The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

a lot of the momentum is either running or spots that are downhill. i've always just worn skate shoes and haven't had much problem, but i actually think some company is making snowskate specific shoes now. and the griptape on mine, which is older, is this foam kind of stuff. a lot like what's on a wakeskate.

skateboarding is always best in the street. and rarely in parks. yes some parks are epic and are some the best things in skating. but nothing beats finding a nice skate-able pool, a smooth ledge, a ditch with a great hip in it. you cant replicate those things in a skatepark it just doesn't have that soul that it has in the streets.

/incrediblystonedramblingoner

nothing beats finding a nice skate-able pool, a smooth ledge, a ditch with a great hip in it. you cant replicate those things in a skatepark it just doesn't have that soul that it has in the streets.

/incrediblystonedramblingoner

I agree .

This old man loves to push around the city . I just don't think spending an hour trying to do a handrail or a stair set is worth it...pretty silly to me . Day to day riding , Cleveland was just voted #1 Worst Weather for a city to live in . If I can hit up a rad park in Southern Ohio , so be it . The weather makes for some amazing warehouse/mini ramp/bowl setups you'd only find in the Midwest because of the shitty weather .

For the snowskate thing I don't see why they just don't totally shovel out the area and the just skate it. It seems warm enough at least in that video. The only reason why I don't like to skate in the winter is the cold. You can move snow.

Speaking of that I was skating a pool that was like half filled with snow today because there was nowhere else to put it and the walls are too high for it to easily get pushed out. It was still a lot of fun.

pfft, ya its never gonna get built unless we capture some hostages and state our demands, thats the word, haha.

seriously though, i have no idea, and i really wish they would build that fuckin place, and put the tens of thousands of dollars of donated money to where its supposed to be..

edit: i just went to the website and it froze my computer for a solid 10 minutes, so i guess thats the word.

double edit: the last update was 08.... and this is all the money they had back then... i wonder how much of this they didnt spend on bullshit.

Foundation Support

$1,142,000.00 TOTAL

Peter and Carolyn Lynch Foundation- Challenge Grant $500,000.00

Anonymous $110,000.00

Peter and Carolyn Lynch Foundation $100,000.00

Anonymous $75,000.00

Highland Street Foundation $75,000.00

Anonymous $50,000.00

Herman and Frieda L. Miller Foundation $50,000.00

Hunt Alternatives Fund $26,000.00

Boston Bruins Foundation $25,000.00

Harold Whitworth Pierce Charitable Foundation $25,000.00

Kessler Foundation $25,000.00

Rowland Foundation $20,000.00

Paul and Phyllis Fireman Charitable Foundation $10,000.00

Garthwaite Family Foundation $10,000.00

Tomfohrde Foundation $10,000.00

Boston Foundation (for youth involvement) $6,000.00

Curious George Fund $5,000.00

Tony Hawk Foundation $5,000.00

Turner Family Foundation $5,000.00

Cambridge Savings Charitable Foundation $3,500.00

Boston Foundation for Architecture $3,500.00

New York Times Foundation $2,250.00

Anonymous $750.00

Corporate Support

$36,732.00 TOTAL

CambridgeSide Galleria $15,000.00

DVS Shoes $5,600.00

Boston Sand and Gravel $5,000.00

The Law Office of Clark, Hunt & Embry $5,000.00

Anchor Capital Advisors, Inc. $2,500.00

Cambridge Trust Company $1,000.00

East Cambridge Savings Company $1,000.00

Post Office Square Redevelopment Corporation $1,000.00

Monkdeth Skateboards $132.00

Inline Club of Boston $100.00

Newton Yacht Club $100.00

Veevers Associates $100.00

Carlone and Associates $100.00

Longitude Dial LLC $100.00

Public Support

$450,000.00 TOTAL

City of Cambridge $200,000.00

State of Massachusetts $150,000.00

Boston Redevelopment Authority $100,000.00

Individual Donors:

$560,492.00 TOTAL

FUNDRAISING TOTALS TO DATE:

$2,189,224.00 TOTAL

This poor man died giving a passionate speech in favor of a new skatepark in a town where I live nearby . Bay Village not only needs to build this park but name it after Randy Stang .

There is an audio link to his speech .

http://www.cleveland.com/brett/blog/index.ssf/2010/02/bay_village_mans_last_words_we.html

The PSG ( Public Square Group ) http://www.publicsquaregroup.com/thank-you-randy-stang

For his final statement he pointed to the overhead photo of the park and highlighted his house on the map….

“You can put that skatepark right in my back yard.”