The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
you would have cool guy attitude to if you ripped like those dudes. plus mccrank is a straight edge canadian, so you know hes already a bit of a weirdo. but full cab rock and rolls? you cant argue that.

I was in a bad mood , and I'll say I just don't like him as a person , the skating is rad . ;)

been going to a lot indoor parks around MA and NH about once a week for the past month or 2 due to snow and wantign to skate really bad. been loving this bowl... just carving around, do a little feeble grind, carve around, 50-50 around the kidney part, carve around fronstide, 5-0, repeat, and repeat until i die haha.

subliminal-skatepark7.jpg

and this mini is awesome, the 6 ft extention on the right with the pool coping is cool. my buddy tried to taildrop off that blue wall in the back into the mini and popped way to far and basically cannon balled to flat, kinda funny.

subliminal-skatepark2.jpg

edit: wanna start trying to carve switch good while moving fast and maybe do a half cab feeble around the kidney part of that bowl.

Dude. Subliminal is awesome I've been there 3 or 4 times in the last month. It's the best closest mini to me. Whenever I go there I pretty much stay in the mini the whole time and then spend some time in the bowl. That bowl is so fun. The people there are good people.

that really mellow like 8 ft quater is so weird to skate, first you gotta push/pump through the whole damn park to get speed to skate it, then as your riding up it, its so mellow by the time you hit coping your doing like .0000001 mph, so its just enough speed to jam your board into a stall.

but ya i've also been there like 3 times this month, we usually hit it up late on a weekday in hopes no one will be there due to responsibilites they may or may not have. the other night some dude on a bike tried to wall tap the wall ebhind the mellow quarter and completely cased the coping coming back in and almost scorpioned the flat, luckily for him about a second before he hit ground and squirmed and managed not to die.

i almost took a pretty good dive in that bowl too, i carved around it to get speed then 50-50d about 2/3 of where it cuts out and leaned waay to far forward and almost did a swan dive onto my skull.

also, thats a big tail drop earl.

you would have cool guy attitude to if you ripped like those dudes. plus mccrank is a straight edge canadian, so you know hes already a bit of a weirdo. but full cab rock and rolls? you cant argue that.

I picked that trick a part and that definitely would be a full cab back D revert.

Everyone that skates should at least attempt to learn a Frontside Air & Backside Air . I am all about the Backside Air , probably because of watching countless hours of VHS tapes of Jeff Phillips , Jason Jessee & Lance Mountain doing them perfectly . I watched Speed Freaks ( 1989 ) on VHS yesterday , so rad .

Nope . A lot of us skaters in Northeast Ohio never really left 1985-1990...we always skated transition , because it's what we grew up with . During the mid to late 1990's it wasn't cool to be riding a 9" deck with any wheels bigger than 40mm...fuck that gay shit . I remember having to order 55mm wheels from California , because I refused to skate tic-tac sized wheels . Everything progresses or should at one point . I'm all for learning new things , just not like a robot like most kids these days . If I ever go downtown Cleveland and skate it usually looks something like this and will Boneless and no-comply the shit out of everything . :cool:

Click ----> Future Primitive

Exactly . But when Plan B Questionable , World Industries Rubbish Heap & Girl Goldfish came out I couldn't believe how technical it was . It was fun , just not for me . I couldn't learn as fast as a lot of others did . Oh well , I've stuck to what I've known for over 20 years . My hats off to a lot of the locals in my city from the age of 12-17 , these kids are doing big shit . :cool: