Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

OHomemdoAno.jpg

The Man of the Year

Brazilian movie. a guy dyes his hair, gets made fun of and his life changes for the better/worse

legend_of_the_fist.jpg

The Return of Chen Zhen

Donnie yen is my favorite modern kung fu star. This is heavy on story, the action is awesome, could have been more of it but the I wasn't bored. Just don't go into this thinking non stop fighting.

600full-mao%27s-last-dancer-poster.jpg

Mao's Last Dancer

yes a movie about ballet. chinese guy gets picked out of a classroom of kid's to do ballet

practices until he is awesome and then goes to the capitalist country of devil's and can't get enough of the white girls. chinese govt tries to get him back to china illegally i liked it

the-man-from-nowhere-poster-lg.jpg

The Man from Nowhere

good korean flick, guy's only friend is a little girl that gets kidnapped to have her organs harvested

dude goes and gets revenge. went a little long towards the end (as do most korean flicks) but they

have been alot better than any other country's recent offerings

i'll post more later

Shit. Im in a mood for a good horror...

An actual horror tho. :lol:

my personal favorite

the-thing-poster.jpg

scared the hell outta me. they're coming out with a remake, apparently, done entirely with

CGI effects. this original had no CGI at all, and its a horror classic.

p.s. obviously, that poster is an artists rendition. these others were on the same site:

Mondo_ESBBlog.jpg

HOLYMOUNTAINFINAL.png

alien_515wide.png

^^also a favorite of mine. Im sure you've seen these, but you havent, you really ought to.

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!

This contest will run all week until Friday - July 29nd, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

Click on any advertiser(non-12oz. paint shop ad) check out what the advertiser has to offer and while you are there

Take a screen grab on any page within the advertisers site and get 2 free weeks.

Each screen grab has to be from a different advertiser per day, you can only submit 2 screen grab ads per day, giving you 1 free month a day you participate. Thats 5 months if you send in 2 submissions a day until Friday.

Send me your screen grabs via Private message, we will update your account nightly. Please make sure you submit correctly, we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong.

DON'T send us your old screen shots from previous contests. We have them saved and will reference back to avoid schemers. We also know what ads are running, some have ended and some new ones have been dropped into rotation....

Enjoy…

This contest will run all week until Friday - July29, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!!

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP STATUS

^^one of the better spike lee films, IMO,

if nothing else because he puts his racial

bias/paranoia on the shelf for at least a

little and exhibits his skills as a masterful

filmmaker.

Yeah.

Shit was typical corrupt/undercover cop movie.

Alright to watch once, but don't expect too much.

i did see this, im using it at a prime example of how many [mainstream] films

have been fucking up in the homestretch.

i thought this movie was hot off the gate. the characters might

have been pretty typical, but they were at least pretty vivid and the

production was gritty and felt real. I thought there were, potentially,

some pretty dynamic story arcs taking trajectory.. and then you got

to the 3rd act and it all just took the most linear way out. this guy

shot this guy after he shot this other guy and then another guy gets shot. what the fuck ever.

5116C62RZ3L.jpg

Fuckin' good movie... thought i had seen it, guess not. "quirky" is what most would call it... in the same vein as Sunshine Cleaning and Ghost World... lot's of interesting dialogue.

))<>((

51xabDqpTvL.jpg

Also a very good flick. interesting concept and and Shannyn Sossamon is in it, so you've got a nice dose of eye candy if you're too stupid to enjoy the movie

(G10858_b.jpg)

(for those not knowin')

518JHKEF17L.jpg

this shit was fucking weird. not in a funny, strange sense, but in the sense that i could not figure out if it was meant to be taken seriously. basically used a generic crime-ring/organized crime plot and applied it to an affluent high school for a setting... i would NOT go out of my way to watch this...

i did see this, im using it at a prime example of how many [mainstream] films

have been fucking up in the homestretch.

i thought this movie was hot off the gate. the characters might

have been pretty typical, but they were at least pretty vivid and the

production was gritty and felt real. I thought there were, potentially,

some pretty dynamic story arcs taking trajectory.. and then you got

to the 3rd act and it all just took the most linear way out. this guy

shot this guy after he shot this other guy and then another guy gets shot. what the fuck ever.

I see what you are saying, but there were about 10 movies made in the past few years that were similar to this in some manner. I'm just tapped out with cop dramas. And yes, it was a terrible ending, although I do love to see angry characters exact revenge.

518JHKEF17L.jpg

this shit was fucking weird. not in a funny, strange sense, but in the sense that i could not figure out if it was meant to be taken seriously. basically used a generic crime-ring/organized crime plot and applied it to an affluent high school for a setting... i would NOT go out of my way to watch this...

LOLWUT?

You're buggin'.

It was a film noir homage.

watched "a Prophet" the other day. thought it was awesome, but it was sorta slow which was the only downfall,but the shank scene in jail, and the murders were definitely worth the wait.

Life is slow.