Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
^meh. gosling is great though. loved Blue Valentine but i wouldn't recommend it.

i saw this the other night and i enjoyed it thoroughly as a cerebral scare flick

contagion-535x424.jpg

as a scientist who thinks we're way overdue for a repeat of the Spanish Flu, i thought it timely and well-researched

and gat-damn did soderberg get together an amazing cast

I came in here to post this movie

Saw it Monday and enjoyed it very much

The-Perfect-Host-Movie.jpg

perfect host

not what i expected, keeps you guessing.

saw previews for this, looked awesome.

119arms.jpg

the man from nowhere,

action flick..like the korean version of taken basically. pawn shop owner befriends a young girl, who is then kidnapped when her mother killed after she steals a bunch of herion from some crime lord, girls forced to work in a drug lab and then made to be harvested for her organs, pawnshop guy goes to find her and kicks lots of ass in the process.

isawthedevil_lg.jpg

i saw the devil

as you can see i have a thing for asian cinema..idk why, but i love foreign flicks. serial killers kills some cops girlfriend/wife to be.. cop decide to take it into his own hands and catches the guy, plants a tracking device inside him and then follows him around and periodically beats him within an inch of his life, only to let him go. torturing him over and over again. like a cat and mouse game kinda thing. its pretty entertaining and well shot.

Kill-the-Irishman-20111.jpg

kill the irish man

at first i was like "this movie seems corny" because it it starts out with the a car exploding and the effects look pretty CGI ish but as the story progressed and he started knocking people off i was like "this shit is crazy" all in all i liked the movie, and its worth watching. based on a true story too. they even periodically use real news footage from when all this was happening. i think it took place in cleveland or boston or something.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Horrible Bosses was excellent and I can't wait to see Drive. Ryan Gosling gives me such a girl boner. I'd ruin him.

Oh yeah, before I got distracted thinking about Gosling I meant to say...

Went to see this on Saturday..

MV5BMTQ2MzQ0NTk4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDc2NDYzNQ@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

It was surprisingly good in parts and kinda lame in others but the leads are nice to look at so it's okay.

130.gif

Just saw Drive yesterday, thought it was awesome. The music in the movie had that 80's vibe, which was cool, but the opening scene (the heist and getaway) and this Kavinsky song made it even better than I thought it was going to be.

Kavinsky - Nightcall (Drive Original Movie Soundtrack)

• Like 1

block.jpg

This was good.

British action comedy about aliens attacking a housing block in London. A lil' low budget, but real fun to watch. Interestingly: Apparently most the kids in it weren't previously actors, but just kids from the area it's set in (BRIXTON!! BRRRRRRRRRAP!!! BLAPBLAPBLAP! lol) .

I also watched "Bridesmaids" the other day. It wasn't amazing, but there were some very funny scenes in it. I recommend it for casual drunk/high viewing.

Plan to watch "The General" soon. Apparently it's good, if I remmember I'll update with my opinion.

gonna see drive, and some other new ones at the box office this week.

been slacking hard on the theatre lately.

I can't wait to see Drive. Ryan Gosling gives me such a girl boner. I'd ruin him.

Drive is online now.

Perfect copy.

I'd pay to see it though, if I had to.

It'd be worth it just to see it all huge and the music all loud in a theater.

I'm going to watch it again tonight.

Fuck, it was good.

The director made Bronson & Valhalla Rising.

The latter of which was one of the most mindfuckingly violent and strange movies I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Crazy+Stupid+Love.jpg

Crazy Stupid Love. Crazy Stupid title for a movie, but it was really good. Don't know if it's been posted here before, but I watched it the other day and lol'd the whole way through. Pretty clever, especially the end, which I didn't really see coming (and I usually see them coming).

The%2BChange-Up.jpg

The Change Up. Way better/less stupid than I thought it would be. Went into it expecting nothing, got quite a few lulz.

THIS LOOKS AWESOME!

the-robber-movie-poster.jpg

“The Robber,” based on a novel that was in turn based on the exploits of an actual Austrian bank robber and long-distance runner.

(based on the 1980s stick-up man Johann Kastenberger) as he’s being released from prison and immediately returning to his criminal ways, which involve stealing a car, donning his Reagan mask and knocking over a small branch bank. He repeats this in a continual, almost monotonous loop: steal car, rob bank, escape."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuB4DlXcLi6-6WMEgOEOiRJXaJjEE1BbfiMZXxzbp6CZas0JmmFndM6_YLhQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGUuLHEYMMH6QOLydZF9jeVDq9zBRzsOWoNMPoYW1WfDufv9PFtxC0dfzsog

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7UF4hB_9Jk&feature=related