GASFACE UPDATE:

Pfffffffffft

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Pfffffffffft+Jun 15 2005, 01:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pfffffffffft - Jun 15 2005, 01:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Pfffffffffft@Apr 14 2005, 12:42 PM

for reg. unleaded right now im paying an average of:

$2.20...

in mid north carolina.

this is actually down for the past few weeks.

what about you...

that was then...this is now.....

$1.98 unleaded...

[/b]

$3.49..dammmmmmmnnnnnnn ittttt!!!!!!

^i was thinking about doin the same thing.

but yeah, i'm west coast, northern california, 2.99 unleaded, they say it should be 4 soon...

but then they also say (on the news last night)...

that we shouldn't be feeling a gas shortage over here and they are looking into what's going on, because it's against the law to inflate prices more then ten percent when we have declared a national emergency.

fucking bastards, ripping us off.

I watched it go up and did nothing about it until today. It went from $2.69 to $2.89. Then it jumped to $3 and i said oh shit i better go get gas tomorrow. When i pulled up to the pump it said $3.199. It cost me $50 to fill up and i already had a 1/4 of a tank. Im gettin the syphon hose out and ready if it goes any higher.

Gas officially costs me more now a week than my truck payment. Thats fuckin great.

edit.

Oh yeah VA 7 cities.

• 2 weeks later...

alright local news interogated gas station owners about the cost at the pump. They all say they raise their prices in response to cost increases from their suppliers.

Heres my issue.... If you check out gasbuddy.com you can find BP stations charging $2.44/ gallon and BP stations 10 miles down the road charging 2.76. So what the fuck? I would bet that the same distributers are delivering BP gas to both stations. I also assume that they are getting the same price. How much are these stations profiting per gallon on average? A quarter, a dime?

• 1 year later...

i usually spend about $40 to fill up my tank...i remember when i went to venezuela...in caracas, it costs about $2 to fill up your tank.....and thats including tipping the gas attendant (they dont have self serve there....everything is full service...)

now....if we only had better relations with chavez...maybe wed have cheaper gas.

doesnt venezuela have their own gas?

yeah....and they supply us with some of it....but we still get most oil from the middle east...

but seriously...shit was ridicoulously cheap out there.....the whole time there i was thinking if there was a way to ship gasoline back home.....

couldnt think of anything safe or legal.:):)