Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

chaser.jpg

the chaser

Joong-ho is a dirty detective turned pimp in financial trouble as several of his girls have recently disappeared without clearing their debts. While trying to track them down, he finds a clue that the vanished girls were all called up by a same client whom one of his girls is meeting with right now.

Vengeance%20Movie%20Poster%201.jpg

vengeance

A French chef swears revenge after a violent attack on his daughter's family in Hong Kong, during which her husband and her two children are murdered. To help him find the killers, he hires three local hit-men working for the mafia.

terribly-happy-poster.jpg

terribly happy

A thriller about a Copenhagen cop who moves to a small town after having a nervous breakdown.

similar vein to the killer inside me

winters-bone-movie-best-movies-ever-review.jpg

winter's bone

An unflinching Ozark Mountain girl hacks through dangerous social terrain as she hunts down her drug-dealing father while trying to keep her family intact.

kmcm.jpg

kinamand

Keld, an overweight, uninspired Danish plumber, is alone. When his bored, frustrated wife leaves him, he begins to eat dinner at the family-run Chinese take-out across the street. Working methodically through the numbered menu, he finds an unexpected friend in Feng, a genial man with his own concerns. Keld helps fix the plumbing in the diner, and then Feng asks for assistance with another problem: his Chinese sister requires a marriage of convenience to stay in Denmark. Enter Ling (Vivan Wu), a young woman who is not at all comfortable with this "strictly pro-forma" arrangement. Over time, Ling's gentle influence brings Keld into a world of tradition, full of surprising rewards and life-changing affection. This romantic tale has the fairy tale feel of what just might happen when people fall in love.

whatever_works_ver2.jpg

whatever works

Attempting to impress his ideologies on religion, relationships, and the randomness (and worthlessness) of existence, lifelong New York resident Boris Yellnikoff rants to anyone who will listen, including the audience. But when he begrudgingly allows naive Mississippi runaway Melodie St. Ann Celestine to live in his apartment, his reclusive rages give way to an unlikely friendship and Boris begins to mold the impressionable young girl's worldly views to match his own. When it comes to love, "whatever works" is his motto, but his already perplexed life complicates itself further when Melodie's parents eventually track her down.

Mother.jpg

mother

A mother desperately searches for the killer that framed her son for their horrific murder.

image.axd?picture=2010%2F1%2Ftetro.gif

tetro

Bennie travels to Buenos Aires to find his long-missing older brother, a once-promising writer who is now a remnant of his former self. Bennie's discovery of his brother's near-finished play might hold the answer to understanding their shared past and renewing their bond.

coco.jpg

coco before chanel

The story of Coco Chanel's rise from obscure beginnings to the heights of the fashion world.

3553893874_607138330b.jpg?v=0

drunken angel

A drunken doctor with a hot temper and a violence-prone gangster with tuberculosis form a quicksilver bond.

• Like 1

vicky_cristina_barcelona_ver2.jpg

(haven't looked back to see if posted oner)

So this movie is making its rounds on movie channels.

Woody Allen flick, but you'd never know it.

Scar Jo can't act for shit, but she has big tatas and she only has to play a ditz (A stretch, I know, right!?)

I have spent a shit ton abroad in the past and this movie dragged me back into that era of my life. Seriously. Barcelona and Europe was back on the brain for weeks after seeing this.

It hurts because I can afford to go and do whatever I want, but due to my kid and kid to be... and dogs, I am grounded for the next few years.

Well enough of my sobb story, and

.... This is worth checking out.

a bronx tale

millers crossing

event horizon

the original kings of comedy

escape from NY/escape from LA

mo money

dead presidents

mary reilley (john malkovitch)

the people under the stairs

puppetmaster