Personal Safety

Ape Shit

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by 26SidedCube+Mar 24 2005, 11:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (26SidedCube - Mar 24 2005, 11:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MaKeItHaPpEn@Mar 24 2005, 05:22 PM

if you need a weapon other than your fist in a one on one fight your not a real man in my eyes..

Yeah, except the topic is personal safety. Fuck letting a fool blindside you and then trying to be fair about it.

[/b]

I know that,ive been sucker punched,raided by stick up kids..but if someone wants to take my life they can feel free to,it only makes the person that blindsides you less of a person..i own a gun because i plan on living a longer life..but if i dont soo what,i still had fun,but if i have kids im going to have to protect them,ive done my dirt and ive done alot of good,everyone dies eventually,live every day like its your last.

here's a semi-quote that changed my mind on 'dirty fights'

A fair fight is a fight you didn't know was going to happen

otherwise, get the odds in your favor.

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Mar 24 2005, 05:36 PM

Armbar???

It's a technique to lock their arm backwards where your leverage (depending on the type of armbar) can break their arm... at the wrist, elbow, or shoulder...

You learn alot of armbars in brazilian ju jitsu.

If you are small I recommend it... and hapkido.

Originally posted by symbols+Mar 23 2005, 01:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (symbols - Mar 23 2005, 01:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-<KEY3>@Mar 23 2005, 12:51 PM

and the best weapon to have on your bike.....

evo-2000-lock.jpg

hahahaaaa!!

unless you live in my world, where kids attack you while your riding and the shit falls out of your back pocket, then said kids pick it up and bash your head in, requiring a trip to the emergency room to straighten out your face.

[/b]

you hold that shit when you ride and when some one trys to get at you hit them in the head with it. Oh yea it also works as a bike lock

for anyone who was asking about the BEAR MACE...alaskan magnum...its basically got a fire extinguisher effect...you unlock the safety,aim, shoot and it releases a stream of GAS ...producing a cloud that is effective up to about 20 feet in front of you...i had a friend catch a wiff of it in some crazy brawl and he said he vomitted for about 20 minutes...when i asked the guy where i got it from how strong it was he said "strong enough to take out a whole gay pride parade"..so..naturally i took his advice.

the bear mace is overrated. sure it is a massive blast. if you miss, your done. the blast only lasts about 10 seconds and the can is gone. by the way, bear mace is way weaker than regular pepper spray. it will get the job done, but if you run into some crazy mf'ers it wont do shit. just piss them off. a bears strongest sense is his nose so it is not as effective as real defense spray. if you want the strong shit you gotta find it. they have it in canisters that dwarve those bear mace dispensers. the shit i got is the strongest pepper concentrate allowed and has military tear gas. one blast and your down. end of story.

one time this group of ganstas were throwing rocks at my car. i yelled at them calling them "fucking fags." the one tough guy came up started talking shit, telling me to get out of the car blah blah. i opened the door and blasted him, he dropped instantaneously. light turned green, i left him laying in the middle of traffic

as for knives, i carry one. not necessarily for personal defense. i usually carry a switch blade, but im more worried about getting stopped by a cop and searched and getting caught with it, than anything else. im most people who carry knives for self defense dont know how to use them. myself included. i know a few simple moves but hardly anything worth talking about.

however i guess it should be said there is a good chance your assailant wont know how to use a knife or disarm you either...

just my 2 cents

Originally posted by angelofdeath@Mar 27 2005, 02:15 PM

the bear mace is overrated. sure it is a massive blast. if you miss, your done. the blast only lasts about 10 seconds and the can is gone. by the way, bear mace is way weaker than regular pepper spray. it will get the job done, but if you run into some crazy mf'ers it wont do shit. just piss them off. a bears strongest sense is his nose so it is not as effective as real defense spray. if you want the strong shit you gotta find it. they have it in canisters that dwarve those bear mace dispensers. the shit i got is the strongest pepper concentrate allowed and has military tear gas. one blast and your down. end of story.

one time this group of ganstas were throwing rocks at my car. i yelled at them calling them "fucking fags." the one tough guy came up started talking shit, telling me to get out of the car blah blah. i opened the door and blasted him, he dropped instantaneously. light turned green, i left him laying in the middle of traffic

you're dead wrong my friend...the scoville units of the OLD alaskan magnum..i know they changed some laws..some crap about animals..but the scoville units of the mace i have is much higher than police or government issue mace...while in new york i was stopped and searched on a platform..when they found the mace they freaked out..they kept saying "this shit is unbelievable..its stronger than ours"

also you don't have to empty the can to affect someone..

yeah, im going to have to disagree with you on that as well, a homie of mine was fighting two black guys in the schhol parking lot, by the time the police arrived he had destroyed one guy and was sitting on the others chest pounding his face in, they used a can of mace and he kept going, they got bear mace out of the trunk and emptied the whole bottle before he jumped up and started randomly swinging at anything that went near him. in a later discussion he told me it felt like his eyes were burning inside his face. he said he'd been maced before, but nothing ever got him like the bear mace did.

weapon of choice would have to be a pocket knife of some sort, so it could fit in my purse, pocket, etc...I'm a flipping idiot when it comes to shit like this..if anyone knows what knife is a good one, and a reasonble price to pay please post some pics, cause a sista would get ripped off, I'm such a toy on this subject; or does it even matter what kind of knife you get?

fuck a knife, anything sharp enough will do, grab an ice pick, a razor, one of those double sided scribers, thos are dope too. i knew a guy that carried a k-bar around wherever he went, tallest lankiest dude i knew, he always joked about slaying bears with it wearing nothing but his boots. i havent seen him since he used said knife when he got jumped. he stabbed up some fools youngbuck style. went to the big steel house

For knives I would say something that opens quickly since speed is always an advantage in confrontations.

Though switchblades are illegal now there are plenty of non mechanical knives now that are just as fast as switchblades... press the knob flick your wrist and viola...

I actually like them better than switchblades cause they are safer...

yeah, the screw on my knife so rediculously loose i dont even need to put any pressure on the knob thats on the blade, i just flick my wrist and its slashin time. its good for my drunken stumbles home at 2 in the am. i find the quicker you have your blade extended and ready the less they want to roll in the dirt with you