maybe now you will consider gun control?

shitting

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i thought you were a white muslim convert. weird

and what?

It's a weird world we live in. You never heard of a White guy who listened to De La and could have possibly became muslim? Actually, I'm not white I'm sort of olive/reddish in complexion and definately not anglo. does anyone else in theis thread hate the word caucasion? Black dudes I know always use this word thinking they are being respectful. I'm like "caucasion"?? I don't like that word.

and what?

It's a weird world we live in. You never heard of a White guy who listened to De La and could have possibly became muslim? Actually, I'm not white I'm sort of olive/reddish in complexion and definately not anglo. does anyone else in theis thread hate the word caucasion? Black dudes I know always use this word thinking they are being respectful. I'm like "caucasion"?? I don't like that word.

eh, no big deal. just what i thought.

No right to guns = loss of human rights. It's much easier to push around a defenseless population than an armed population. The old adage stands. A few bad apples don't spoil the bunch. (although he might kill and seriously wound a few people around him before he makes his brains hang, BANG BANG.)

got a car hippie , did you see this report from your side ? think ill keep my guns ,might have to defend myself from some crazed liberal behind the wheel . now you have a new cause ban the car

Road traffic crashes leading cause of death among young people

New WHO report marks First UN Global Road Safety Week

19 APRIL 2007 | GENEVA -- Road traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among young people between 10 and 24 years, according to a new report published by WHO. The report, Youth and Road Safety, says that nearly 400 000 young people under the age of 25 are killed in road traffic crashes every year. Millions more are injured or disabled.

Related links

:: Report: Youth and Road Safety [pdf 3.0Mb]

:: UN Global Road Safety Week

:: World Youth Assembly for Road Safety

The vast majority of these deaths and injuries occur in low- and middle-income countries. The highest rates are found in Africa and the Middle East. Young people from economically disadvantaged backgrounds are at greatest risk in every country. Young males are at higher risk for road traffic fatalities than females in every age group under 25 years.

Unless more comprehensive global action is taken, the number of deaths and injuries is likely to rise significantly. Road traffic collisions cost an estimated US$ 518 billion globally in material, health and other expenditure. For many low- and middle-income countries, the cost of road crashes represents between 1-1.5% of GNP and in some cases exceeds the total amount the countries receive in international development aid.

Youth and Road Safety stresses that the bulk of these crashes are predictable – and preventable. Many involve children playing on the street, young pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists, novice drivers and passengers of public transport.

The report points out that children are not just little adults. Their height, level of maturity, their interests, as well as their need to play and travel safely to school, mean that they require special safety measures. Also, the report says, protecting older youth requires other measures such as lower blood alcohol limits for young drivers and graduated license programmes.

Special safety measures for children

As part of the First United Nations Global Road Safety Week (23-29 April 2007), WHO is launching the report to draw attention to the high global rates of death, injury and disability among young people caused by road traffic crashes. Youth and Road Safety highlights examples in countries where improved measures such as lowering speed limits, cracking down on drink-driving, promoting and enforcing the use of seat-belts, child restraints, and motorcycle helmets, as well as better road infrastructure and creating safe areas for children to play have significantly reduced the number of deaths and injuries.

"The lack of safety on our roads has become an important obstacle to health and development," said Dr Margaret Chan, WHO Director-General. "Our children and young adults are among the most vulnerable. Road traffic crashes are not 'accidents'. We need to challenge the notion that they are unavoidable and make room for a pro-active, preventive approach. "

Youth and Road Safety is accompanied by a second and more personal document, Faces behind the figures: voices of road traffic crash victims and their families. Developed jointly by WHO and the Association for Safe International Road Travel, this book presents first-hand accounts of the experiences of victims, their families and friends following road crashes. The stories place a highly moving human face on the statistics provided by many road safety reports around the world. They reveal the physical, psychological, emotional and economic devastation that occurs during the aftermath of road traffic deaths and injuries. In particular, these accounts deepen our understanding of the enormous suffering that occurs behind each death and injury every year. They also highlight some of the initiatives undertaken by groups and individuals to improve road safety by sharing their concern, frustration and anger in order to prevent the same from happening again.

Faces behind the figures include:

On 16 September 2002, Jane Njawe, 42, was travelling by car with two other people from Yaounde, the capital of Cameroon, to Douala in the north. An hour into the journey, a bus driving in the opposite direction tried to overtake a truck on a curve at high speed. Unable to see any oncoming traffic, the driver smashed into the car, injuring everyone in it. While Jane's companions were taken to a nearby hospital, she was inexplicably driven to a poorly equipped bush clinic. A mother of four children, including a three-year-old son, Jane died five hours later from lack of blood. Jane's husband, Pius Njawe, formed an organization called Justice and Jane to keep her memory alive and to promote road safety.

On 29 August 2003, Balazs Geszti, a 24-year-old Hungarian butcher, returned home with his step-brother, Peter, in the early hours of the morning from a wedding. Both had been drinking heavily. Shortly after arriving home, Balazs received a phone call from his girlfriend asking him to attend another party. Racing over in his car, he smashed into a concrete barrier at 140 km an hour in a 50 km zone. Balazs was killed on impact. Peter is now a volunteer coordinator for Habitat for Humanity. He believes that if Balazs had not been drinking – or speeding – he might still be alive today.

In May 2002, Sateni Luangpitak, a motorcycle taxi driver in Thailand, collided into another vehicle. Sateni, now 28, was driving at 80 km per hour. The collision threw him on to the pavement, where he hit his head and left shoulder. Despite wearing a helmet, Sateni lost consciousness. When Prayoon Muangme, a friend, realized it would take too long for the emergency services to come, he evacuated Sateni to a nearby hospital. On arrival, however, he learned that no trauma facilities were available. Prayoon took his friend to yet another clinic. Sateni was lucky his helmet had protected his head and had suffered only light injuries. Nevertheless, his collision kept him out of work and reduced his ability to earn a living.

The First United Nations Global Road Safety Week is being organized by WHO, the UN Regional Commissions and partners in a bid to promote greater awareness of road traffic incidents and to give young people a voice. Spearheading the global campaign, a World Youth Assembly will be held in Geneva, Switzerland, where young delegates from over 100 countries will gather on 23-24 April 2007 to share their experience and plan joint activities for better road safety. World leaders including the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, the British Prime Minister Tony Blair and stars including Moby will be giving messages to the opening of the World Youth Assembly.

"The World Youth Assembly is our opportunity to step forward and take responsibility. The time has come to make our voices heard. The Youth Declaration for Road Safety is only a first step in a long journey towards safer transportation for youth around the world," said Nelly Ghossaini from Lebanon, the 21-year-old Chair of the World Youth Assembly.

Countries and communities will mark the event throughout the world. Governments, the UN and other international agencies, as well as private sector companies, foundations and groups working towards better road safety are expected to organize hundreds of local, national and international initiatives.

For further information, please contact:

Laura Sminkey

Technical Officer, WHO, Geneva

Tel: +41 22 791 4547

Mobile: +41 79 249 3520

E-mail: sminkeyl@who.int

self from some crazed liberal behind the wheel

I oppose gun control of any kind. Our second Amendment states “A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” The Bill of Rights, or the first ten Amendments, came into effect December 15, 1791. Congress threw the second Amendment in there for a reason; it wasn’t to make it easy for criminals to have guns, but actually to keep the public armed so that if necessary, could protect themselves from either our own government, if necessary, or a foreign threat.

Many people state that if owning a gun was illegal, or even harder to accomplish, crime and violence rates would plummet. This has no evidence to support it. For one thing, it was illegal for the kid to have the two guns on the campus. He didn’t care about the laws, because he wasn’t worried about what would happen if he violated them. Criminals are just that, criminals. They violate the law. Another thing, if guns were illegal, then you would start to see crime for the guns. Right now narcotics are illegal in the U.S., and you see many crimes committed to get the drugs to whom is buying them. If guns were illegal, you would start to see crimes committed to get the guns to buyers. If there is a demand, there will be a supply.

One might state that less guns on the street equals less crime, yet even this is false. Kennesaw, Georgia has a law that states, with a few exceptions, that every household in the county must own and maintain a firearm. The law went into effect in 1982. Between 1982 and 1999, there was a total of three murders in the county. Yet in 1996 it had over 13,000 citizens, no small number. Furthermore, of the three murders, two of them were with knives. In Kennesaw, crime rate is extremely low, and I will explain why. Imagine if you were a thief. Imagine that you knew one house had an owner with a gun inside at the current comment, and then you also knew that a house on the other side of the block had an owner without a gun. Thinking for your own life, which house would you rob? Unless your motive was to steal the gun and sell it, you would of course have chosen house number two. In Kennesaw, people think before they do something. They know that if they break the law, they could easily lose their life during the process of breaking it. After all, I would rather have a gun and not need it, rather to need a gun and not have it.

uhmm. thanks but i like my AK... and i plan on getting an AR-15, and a Sig 556 rifle.

so please enjoy your hippy country.

plus, if they outlaw rifles.. it just stops the honest man from owning one. the criminals dont give a shit if its a hot gun. only thing those laws and shit do, is keep guns in the wrong hands and out of the right(white) hands

wow that mothafuckas racist as hell. i guess columbine was in the right (white) hands too huh? stupid fuck

If everyone was able to have a gun and use it there would not be as many shootings as there is now. Maybe for the first little while if the law got est. but thats it. Cuz if i was a criminal and knew everyone had a gun id be scared as hell to shoot. thats my 2 sense

• 1 month later...

Gun control on both sides are fueled with ecnomic and racial status/ profiles.

On one hand, you have crazy conservitave religous right wing fucks who want to ride horses like cowboys and shoot colored people.

On the other hand you have bleeding heart neo-liberals who are afraid of colored / poor people with guns because everyone knows those are the ones shooting up our schools!

jay kay

fuck it, i believe if we were educated on guns as a nation in a whole, more could be achieved, knowledge is power.

• 7 months later...

I would just like to point out the lack of logic in this anti semi automatic rifle claim. why would you try to ban a bolt action rifle? when it comes to violence potential for the most part semi auto rifles are bolt action, hold very few rounds, and take a long time to reload. Almost all murders are commited with handguns, they hold a lot of bullets, easy to operate, not the average rifle.

• Like 1

what im scared about in the handguns do more crime, so it would make sense to ban those first if you are going to ban something line...

is if they do ban handguns, then they will figure out that dads hunting rifle has 30 times more power than that little hand job and then they will have to be banned as well. the victim disarmament zealots wont stop until they confiscate and ban all guns.

Schools fail at creating a good social environment and promote winners and losers / hostility. So students kill students with guns. Then the government takes away the guns. Students start killing students with knives. Then the government takes away knives. Students continue to kill students, with hands. Then the government goes eugenics and kills the students who kill students. And students stop killing.

Or you could just fix schools: End compulsory schooling and give students freedom from oppression that would save them from committing violent suppression.