The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I remember at like age 14, when your body can recover from anything, and you're learning new tricks constantly and skating every day, saying to my friends "think, if we keep progressing like this, imagine how good we'll be at 25!" Now I'm 25, and I realize I didn't take account back then: repeated injuries, girls, college, jobs, gradual loss of interest, and all sorts of other grown-up drama. But those sure were the days, weren't they?

Haha.

I haven't skated since I was in 8th grade now I'm 18 and a senior. I just watched a old Rodney Mullen video (he was my favorite skater when I was a kid) and I was like I'm going to skate again.

So now I go outside my house to this slab next door and look like a loser because all the little kids in my neighborhood can ride and I'm so bad again.

I remember at like age 14, when your body can recover from anything, and you're learning new tricks constantly and skating every day, saying to my friends "think, if we keep progressing like this, imagine how good we'll be at 25!" Now I'm 25, and I realize I didn't take account back then: repeated injuries, girls, college, jobs, gradual loss of interest, and all sorts of other grown-up drama. But those sure were the days, weren't they?

chuch

I'm 33 and life happens...:lol: I never had a loss of interest , but a 6 year-old put a small wrinkle in my time , but eventually you learn to make time . I remember years ago working 12 hour EMT shifts , right into an 8 hour airport shift...have 2 days off I were lucky , and still take an hour or two and go skate . It was tough back then but worth it .

back in the day i was imvincable, hit the floor and bounce up like "i aint goin home until ive nailed it"

now, i hit the floor and i limp like a fuckin cripple for like 5 days.

damn beer, partying, work and womens... shits stealing my youth haha.

im determined to get kickflip nose manny steez back for summer, relearning tricks is a bitch. to be honest though these days just cruising in the sun through town at speed flexing ollies up curbs and powersliding feels just as good as any of the more tech shit i used to spend hours learning when i was like 14 or whatever. so long as youre enjoying yourself its all good.

Yeah, the whole thing is supposed to be fun .. if its not ... just stop now.

I am pushing 35 and skating the best I have in my life, still learning tricks. However it is different I dont huck myself down big sets or gaps, not into rails either.

I started learning transition in my 30's before that it was all about street, and I realized one day that if I want to skate when I am 50 I will need to be in transition and better late than never.

With all the rain here and the rest of a busy life I havent skated in almost 2 weeks ... going a bit crazy.

Yeah, the whole thing is supposed to be fun .. if its not ... just stop now.

I am pushing 35 and skating the best I have in my life, still learning tricks. However it is different I dont huck myself down big sets or gaps, not into rails either.

I started learning transition in my 30's before that it was all about street, and I realized one day that if I want to skate when I am 50 I will need to be in transition and better late than never.

With all the rain here and the rest of a busy life I havent skated in almost 2 weeks ... going a bit crazy.

you and i...cut from a similar cloth.

ive skated street always. i will be 30 in april...... gaps and stairs have been put behind me for the most part....and mini ramp seems like a new chapter to be opened. ive spent more time in the park in the last 2 years than i have in my life. (but that also has to do with the fact that there wernt any free public parks here in michigan up until the last 6 years. )

ya it was real fun, the coping sticks out a little to far at parts but the ramp is awesome, so many possibilites. ron the closest side to where the picture was taken i was trying to air out of the mini and no comply stall the flat and land in the street section behind it, came close the first time, after that i was just pissing in the wind.

• Like 1

ya it was the first thing i thought of when i showed up, still a fun park though, and is cheaper on weekdays then any other indoor park and is just as far away as the others.

if i was to make 1 complaint it would be that bank to ledge on the top in betweeen those stairs. it is soo fuckin hard to get speed and keep speed going up that ramp and be able to grind that ledge for more than a inch. theres a 8 ft quarter like right where the camera is too, but more to the right, but you have to cut at a retarded angle to ttry and grind it.

ya its pretty nice, i suggest during the week if you can, less people and its only $10, on weekends iits $15. i'm seriously having dreams about that mini, i just wanna skate it.

i need new wheels and bearings, not only is my casing popped off but now theres chunks taken out of it, so my wheel literally spins like half a turn and stops. trying to go with something new, i usually ride black panthers, used to ride luckys. my buddy swears his lucky 7s are awesome, i've kinda been thinking i wanna lean towards swiss but dont know if i wanna spend the money while unemployed on a ill pair of swiss'.

also thinking of picking up some spitfire wheels, cant remember if i've ever bought spitfire, right now i have fast life, they're pretty good.