Cocaine Cowboys

CACashRefund

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

http://www.bigpictureradio.com/2008/02/leo-and-mark-wahlberg-saddle-up-for.html

Leo and Mark Wahlberg Saddle Up for Cocaine Cowboys

11thhour1.jpgWhat is it with Leonardo DiCaprio signing contracts like autoraphs in the last year? Ever since The Departed won Best Picture, DiCaprio has been linked to more movies than supermodels, and that's saying something.

Add one more to the list: Cocaine Cowboys, a feature version of a 2006 documentary about, what else, the rich history of the Austian waltz.

No, it's about cocaine trafficking, obviously, and in the new version, Mark Wahlberg will play Miami drug dealer Jon Roberts, who distibuted "billions" in blow.

Since Page Six is used to dealing with stories featuring the fine Colombian, it's no surprise that they rung the bell on DiCaprio joining the cast for director Peter Berg (The Kingdom).

Leo will play a pilot who couriered the coke from Pablo Escobar in Colombia up to Miami, which is such a cliched role it had to happen, right? Well, yes, it did; that pilot's name is Mickey Munday.

Although I think we've pretty much been as saturated as we need to be with movies about drug dealers for one decade, at least we can assume the performances will be intense and moving and the direction by Berg will be colorful and in your face. I have to admit, it's not a bad combo.

• 4 weeks later...

cc2.jpg

In 1991, Charles Cosby was selling ounces of cocaine on the inner-city streets of Oakland, California. Bringing in a couple grand a week, he was living the new American Dream.

Then he wrote a fan letter to “Cocaine Godmother” Griselda Blanco – immortalized in rakontur’s Cocaine Cowboys – who was serving time at a nearby federal prison. Six months later, he was a multi-millionaire.

Charles was not only running Blanco’s $40 million a year cocaine business, he was also her lover. When she recruited him to participate in a prison break that involved the kidnapping of JFK Jr., Charles knew he was in over his head.

Also known as “The Black Widow,” for her propensity to permanently dispose of her men when she’s done with them (or when they betray her), Griselda would stop at nothing to ensure that Charles was faithful to her. And he would learn that lesson the hard way.

This is the story of a kid from the streets who (literally) gets in bed with a Colombian queenpin. It’s New Jack City meets Scarface – only the truth!.

Coming July 2008

cash what was ricky ross so deep in?

i know he was fuggin with that nicoya connect, and a man named enrique bermuda who was a major player in the US sponsered counter revolution against the sandinistas. was the US funding the contra war from all the money ricky was bringing in???

i like movies about cocaine smuggling. im probably gonna check these out.

cash what was ricky ross so deep in?

i know he was fuggin with that nicoya connect, and a man named enrique bermuda who was a major player in the US sponsered counter revolution against the sandinistas. was the US funding the contra war from all the money ricky was bringing in???

i like movies about cocaine smuggling. im probably gonna check these out.

pretty much

i dont think any mainstream movie is gonna expose the cia in a negative light like that

pretty much

i dont think any mainstream movie is gonna expose the cia in a negative light like that

the average joe sixpack wouldnt believe the level of government connections, from the cia in colombia, panama, nicuragua, grenada, and the noriega connection...

pretty much anything the gvt was doing with public policy, military training and action secretly in south america in the 8os , freeway ricky was their point man to distro the returns

i've seen this and some parts are interesting, especially the technical information and operational procedures of trafficking. but 99% of the people who find this stuff appealing are morons of the lowest order. it's telling what persons from the film people remember: brainless morons who are dead or serving life in prison rather than the smart people who are alive and free.

there is nothing cool about dealing coke.

so many other things are more interesting. even in the topic of drugs. how many of you read books about people like owsley, scully, sand and kemp, who made almost all the LSD in the world during the late 60's and 70's? no uzi massacres involved, but much more interesting stuff to anyone with a three digit IQ.

i've seen this and some parts are interesting, especially the technical information and operational procedures of trafficking. but 99% of the people who find this stuff appealing are morons of the lowest order. it's telling what persons from the film people remember: brainless morons who are dead or serving life in prison rather than the smart people who are alive and free.

there is nothing cool about dealing coke.

so many other things are more interesting. even in the topic of drugs. how many of you read books about people like owsley, scully, sand and kemp, who made almost all the LSD in the world during the late 60's and 70's? no uzi massacres involved, but much more interesting stuff to anyone with a three digit IQ.

thats pretty ignorant

cocaine is more relevant than lsd in that cocaine trafficking in that it drives political policies, its starts wars, and above all it makes or breaks governments and countries

you ever heard of plan colombia? war on drugs? FARC? most of all the insurgencies in central and southern american have been funded, in part at least, by cocaine

if you dont know cocaine and the political impacts it makes throughout the world is HUGE

LSD in the bigger picture is just a minor footnote

however

i do recommend this book if you haven't read it

0802130623.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg