Your pal Al Sharpton......

see and white people wonder why us blacks get provoked.....this type of shit is just unacceptable plain and simple, im pretty damn sure if it was some black guy saying something that racist of some white team, the station would be all over them fired the next day no questions...fuck your apology get out. But here we see this racist bastard give a half hearted apology saying it wasnt meant to be in that contex...gtfo imus knew just what the fuck he was saying and he knew he could get away with it.

That shit aint racist homie.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my guess is george w. bush. he'll call barack obama a nappy-headed liberal

Obama would slap the taste outta Bush's mouth .

:lol:

BTW I'm voting for Obama , he has a huge support group here in Cleveland , Ohio . He seems like a guy that's young enough not to be corrupted so easily , if at all .

I havent heard any whining about this really.

Sharpton doesnt whine.

He is conniving, and duplicitous but doesnt whine.

I have a problem with Imus and his side kick, and what they said.

Classism is the prevailing acceptable racism, and with in each Class there's a pecking order.

To anyone who has been the victim of overt racism and to some extent classism, you can 'feel' the difference.

^^All really good points that I didn't think about in my post.

Honestly i think Heavylox's post is one of the more intelligent and insightfull posts made on this forum in months. We all like to make the taboo word jokes and like to think we are really down with something enough to make those jokes. It makes someof us feel like we don't have to be conscious of what we say anymore. It makes some of us feel as if we are "let in" with a specific group. However, thats bullshit. Unless you are able to walk in someone else's shoes you can't really be a part of a group. You should watch your fucking mouth. If you really want to be as down as possible with someone then you should give them the respect not to humiliate them.

Imus is a racist Asshole. Below are the mini articles, but if you view the link you can check out other things he has said and further details:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200704060005

Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos"

In the April 4 edition of MSNBC's Imus in the Morning, host Don Imus referred to the Rutgers University women's basketball team, which is comprised of eight African-American and two white players, as "nappy-headed hos" immediately after the show's executive producer, Bernard McGuirk, called the team "hard-core hos." Later, former Imus sports announcer Sid Rosenberg, who was filling in for sportscaster Chris Carlin, said: "The more I look at Rutgers, they look exactly like the [National Basketball Association's] Toronto Raptors."

He's back? Rosenberg alluded to previous racially insensitive remarks that first got him fired from Imus

On the March 27 edition of MSNBC's Imus in the Morning, former Imus sports announcer Sid Rosenberg appeared on the program and referenced a story in the New York Daily News headlined "Serena Shocked by Racist Heckler." Rosenberg commented, "I was on an airplane," suggesting that he could not have been the one heckling professional tennis player Serena Williams.

Imus' McGuirk on "young colored fellah" Obama "pretty much deckin' the old bag from New York"

On the March 16 edition of MSNBC's Imus in the Morning, executive producer Bernard McGuirk, performing as his character "Cardinal Egan," said that "the whole nation is talking about" reports of a "young colored fellah pretty much deckin' the old bag from New York and takin' away some of her money." McGuirk continued: "I'm speaking, of course, about [sens.] Barack Obama [D-IL] and Hillary Clinton [D-NY]."

On Imus, McGuirk said that "bitch" Clinton will "have cornrows and gold teeth"

On the March 6 edition of MSNBC's Imus in the Morning, executive producer Bernard McGuirk said that Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY) was "trying to sound black in front of a black audience" when she gave a speech on March 4 in Selma, Alabama, to commemorate the 1965 "Bloody Sunday" civil rights march. McGuirk added that Clinton "will have cornrows and gold teeth before this fight with [sen. Barack] Obama [D-IL] is over." Earlier in the program, in reference to Clinton's speech, McGuirk had said, "Bitch is gonna be wearing cornrows." McGuirk also said that Clinton will be "giving Crips signs during speeches." The Crips are a Los Angeles-based street gang.

Imus: "t was Bernard who said, 'Besa mi culo' ... not me"

On the February 8 edition of MSNBC's Imus in the Morning, during a discussion with Newsweek magazine chief political correspondent Howard Fineman, host Don Imus falsely claimed that "it was [executive producer] Bernard [McGuirk] who said, 'Besa mi culo ... Gordo, [to New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson] not me." The phrase loosely translates to "kiss my ass, fat one," in Spanish. As Media Matters for America noted at the time, however, Imus echoed McGuirk -- labeled by Media Matters as "unidentified" -- saying "besa mi culo" at least twice himself on the February 1 edition of Imus. Richardson's mother is Mexican.

Imus producer referred to Obama's "Jew-hating name"

On the February 2 edition of MSNBC's Imus in the Morning, the show's executive producer, Bernard McGuirk, claimed that Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) has "a Jew-hating name." The remark followed a flurry of other negative comments from host Don Imus, McGuirk, and co-host Charles McCord about the presumptive Democratic presidential candidate, calling Obama a "creep," "a wind-watching wimp," and "a flip-flopping weasel."

MSNBC's Imus referred to "Jewish management" of CBS Radio as "money-grubbing bastards"

As the Forward newspaper reported in a December 8 online article, Don Imus referred to the "Jewish management" of CBS Radio as "money-grubbing bastards" on the November 30 broadcast of MSNBC's Imus in the Morning. Imus was discussing a past conflict with his bosses about hosting the musical group the Blind Boys of Alabama. Executive producer Bernard McGuirk asked, "Even if you wear a beanie, how can you not love the Blind Boys?" Imus continued, "I said, 'They're handicapped, they're black, and they're blind. How do we lose here?' And then a light bulb just went off over [the managers'] scummy little heads." CBS Radio owns WFAN, the New York station that is the flagship for Imus' radio show.

Shaprton should be last person on earth to call out a racist.He is the most racist motherfucker on the planet.First time i ever went to central bookings, i was in there with him.And this was back in sharpton's hay day.This guy was gettin all the black people in bookings to rally up against the white people.Lets just say it was a "eventfull" trip to bookings.

this forum has more whites than blacks , i can tell from the tip toey replys to this thread. Anyway, I haven't heard the coments Imus made, I never could stand that dude.

There's another spin to all of this. It's a political spin. The race issue is another way to bring him down. The Democrats and republicans are always looking to discredit one another. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't start going through old tapes of other talk radio hosts to see what comments they've made. From both sides, It's rediculous to me, Chris rock can talk cracker this and that all day and no-one cares but a white guy makes a stupid remark and everyones panties are in a bunch. Get over it, it's only the color of your skin.

I think people are too sensitive over their race. Nationality doesn't matter much to me. Where I grew up you had almost every race on your street and we were all kids playing to gether , eating the same 25 cent bags of chips and drinking the same teeni juices. From all walks of life, so now am I supposed to grow up and feel all connected to only the people in my particular ethnic group? Am I supposed to only care about and defend the issues connected to my ethnicity? scratch that.... I think there's an element of racism also in being too PRO any particular race also.

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?f=00&g=9d33919a-7896-4ec2-9a22-c96752f36b35&p=hotvideo_m_edpicks&t=m5&rf=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18089620/&fg=

Niger Innis says

oh and this reminded me of this:

Nigger%20Innis.jpg

what Dawood is saying is right. a lot of this boils down to politics. Al Sharpton is of course a democrat. Don Imus is a republican and another conservative voice on the airwaves. Niger Innis is a republican. it's not a coincidence that al sharpton went after imus so vehemently, and innis criticized sharpton in response.

but i do think innis made a good point -- why chastize innis when he is merely one of many people who use this phrase in the media? the people at BET broadcast "nappy headed ho" type phrases on a daily basis.

however i didn't like the way the anchorwoman read snoop dogg's comments all slow and butchered it up to make him sound dumb. snoop dogg also made a great point. many women do try to take advantage of men, and lots of male-bashing goes on in the media -- as long as these facets exists, sadly, i think men should also have a "rebuttal," if you will. it'd be great if there was no male-bashing or female-bashing at all. but you can't have it just one way and not the other.

i was watching the news today and they had a discussion today among "regular people." it was about 12 people, maybe 3 or 4 were black and the rest were white.

everyone had to chime in their opinions, then they got to this black lady, and she was saying how she was offended because he was also talking about her, because "i am also a nappy-headed... (pause) woman" i could tell she almost said ho by mistake. i LOL'd

There's another spin to all of this. It's a political spin. The race issue is another way to bring him down. The Democrats and republicans are always looking to discredit one another. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't start going through old tapes of other talk radio hosts to see what comments they've made. From both sides, It's rediculous to me, Chris rock can talk cracker this and that all day and no-one cares but a white guy makes a stupid remark and everyones panties are in a bunch. Get over it, it's only the color of your skin.

I think people are too sensitive over their race. Nationality doesn't matter much to me. Where I grew up you had almost every race on your street and we were all kids playing to gether , eating the same 25 cent bags of chips and drinking the same teeni juices. From all walks of life, so now am I supposed to grow up and feel all connected to only the people in my particular ethnic group? Am I supposed to only care about and defend the issues connected to my ethnicity? scratch that.... I think there's an element of racism also in being too PRO any particular race also.

if everyone had your 'experience' then what you say would make complete sense, however many people have had drastically different life experiences and thus we have an issue.

Sharpton, really turns my stomach; however i think, his popularity is similar to that of GWB, he appeals to the layman; he doesnt use fancy jargon, and regardless of how many thousands he spends on a suit he still looks swap meet jim. He also brings a voice to many voiceless people. Its a relationship of convenience; the poor get a voice (or so they think), Sharpton gets to look like he has the support of 'the' people. However the poor are in reality responding out of their own personal rage at their circumstance, and sharpton then projects their rage onto 'his', ipso facto their issue. And so in many ways Sharpton sells his supporters short by not actually reflecting their situation, or caring enough to help with out loud talking the perceived offenders. To me thats the true Sharpton style. Hes the dude who doesnt want to fist fight you, he wants to win a fight by getting all loud, drawing a crowd of passers by onto his side. Eventually he embarrasses you into submition, but not with out causing i gigantic scene, and certainly doesnt deal with any of the surrounding issues in any real sense. When people get single issued out and minded they seldoim can much done, if its not in direct response to the end game.

Sharpton may be politically motivated to an extent, however I am hard pressed to hear of any serious democratic figure that has any relationship with him. He may also be in some respects the black ops runner, if you will, for democrats; but hes so sloppy and unproductive it scares me to believe that. I think Sharpton, is primarily motivated by the almighty dollar. The new era ambulance chaser.

As i said before About Imus, i don't like him and i have never really listened to his show. However in regards to Chris rock, I find him less racially provocative; he highlights/makes jokes about both white and black. I think in some ways he is more critical of blacks, even though he may be louder about whites. I also think the aim of chis rock is not just for the easy thoughtless one liner; he has some deeper intent.

We all have splinters in our eyes as we try and remove them from the eyes of others. Nothing gets solved by this approach, except a round robin life time of countering with similar observations of others transgressions. I takes a certain strength of character and faith in the human contract to ignore your issue, in favor of settling whats on your plate first. We dont have or value it.

Sharpton, really turns my stomach; however i think, his popularity is similar to that of GWB, he appeals to the layman; he doesnt use fancy jargon, and regardless of how many thousands he spends on a suit he still looks swap meet jim.

Clarence Darrows pulled this same shit in the courtroom for year upon years to help him win cases. Smart tactic. Low, but smart. I hate lying sack of shit like these snakes. Screwing the common man and the down trodden under the guise of some purveyor of their cause. Most people don't even realise GWB didn't have a southern accent until he lost his first bid for Govenor. He was told Texans did't like his Connecticut accent so he made himself talk like a texan(kinda...) and now he's a southerner. Says he's pro family values but supports bug business. That is impossible. Big buisness hates family values.

if everyone had your 'experience' then what you say would make complete sense, however many people have had drastically different life experiences and thus we have an issue.

Sharpton, really turns my stomach; however i think, his popularity is similar to that of GWB, he appeals to the layman; he doesnt use fancy jargon, and regardless of how many thousands he spends on a suit he still looks swap meet jim. He also brings a voice to many voiceless people. Its a relationship of convenience; the poor get a voice (or so they think), Sharpton gets to look like he has the support of 'the' people. However the poor are in reality responding out of their own personal rage at their circumstance, and sharpton then projects their rage onto 'his', ipso facto their issue. And so in many ways Sharpton sells his supporters short by not actually reflecting their situation, or caring enough to help with out loud talking the perceived offenders. To me thats the true Sharpton style. Hes the dude who doesnt want to fist fight you, he wants to win a fight by getting all loud, drawing a crowd of passers by onto his side. Eventually he embarrasses you into submition, but not with out causing i gigantic scene, and certainly doesnt deal with any of the surrounding issues in any real sense. When people get single issued out and minded they seldoim can much done, if its not in direct response to the end game.

Sharpton may be politically motivated to an extent, however I am hard pressed to hear of any serious democratic figure that has any relationship with him. He may also be in some respects the black ops runner, if you will, for democrats; but hes so sloppy and unproductive it scares me to believe that. I think Sharpton, is primarily motivated by the almighty dollar. The new era ambulance chaser.

As i said before About Imus, i don't like him and i have never really listened to his show. However in regards to Chris rock, I find him less racially provocative; he highlights/makes jokes about both white and black. I think in some ways he is more critical of blacks, even though he may be louder about whites. I also think the aim of chis rock is not just for the easy thoughtless one liner; he has some deeper intent.

We all have splinters in our eyes as we try and remove them from the eyes of others. Nothing gets solved by this approach, except a round robin life time of countering with similar observations of others transgressions. I takes a certain strength of character and faith in the human contract to ignore your issue, in favor of settling whats on your plate first. We dont have or value it.

well said