Personal Safety

Ape Shit

Here's the main rules of personal safety... travel in groups, in well lit areas, with lots of other people around. I realize writers break these rules on the regular so it's a good idea to take necessary precautions since there are predators everywhere, don't become a target. Especially if you don't look as mean and ugly as me. lol

If I was a female that looked like you fatalist traveling after dark by myself I would be packing a gun AND a knife...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the gun owners in this thread, when you buy a new gun, the cases they come in or normally somewhat nice right?

i went to buy a smith and wesson 357 revolver the other day and the only one they had left in the model i wanted was the floor model which i didnt want. but the case they were about to put it in to give me looked all fucked up and generic. i was like that cant be the case for my gun, its a smith and wesson for christ sakes. (which ive heard is a good brand, been around forever etc).

anyone?

I have odd feelings on this thread.

In my opinion, the best thing for personal safety is using your damn brain to understand the best way to handle the situation you're in. Theres all sorts of types of violent encounters, and people are all over the map on this thread on what they're talking about. First off, I would always rather make my best attempt to diffuse a situation by talking my way out of it. Even if it meant dealing with that horrible feeling you get afterward when you have a build up of adrenalin and you feel slightly embarassed with yourself for not coming to blows, I'd always rather be able to go home and sleep soundly, knowing I'm not going to end up in the system or worry about being run up on by a grip of dudes when I'm out with my girl(the world is always smaller than you think). That being said, I think it helps to be prepared if/when the worst case scenario occurs.

If some dude is coming at me one on one, I have no qualms about hitting him in the face twice with knuckles, or taking his knee/elbow out with a baton and getting the fuck out of dodge. I dont carry mace for the reason someone mentioned before - yeah it can work, but if you miss, you're fucked if thats your only means. If you're small or you can't throw a punch, I would never suggest knuckles. Any of you who doubts their use though, is living in some sort of retarded "I go by the information taught to me by my karate teacher", and you have no first hand experience seeing them used. For christs sakes- go to a war museum and you'll see pairs of them in display cases, they were given to spies to use for protection. No matter what I use to protect myself, hide that shit, toss that shit, whatever, after you get a safe distance away. If you get picked up after your assailant turns bitch made or it occurred in public and someone calls the cops, bludgeoning someone with something is way easier to lie about than stabbing someone. "well officer, he tried to assault me and for some reason there was a metal piece of debris on the ground, so I picked it up, defended myself, and ran away".

But I mean, thats really only for one on one. Against your normal average (male) unarmed opponent. Hell, I could write paragraphs I guess on your crazy syringe armed bums, groups of hardrocks, etc. etc. But when it comes down to it, I'd just straight out rather run. To me, carrying a knife is kindof useless. I dont know how to use one effectively, and most people I know of that are into them don't know either. What happens if you have one, pull it out in the "back off" manner, and someone calls you on your shit? what happens if you stab someone the wrong way, and you get picked up and have to go to court to prove it was self defense? Hell, what happens if you're going to get robbed, you pull your knife and they pull their gun? Or, if you're a gun owner, are you prepared to use that shit? If the situation calls for you using your gun as the last means of protecting your life, are you going to be able to get that gun out in time? Do you know the self-defense laws as they pertain to firearms where you live? I dunno, it just seems to get super complicated. violence is mad shitty.

As for this fair fight nonsense, what the fuck are you dudes talking about? In the world I live in, no one comes up to you ready to box it out. Man, I don't want nobody touching me, I just want to go about my business. I'm not going to get my face messed up and some teeth knocked out and say to my coworkers, "Well, you know, some guy ran up on me, but I gave him a fair fight and got my assed woooped 'like a man' ". Fuck that. I'll put my goddamn keys between my fingers and go for the eyes and groin like women are taught in self defense class before I get the shit kicked out of me trying to "be a real man". I graduated from high school 6 years ago, I dont have a damn thing to prove.

Feel free to dispute any of my opinions.

THAT BEAR MACE SHIT COMES THROUGH EARLY. NIGGAS GET SPRAYED DOWN AND DUMPED ON HARD. IF NIGGAS ARE JUMPING YOU, AND THE NIGGAS WHO ARE JUMPING YOU AREN'T A BUNCH OF PUSSIES, STABBING ONE NIGGA IS JUST GONNA MAKE THE OTHER NIGGAS MAD...TRUST ME I BEEN THERE. THATS WHY YOU MACE 6 NIGGAS AT ONCE, GRAB NIGGAS ONE BY ONE (IF THERES 6 NIGGAS, AT LEAST 3 ARE GONNA RUN) AND BEAT THEM RETARDED. YOU GOTTA THROW NIGGAS ON THE FLOOR AND STOMP THEM IN THE GRILL AND THE STOMACH. IF ITS JUST ONE NIGGA STEPPIN UP TO ME, IM SORRY MY DUDE, YOU GETTING A BUCK 50. I DONT PLAY THAT SHIT. THIS AINT 1965 NIGGA I AINT FIGHTING NOBODY TALKIN SHIT. IM OXING NIGGAS DOWN.

M E R O E

MLBTEAM

YEAH THAS

MY CLICK.

Originally posted by bobthebuilder@Mar 30 2005, 05:01 PM

If your buying a gun for a gun case, dont but it. Dont own guns unless you plan on using them.

im not buying the gun for the case you dilbert, i just don't want to get something and not get everything i should be getting for the price.

thats like buying a pair of nike's and getting a women's shoe box for them. (weak example but whatever).

this gun place is starting to piss me off anyways, because i look somewhat young, and theyve been giving me shitty service.

i concur on the gun laws. this thread seems to be centered around "street defense" not defending yourself on your property. unless you have a CCW permit your gonna get railroaded. you got alot of proving to do even if dude was robbing you at gun point. also make sure dude is dead, so there is only one story. i personally wouldnt be carrying a gun on the street, but hey, different strokes for different folks. i think everyone should be able to, but just try to overturn the law. then again there are dudes like michael badnarik who carry concealed daily without a permit. stating..."rights dont require permission..."