Why do guys pick graffiti over girlfriends?

SeeingFingRed

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously guys, I want some honest advice and not some smart assed comments. :hatred: I just broke off a relationship with a guy who reads and posts on 12oz. Our relationship was pretty awesome except he would choose graffiti over me on many occasions. I know this is common and I just wondered if I could get a for-real reason why. Thanks to you who respectfully answer my inquiry! Peace :confused2:

I don't know about you, but Ive been writing for longer than I've known my girl. If it came down to it, graffiti would win out because it's something that drives me. Its been there longer. It's a part of me, and if my girl can't handle me having something this important in my life, then she needs a different kind of dude. One that doesn't have that "one thing" they are all about. It's no different than dudes who are into skateboarding, or their job, or whatever. Or a girl who is into something that deep for that matter. I don't want someone who needs me to be around all the damn time. I need someone who has their own shit going on, and is cool with me doing my thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've sort of in the exact opposite position. I'm the girlfriend who spends all her free time sitting at the bench with the boys drinkin natty bohs and shootin the shit. I also spend a good amount of time streaking as opposed to paying attention to my boy, I feel horrible about it. Streaking is the only thing that calms me down these days though. put a grease pen in my hand and a freight in front of me, and you have the happiest girl in the world. I nearly ended the relationship because I felt so guilty about ditching him all the time.

Alrighty, I just read through all this shit.

If the girl was bothered by him painting, she either needs to embrace it or give him the boot, plain and simple. I can see why him ditching her all the time would bother her, I know it bothers my boyfriend but he's loyal and puts up with it. Don't call all girls whiney and annoying. I don't like spitting insults, but it sounds like you don't have the ability to find a girl worthwhile. There are so many cool chicks out there that paint, and so many who don't. With those attitudes, I hope you never find a good girl, and chances are you won't. No way in hell I'd date you sexist assholes, exspecially when you use a womens "time of the month" as a cause of her anger. If getting angery means you're on your period, you boys are bleedin' outa the pussy all day long. Grow up.

why do guys choose graff over girls? i doubt anyone but the guy himself can give you a difinitive answer.

but for the hell of it, my theory, sex is all good, but as it stands, unless you're out banging 24/7 it's a temporary 'high' (for lack of a better term), but when you walk down the street, and you see somthing on a wall that YOUR hands created, no one elses, its a feeling that keeps coming back.

Alrighty, I just read through all this shit.

If the girl was bothered by him painting, she either needs to embrace it or give him the boot, plain and simple. I can see why him ditching her all the time would bother her, I know it bothers my boyfriend but he's loyal and puts up with it. Don't call all girls whiney and annoying. I don't like spitting insults, but it sounds like you don't have the ability to find a girl worthwhile. There are so many cool chicks out there that paint, and so many who don't. With those attitudes, I hope you never find a good girl, and chances are you won't. No way in hell I'd date you sexist assholes, exspecially when you use a womens "time of the month" as a cause of her anger. If getting angery means you're on your period, you boys are bleedin' outa the pussy all day long. Grow up.

ahahahah hella funny right here! ^^^^^^

If you can't understand why men don't want to deal with a "get away free pass" based on a fucking menstrual cycle then you have down syndrome! Sexist? It's called logical.........

no one deserves to put up with bullshit when you haven't done anything to deserve it except exist at the same time you're flowing like the Nile river. Fuck off..............

As much as I love getting up, I can say that I would not choose graffiti over my relationship with my lady. Graff shouldn't get in the way of real life, and so I feel better spending time with her equally to the time I spend bombing. Both should easily coexist, and since your man is a bomber at heart, he is just being himself. Although like Dondi said, I cant see a adult putting so much energy into something that isnt going to pay, or is going to risk their life and freedom. Maybe you should get into graff and start doing his fill-ins.

As much as I love getting up, I can say that I would not choose graffiti over my relationship with my lady. Graff shouldn't get in the way of real life, and so I feel better spending time with her equally to the time I spend bombing. Both should easily coexist, and since your man is a bomber at heart, he is just being himself. Although like Dondi said, I cant see a adult putting so much energy into something that isnt going to pay, or is going to risk their life and freedom. Maybe you should get into graff and start doing his fill-ins.

Good pt about getting paid............but feel free and find me on here when you're doing whatever your lady tells you to........or you plain old have to quit because she nags you to death and you don't put her in her place! I'll be here........painting!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

they can each go very well together. It's nice to shout out your girl, show you care.

You can propose to your special lady through a dope straight letter. Sketch her name for hours with hearts and stars because you're that silly in love with her.

But when that girlie breaks your heart, there's only one thing, that can take your mind off it.......

• 2 weeks later...

the thing about graffiti is that once you come up with a good style, you go out , bust it and you feel good about your work. I know that in most cases when writers have a girlfriend like you, graffiti is therapeutic in a way. It gives us a chance to get away from all the bullshit whining you throw at us. If you really " loved " your bf like you say you did, you wouldnt have given him a reason to choose writing over you.

• 4 weeks later...