Really...

dkab

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by fermentor666@Sep 26 2005, 05:06 PM

What a waste of money. For another 50 dollars you could get 20 gigs of storage instead of 4 and for the same amount you could get a used 60 gig. The only reason people are buying the Nano is out of vanity.

The irony of calling out buyers of a specific ipod variety on vanity almost made my head explode just now.

i actually resurrected a caveman through some complicated mitochondrail dna shit (too much to explain to dolts) and he beats a stick and a deer antler together as he limps around behind me.

HOW FUCKING OLDSCHOOL IS THAT?

Not very. I got some fucker I dragged out of a quantum singularity using technology from the future that is from the universe that collapsed and caused the big bang, creating ours. Motherfucker is from before earth existed. He's playing an instrument that I don't know the name of that sounds like a long series of makros posts strung together into notes.

He also called everybody that bought an iPod over a cheaper player that didn't look as fancy a "sick, fashion obsessed faggot" just now.

Originally posted by casekonly@Sep 26 2005, 09:46 PM

i actually resurrected a caveman through some complicated mitochondrail dna shit (too much to explain to dolts) and he beats a stick and a deer antler together as he limps around behind me.

HOW FUCKING OLDSCHOOL IS THAT?

I hate to steal your thunder but whenever I want to listen to music I go out back and put my ears really, really close to the primordial soup pond I built last summer and listen to amoeba click off of one another in perfect succession.

You ought to hear their cover of '99 Red Balloons'. TO DIE FOR!

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus+Sep 27 2005, 03:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Biggus Dickus - Sep 27 2005, 03:29 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-fermentor666@Sep 26 2005, 05:06 PM

What a waste of money. For another 50 dollars you could get 20 gigs of storage instead of 4 and for the same amount you could get a used 60 gig. The only reason people are buying the Nano is out of vanity.

The irony of calling out buyers of a specific ipod variety on vanity almost made my head explode just now.

[/b]

You disagree? The only reason people are buying this is for a status symbol. A regular I-pod holds 3 times the music and costs about 50 dollars more and can still fit in your hand a pocket.

Originally posted by fermentor666+Sep 27 2005, 12:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fermentor666 - Sep 27 2005, 12:56 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Biggus Dickus@Sep 27 2005, 03:29 AM

You disagree? The only reason people are buying this is for a status symbol. A regular I-pod holds 3 times the music and costs about 50 dollars more and can still fit in your hand a pocket.

[/b]

No, I'm saying that it's ironic that you'd accuse one variety of iPod of this when they're all overpriced fashion trend crap compared to the other brands of portable MP3 players in existence.

(Apple Store Prices)

20GB iPod - $299.00

60GB iPod - $399.00

Archos Silver 20GB Pocket Music Player - $194.94 Shipped

Creative brand is around $10.00 more if you have to have a name brand.

Creative Silver 60GB Nomad - $262.99 Shipped, 209.00 after MIR.

That's 100 to almost 200 you can save by not having to have the latest metrosexual bullshit from Apple.

Apple has been preying on the public's perceived exclusiveness of their products for years, it's how they've been selling a technically inferior computer since 2000 or so. "Sure, the computer's not as fast, and it cost $2000.00 more, but it sure is FRIENDLY and I sure am THINKING DIFFERENT."

i have a creativ nomad and it works pretty well. the first one i got was defective when i recieved it, which sorta sucked, but the replacement i got is pretty sick. 40 gigs of space for like around $250? its a little bulkier, but it has dope options, like changing the speed of a song without changing the pitch. well worth it.

Originally posted by casekonly@Sep 26 2005, 12:06 PM

jackers? you mean people will masturbate at you if you have an ipod? glad i never got one.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

One of em ruined my brand new jacket this one time. i kicked him in the groin as hard as i could and needless to say. he wont be ruining any more jackets.

Originally posted by gren1 bnc+Sep 27 2005, 06:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gren1 bnc - Sep 27 2005, 06:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-casekonly@Sep 26 2005, 06:21 PM

i think all of you ipod people need to stare at this for awhile

1.jpg

right...i dont understand this. explain please?

[/b]

it means that britney spears probably owns an ipod.

no one wants to be like britney.

do they?

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus+Sep 27 2005, 12:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Biggus Dickus - Sep 27 2005, 12:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by fermentor666@Sep 27 2005, 12:56 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Biggus Dickus@Sep 27 2005, 03:29 AM

No, I'm saying that it's ironic that you'd accuse one variety of iPod of this when they're all overpriced fashion trend crap compared to the other brands of portable MP3 players in existence.

(Apple Store Prices)

20GB iPod - $299.00

60GB iPod - $399.00

Archos Silver 20GB Pocket Music Player - $194.94 Shipped

Creative brand is around $10.00 more if you have to have a name brand.

Creative Silver 60GB Nomad - $262.99 Shipped, 209.00 after MIR.

That's 100 to almost 200 you can save by not having to have the latest metrosexual bullshit from Apple.

Apple has been preying on the public's perceived exclusiveness of their products for years, it's how they've been selling a technically inferior computer since 2000 or so. "Sure, the computer's not as fast, and it cost $2000.00 more, but it sure is FRIENDLY and I sure am THINKING DIFFERENT."

[/b]

Well, I grabbed my I-Pod for half price while I was working there and it's more then a vanity product to me, I have over 20 gigs of MP3's and I listen to music a lot, it's handy to have around and a lot easier then burning 200 CDs to take into my car. Would I pay full price for one? Probably not. I can't comment on the Creative Labs players since I've never seen or tried one. But Apple has captured the market in both sales and product information far better then Creative Labs did.

For some people the I-Pod is bought as a status symbol, but there are plenty of people who bought it just to listen to music. The Nano, on the other hand, is purely for the spoiled.

And as for Apple Computers, there are plenty of ways in which they are superior to PCs and I'm glad that they're finally taking back a share of the market. Now that they're using Unix as the core of their OS, they are even more stable and faster then before. I'd love to have an Apple computer to do things that I can't do as well on my PC, but they are, indeed, really fucking expensive.

Originally posted by fermentor666@Sep 27 2005, 04:51 PM

And as for Apple Computers, there are plenty of ways in which they are superior to PCs and I'm glad that they're finally taking back a share of the market. Now that they're using Unix as the core of their OS, they are even more stable and faster then before. I'd love to have an Apple computer to do things that I can't do as well on my PC, but they are, indeed, really fucking expensive.

Apple has no advantages outside of software, and those are few and far between.

What can't you do well on your PC that you think an Apple will do better? Tell me and I'll identify a PC you can build that will do it better, faster, and cheaper.

Software is a huge advantage if you are specializing in video and audio. The integrated sound architecture in a Macintosh makes it far superior to PCs in a live performance environment. There's a reason why anyone who does a laptop set uses a Mac, and it's not because they're getting paid to. They're more stable and respond faster to on the fly edits.

Originally posted by fermentor666@Sep 27 2005, 05:51 PM

I have over 20 gigs of MP3's and I listen to music a lot, it's handy to have around and a lot easier then burning 200 CDs to take into my car.

Bingo.

"But wait, 26, why not buy a Creative MP3 player?"

Simple: Marketing and availability.

Life as a 'corporate sheep' is pretty tolerable when you've got 7.4 days worth of sound at your fingertip.