TuffGuy

Volkswagen's

Re: Volkswagen's

257mvxy.gif

35a3pmp.jpg

Any VW bus enthusiasts around?

I know there are a few of us...

I have an 07 GTI, and an 11 Golf TDI.

Looking to sell my GTI and get into a TDI wagon.

got a 2000 passat wagon about six months ago. it's been one problem after another since i got it. first it was the crankcase seal, then it was the turbo, then the break lines, now there's a leak in the power steering system somewhere. thank jeebus one of my best friends is a volkswagen master tech or i would have driven the goddamned thing off of a fucking bridge.

^

If I had a dollar for everybody I know who's had a VW problem over the years, I'd probably have like 50 bucks tops but you get the idea.

My buddy works in a VW/Audi specific shop so I luckily get plenty of routine maintenance for beer, weed, whatever

Are VW engines really made of chocolate?

i've been looking at Mk3 golfs and vento/jetta's recently...

but some o' the comments on here are making me think twice aboot getting one...

saying that my parents had a Mk2 years back an they had no complaints at all with it...

Stay away from MK3's, problems aplenty. Unless you have the means to do work yourself, it will be a project.

MK2's are great, easy to work on.

so swerve a mk3 with 53,000 on the clock and then look for a mk2 with 140,000 on the clock for the same price? or am i better with a mk1? i really want something wee and german, most of all reliable over anything.

something tells me i'm pissin' in the wind though

iv had a mk3 jetta for over 7 years now. absolutly love it. one of my rear windows dont go down because of the regulator..cheap money tho. and iv replaced the tranny after about a year (it was my second car and i beat the shit out of it daily, still do) with a used one from a junkyard. its not stock at all really but i still have had no major issues. it is a vr6 tho and i dont care for the 2.0.. stick with the 6 cylinder and you will be happy.

edit: i have close to 170k on it. still smokes every non turboed honda around

VRs are awesome. super fun to drive. i had a 90 corrado with a vr swap in it that was a blast to drive around until the timing chain broke. interference motors are for the fucking birds.

so swerve a mk3 with 53,000 on the clock and then look for a mk2 with 140,000 on the clock for the same price? or am i better with a mk1? i really want something wee and german, most of all reliable over anything.

something tells me i'm pissin' in the wind though

I got love for MK1's and MK2's. MK3's had wicked electrical problems ... at least in North America.

If you're looking at a car you are considering buying just make sure you get an inspection done.

35a3pmp.jpg/QUOTE]

I see one of these driving around Philly a lot. Wish I had one, I'd whip it everywhere!

The rusty one in front looks like it might belong to my friend in DC.

I like aircooled VWs but they're so fucking expensive now.

VWs are a lot like any other car, if you take care if them, they'll last a long time. unfortunately the passat i bought is a piece of shit and has been one problem after another because it was poorly maintained by the previous owners. pretty sure were just gonna buy something newer, let it sit and do the more serious repairs before getting rid of it.

Those Tillamook buses were recently stolen and recovered.

Kind of a crazy story.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now