were also designated as never allowed to leave gun club lockers grounds and lockers.

Works for me. Shooting are few and far between and mostly involve hard core criminals. There have only been a handful of murders from semi auto rifles and and a reduced number from handguns in the ten year post the reform

***Although several years ago an Asian male took two handguns he held LEGALLY from his pistol club and killed a few people in a uni classroom. ** I think this caused some minor additional reform.

It was that incident at Monash Clayton which got semi-auto pistols banned. But because we dont have guns on our streets, Im sure the rate of stabbings is higher in Australia than they are in America taking into account the population differences. But if someone came to my uni with a knife and tried stabbing 30 people the guy would get a beat down after he stabbed the second person. Also with a gun, any fuckwit who has seen a movie knows how to operate one, and the biggest pussey can still take down an amount of people. Without a gun you need some balls if you want to kill some one.

They cant really control guns in America, every man and his dog has one, and alot of companies would go broke if guns were banned, and the debate would be endless. I guess the only way to prevent shit like this happening is having airport security style entrances at all universities and schools.

IT'S LIKE THE CVE LYRIC.......

GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE,

PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE SILLY,

IF WE WASNT SHOOTIN NIGGAS,

WE'D BE SHANKIN NIGGAS REALLY

the solution is....

Soft_Bulletproof_Vest.jpg

military-bulletproof-vest-01.jpg

+

Military_Bulletproof_Helmet.jpg

as new standard school uniform and there will be no more massacre.

Seriously. the reason is that our governments have no more moral values the people neither so we are all fucked up. Arms banning in countries where there is millions of weapons everywhere is an utopia.

http://www.thehomegunsmith.com/introduction.shtml

If a guy want to kill a lot of people he just have to take his SUV and run over people.

that's just bullshit!!!!!!!!!!

First, from what ive read he used a Glock 9mm and a non-specific .22 pistol. So there were No assault or military style weapons used. And he did purchase the Glock legally a few days before... both these are from http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266500,00.html

There are so many factors that go into someone going nuts and shooting mass amounts of people. You cant just dumb it down to its the guns fault. Guns do play a factor in it but are not the root cause. I do think it should be some what harder to aquire guns in this country but i dont think they should be banned..... looking at it from a logical side, there is no "cure-all" for things like this.

fox news is always a good source to reference...

anyhow, ive skimmed this and i see a lot of talk about canada, australia, etc. which is baffling me. why? because we are talking about america. as much as i would like to find some numbers which i am sure would back me up i dont have time however i am almost 99% sure that america has far more guns than any of these other countries being discussed which makes half of these arguments irrelevant. most people who own registered weapons do not buy them with the intention of committing a crime and (again, im sure i could find a study to support this) i have no doubt that registered weapons, used by the person it is registered to, account for only a fraction of violent crime committed with a firearm. focusing on tightening gun control is ignoring the fact that stolen firearms are readily available in most any city you go to. in fact the last gun i looked at purchasing was not registered to the person trying to sell it to me and this person was a father living in a half million dollar home.

im getting off on a tangent here but the point is banning weapons will not stop the problem just like banning certain drugs does not stop drug use. they are out there and they are available to anyone who wants them and that is not going to change by taking handguns out of walmart or placing a ban on assult rifles.

all an assualt weapons ban would do is make alot of people richer.. the amount of ak47's that are legally brought into and assembled in our country is insane, if a ban goes through all it will do is sky rocket the values on any assault rifle and hi-cap magazines.

it will also kill buisness for manufactures, distributors, and gun shops. buisness owner and employees would be jobless. and the amount of tax that the government is making off guns alone is reason why this wouldnt happen.

ive seen the checks that my boss writes (i work at gun shop) for taxes, and for law enforcement (for the background checks).. on a monthly basis he sends out a check for about $1200 just for the background checks... an its not a high volume shop.

all in all, just because your country doesn allow guns.. doesnt mean that all other countries should follow. personally i own guns because i enjoy shooting, home protection, self protection, and as a collection. so dont hate what you dont understand.

--on a total side note the assault weapons ban did NOT ban any guns. It only made it where you could only have 2 of the following on a gun, a collaspable stock, removable mag, flash supressor, a bayonet lug..... think there were a couple more but you get the jist of it. It did not make it where you couldnt purchase a AK, it just couldnt have a bayonet lug. And even that you could still buy one it just had to be "pre-ban" and cost about double. It actually wouldnt hurt my feelings if they reinstated the ban, id go buy up some more AK's and turn a healthy profit in a year or so..