Salvia

Dirty_habiT

Originally posted by you enjoy myself@Jan 19 2006, 12:33 PM

the one time i fucked with that shit, i took a big ass bong hit of it and within seconds my boy's bong turned in to a cartoon character, came to life and started talking to me.

that shit is buged out.

Yeah, I was a little sketchy to try it out of a larger "water pipe..." (trying to keep it legal here)... I wasn't sure I wanted to ingest that much concentrated

salvinorin at once... I did have one though, I just used the pipe because I wanted to take it slow at first, obviously that didn't help too much I guess

since I still had wild hallucinations. I would maybe consider taking a larger rip out of a water pipe now because I know more of what to expect.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my favorite story from that site:

This report represents the first investigation into the human pharmacology of refined salvinorin A. It also documents the discovery that this compound is responsible for the psychoactive effects of Salvia divinorum. The results of this experiment were later reported in my 1994 Journal of Ethnopharmacology paper, Salvia divinorum and Salvinorin A: New Pharmacologic Findings. This account describes the effects of what turned out to be a very high dose. I strongly advise people to work with lower doses. One should choose a dose that allows one to work with the experience in a thoughtful and deliberate manner.

June 6, 1993

2.6 mg unidentified impure crystalline fraction of Salvia divinorum.

(Later the material was analyzed and was shown to be approximately 70-80% salvinorin A)

I had set out to prepare a relatively crude but significantly concentrated extract of Salvia divinorum. During the extraction procedure I managed to isolate some fairly pure crystalline material. This was not something that I had anticipated doing, and at the time, I thought this was probably an inactive component of the plant that could be discarded. As I was getting ready to throw it in the trash, it suddenly occurred to me that perhaps I should test a little; just on the remote chance that it might actually be active. “Not very likely,� I thought. Fortunately I decided to play it safe, and so I tested what I thought would be a fairly small dose. What follows is a record of the scattered bits and pieces of my memory of that event.

I placed 2.6 mg of the material to be tested on a small piece of aluminum foil. I held a small torch under it, and as soon as the substance vaporized, I inhaled the fumes through a piece of glass tubing. I waited awhile and decided that nothing was going to happen. The last words to pass through my head went something like, “Just as I thought. This stuff is inactive. I'll go toss it in the trash.� Then quite suddenly I found myself in a confused, fast moving state of consciousness with absolutely no idea where my body or my universe had gone. I have little memory of this initial period of the experience, but I do know that a lot was happening and that it seemed quite literally like an eternity, when in fact it must only have lasted a few minutes.

I felt that something had gone wrong and I wanted desperately to get back to the “real� world. I searched my memory trying to remember where it was that I had been just moments before. I had no memory of the fact that I was experiencing the effects of a compound that I had isolated from Salvia divinorum. I tried to remember what my body felt like, what my house looked like, and so forth. Anything, just something to reconnect me with the “normal� world. But the more I searched for a strand of “normality� to grab a hold of, the more I was shown something else. At some point I realized that what I was trying to get back to did not exist—it was just an ephemeral dream. At this point I realized that I had no actual memory of ever having existed in any other state of consciousness than the disembodied one I was now in. So I decided to stop panicking and just relax. After all, there was no place to get back to. I was totally convinced that this state of existence was all there ever was.

Then I suddenly found myself standing in the living room. The effects of the substance were wearing off. All of the confusion dissolved, and I returned to the physical world. I looked around me, and the room came into sharp focus. I was relieved to be back. But then I saw that something was very wrong! This was not my living room. It was the living room of my deceased maternal grandparents. And it was furnished as it was when I was a child, not as it was later in their life. The most extraordinary thing about this was that this was the real world, not a memory or vision. I was really there, and it was all just as solid as the room I'm sitting in now. I had the sudden realization that although I had managed to pull myself back into my body I had somehow ended up back in the wrong spot in the timeline of my physical existence. I was convinced that I might be stuck in this situation and would have to continue my life from this point in my past. As I panicked and desperately tried to remember where it was that I was supposed to be, I lost awareness of the physical world again and found myself without a body—lost. Then it happened again. I found myself regaining consciousness in the real world. And again, as soon as I saw everything clearly, I realized that this was not my home, it was a friend of mine’s. Then again I panicked and lost consciousness. This cycle repeated at least seven or eight times. Always I would find myself in a familiar room. Some of these places were from my childhood and some were from my more recent past. In this state, all the points of time in my personal history coexisted. One did not precede the next. Apparently, had I so willed it, I could return to any point in my life and really be there, because it was actually happening right now.

Then at some point I did indeed find myself back in my home. I was standing in the dining room. I wanted to reassure myself that everything was as it should be, so I turned around to see the rest of the room behind me. I kept turning around but there was no “behind� me. There was only “in front� of me. I reached around for the back pockets of my jeans but couldn't seem to find them.

A little later the physical world all started to work properly again. As the effects began to subside I managed to piece together what had happened. I remembered that I had tested a crystalline isolate, and realized that it must be responsible for what I had just been through. I realized that I had just made an important discovery. I felt ecstatic. I was literally jumping for joy. I wanted to say “EUREKA !!!�. I had stumbled upon the psychedelic essence of Salvia divinorum.

A grabbed a pen and tried to write down a few notes while the experience was still fresh. The first thing I wrote down in big letters was:

"IT IS TOTAL MADNESS."

then:

"TEARING APART THE FABRIC OF REALITY."

then:

"This is tooooooooo strong. It is tearing apart the fabric of existence. It is madness. Thank god it only lasted 10-15 minutes!"

For the next two hours I felt light headed and restless. I couldn't sit still. Whenever I sat down I felt compelled to get up. I tried to eat something and drink a little wine in order to get grounded and relaxed, but I couldn't seem to swallow anything. I had been shaken to the soul.

Originally posted by nozaki@Jan 19 2006, 01:19 PM

After all, there was no place to get back to. I was totally convinced that this state of existence was all there ever was.

That's exactly how I felt, that's why I said that it felt like that was the meaning of my life to get stuck in that state forever, it was really really

creepy, and it seems that alot of these stories people are describing have alot in relation to how I felt too.

it sucks that the high is gone in like 20 min and its so painful to smoke...

although the only time i ever almost completely lost control was when i was on salvia.. i almost stabbed a girl in the ass with scissors because i thought it would pop like a balloon.. luckily i didnt do it.. i would never have been able to explain that one away

Originally posted by sheROCK@Jan 19 2006, 03:32 PM

i like this one...

http://www.sagewisdom.org/experiencehome.html

i've always been interested in this type of shit, without the drugs...i'd try it but i'm too much of a pussy.

yeah, i believe that "I" shit...i've experienced it before, sober.

+edit

i took a gravity water pipe hit of green which sparked the episode, but i consider myself "sober" through the experience(i think it may have been a panic attack, but i've never had one before).

Guest im not witty

because of this thread i did some more reading on it, just like i did the last time we had a salvia thread. apparently NY was gunning for illegalization as recent as last year. get it while its hot kids.

Originally posted by GucciCondom@Jan 19 2006, 07:14 AM

I'm going to lace a ___ with it and watch my friends smoke it hahaha.

my boys used to do this when we were short on herbs. we would break down some salvia LEAF (not extract) into the blunts. shit got you STONED AS FUCK. niggas were floatin around like half baked

but heres my salvia experiance. i was sittin on my bed and i opened the windows. i took a hit and held it for 10, nothing happened. took another hit and held it as long as i could. all of a sudden the air in my room started sounding really loud, like really windy....... and then shit went crazy. the room just warped and warped. it was like my eyes were stuck in a certain position and everything started to get sucked into my eyes. my mind went blank, i forgot who i was, what i was doing, forgot basically everything. i got this feeling i was on the deck of a boat cruising through the fog. i also got the feeling i was on a battlefield in ancient europe, and there was smoke everywhere like the battle was done and i was just sitting in the middle of the feild. weird shit

about 30 seconds lately it stopped and i was like....shit

never done it since, shit burns ya lungs real bad

i have never smoked the shit. but have done my fair shar eof midn altering drugs.This shit sounds intense,but are we talking acid intense? because i have had some similiar "symptons" on acid trips.But anything that can hit you for only 15 mins has to be some intense shit.Its crazy that its still legal

fuck salvia. fuck smoking plants altogether.

i worked at a nursery one summer where we had tons of salvia. i took some, dried it and tried it and whoooooooo baby was i disappointed.

fuck all "legal herb" or all herb for that matter. just stick to manmade substances and you know youre in for a spracktastic night.