mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: motorbikes!

This is what I am turning my SV into since I cant afford to buy another bike.

cafesv.jpg

Spoked rims

Woodcraft Clip ons to get a more sporty stance

I cant figureo out what exhaust this is prolly custom. I want one just like it except with two cans on the right side. Vintage MotoGP style...

A new pair of rear sets

Seat Cowl

Undertail

I aint never been had seen'd this befoe...

I love the old cafe racer/look of the old racer bodies I just love that era of racing. Alright so check it I have been looking into taking my SV throwing some Spoked rims on the beast, possibly getting one of my friends to fabricate a custom motoGP style exhaust Dual cans on the right side (pending there isnt a huge loss a ton of weight added), Woodcraft clip ons, and rear sets.

I am going after this look. Its right up my alley. (p.s. if you have any other pics of this bike please show me)

cafesv.jpg

So I am looking around at things today and I find this...

1_2.jpg

1_3.jpg

6_2.jpg

(removable cowl for passenger and led brake light)

http://www.britnett-carver.co.uk/twinshack/

Some english distributor but the plastics are made by some French Company POLY 26

http://www.poly26.com/

So I start checking around on their site and find some more things that I like...

5324.jpg

5321.jpg

3182b.jpg

5317.jpg

600SV-caferacer1.jpg

What do you guys think? I think I like it and might do this pending I can find someone in the states/somebody who speaks english to sell it to me...

I think I am gonna get the tail and the half fairing version for my bike...

My bike needs a new head gasket and the head machined... new piston rings and a valve job and I should be running good again.

I am going to be "converting" it into a "street fighter".

Do it the shit would be bad ass! Custom exhaust each port into a straight pipe all along one side flaring out in the back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

all you R1 riders...

Does a inline 4 1000 make sense as a street bike?

I mean I ride winding backroads not much of a highway straight line riding type person. I dont go to the track. At least havent yet. I just dont want to be in second gear the whole time flying through these turns.

Everyone keeps telling me there are huge differences between V's and inline 4's. I have read everything know the differences but havent riden one to get a preference...

I sold my SV650 I want a 1000. All the 1000 V-twins are either to much to service and get parts for.

TL1000's bad reviews.

SV1000's not sporty enough for me

Ducati's to expensive to service, have to service too much

Triumph's parts are to expensive

BMW $12k for R1200S!? I would be drooling...

Aprilia expensive to service aswell...

God now all my friends have bikes I am regretting selling mine...

this what i'm trying to get...prolly talk me a few years to build.

FMF20BOBBER.jpg?t=1176299264

I have one of those...

all original 1942 shovel head turns over doesnt run WW2 army spec... Me and my dad are going to do it over when my grandfather dies.(he is the type of person that would take it back after we restored it) My dad broke into the barn behind where he used to live and found it buried under boxes. Prolly gonna take about $10k to get it returned to original steeze. I cant wait...

Some help please?

all you R1 riders...

Does a inline 4 1000 make sense as a street bike?

I mean I ride winding backroads not much of a highway straight line riding type person. I dont go to the track. At least havent yet. I just dont want to be in second gear the whole time flying through these turns.

Everyone keeps telling me there are huge differences between V's and inline 4's. I have read everything know the differences but havent riden one to get a preference...

I sold my SV650 I want a 1000. All the 1000 V-twins are either to much to service and get parts for.

TL1000's bad reviews.

SV1000's not sporty enough for me

Ducati's to expensive to service, have to service too much

Triumph's parts are to expensive

BMW $12k for R1200S!? I would be drooling...

Aprilia expensive to service aswell...

God now all my friends have bikes I am regretting selling mine...