Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by H of BL+Apr 3 2005, 01:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (H of BL - Apr 3 2005, 01:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-BlistaCompact@Apr 2 2005, 09:06 PM

Wow. Gnome are you serious?

what do you think?

[/b]

I'm not sure. Sarcastic smilies were not present and Gnomes wildstyle thread is a disgrace to graffiti. Thats why I asked.

Originally posted by GnomeToys@Apr 1 2005, 06:09 PM

This thread took a drastic downturn in quality, which scares me. I'm going to drink a gallon of everclear right now.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE ALL YOUR ARROWS? HAVE YOU LEARNED NO WILDSTYLE GRAFFTAGGING SKILLS FROM ME?

HAAH mane i rememebr ur wildstyle Griffiti.. it was the best !!! lol :gaga:

Originally posted by BlistaCompact+Apr 3 2005, 02:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlistaCompact - Apr 3 2005, 02:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by H of BL@Apr 3 2005, 01:03 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-BlistaCompact@Apr 2 2005, 09:06 PM

what do you think?

I'm not sure. Sarcastic smilies were not present and Gnomes wildstyle thread is a disgrace to graffiti. Thats why I asked.

[/b]

man are you joking, that thread killed!

Originally posted by H of BL+Apr 4 2005, 07:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (H of BL - Apr 4 2005, 07:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by BlistaCompact@Apr 3 2005, 02:44 PM

Originally posted by H of BL@Apr 3 2005, 01:03 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-BlistaCompact@Apr 2 2005, 09:06 PM

what do you think?

man are you joking, that thread killed!

[/b]

Wow. H of BL are you serious?

SIMPLER. i may not be great but i know to go SIMPLE this being your first offence (on here) we'll let you go with a warning. in all seriousness though the key to solid pieces is solid letter structure.

keep sketching, and post some deadly simple simples

SIMPLER. i may not be great but i know to go SIMPLE this being your first offence (on here) we'll let you go with a warning. in all seriousness though the key to solid pieces is solid letter structure.

keep sketching, and post some deadly simple simples

exso, two words, go simple. the key to writing letters well is, well, letter structure, and solid structure at that. dont try to force the style, itll come in time. and remember to keep old sketches so you can look back on them and be embarassed

i hear ya i did that off the top of my head never drew before i got that wall's all to my self so i have plenty of room to practice.

thanks for the comments keepem comming good or bad i wanna hear it all so i can learn from mistakes and hone my craft

IMG_0746.jpg

thats as simple as can be, look at fonts and cereal boxes for simple. what you posted is not as simple as can be. do not even try to add style to your letters yet, just write them. dont even try to make them look like graffiti.

also, listen to everything the leader says, he is likely the best hope anyone in this thread has, and the advice he gives to others probably applies to you too

Originally posted by ISAYStodaguy@Mar 24 2005, 10:00 PM

eba00504264f00000008.jpg

Been writin for a year, wuddya think? :huh2:

you can tell that it's only been a year. it looks great at first glance, and then you notice the letters aren't really structured that well. some lines are wrong, and the ones that are ok just aren't really to stylish...it's good though i guess...the colors are nice...it's just that you can tell that without using that style to camoflauge your letters that your shit's not on point...like, you can tell you probably wouldn't be able to bang out some nice simple stylish straight letters...prove me wrong.

to everyone:

also, whoever said that you should work on handstyles first is so correct. seriously, just work on nice simple handstyle, so you can learn the different way to flow lines to put style in them. i used a dry erase board with a chisel tipped expo marker for litterly like 6 years now...i still use it. it was the best investment i ever made. just use that to work on handstyles and throwups...once you get you hand down, then get 2 pencils and tape them together and do a hand on paper, and make it into a straight letter...or just draw seperate overlapping blocks for each part of a letter(most people do this)...just practice...shit is going to take years to be even decent at, so hopefully you're doing it for the love

alright. here we gizooo.

warren g is great --

yeah he is, but that has nothing to do with anything.

"make sure all bars stay the same size" ---

that line that comes off the top "rounded" bar and cuts into the bottom bar is completely not needed. get rid of it.

"only place your letters touch. BAD" ---

try to space your letters out the same amount. it gives an overall flow to your piece and makes your shit look a lot better.

"nah son, nah" ---

You don't need bubbles. Don't trip off shit like that yet, work on your letters.

The character doesn't really show any skill, but atleast it's better than that kid that tried to post his portrait of his nephew that looked like a burn victim.

Your tag is obviously too complex for your abilities. Calm down and apply the same rules to your tag as you should to your piece. Simple at first. When you understand the letters basic flow then you can start adding shit.

Your shit is about 100 (probably 94.66783) times better than half the shit posted in here. But that's just because you are taking the advice given and are going simple. Keep going and take in all the advice you can.

rival.jpg.671c2a3d60bb8ab16d91fad7d7519548.jpg

fixerupper.jpg

not bad here, your 3-d is on point ALMOST everywhere.

a. this line isnt neccesary at all, kinda comes outta nowhere, and goes nowhere

b. this line kinda comes THROUGH the 3-d, it should go under it.

c. the bar gets weak here, as said above, try to make all bars the same size

d. the knob that comes out of the right leg is pretty random, and doesnt appear on the other side, i think this is the first things i noticed, for the most part, your piece is pretty symetrical, all but this part, there isnt any other random knobs on any of the other letters, so it seems out of place to me, but thats just my opinion.

overall, not a bad piece, theres only one other thing i would recomend, and that would be the connection part, now im not sure if it was the style you were going for or what, but the letters dont have to connect, and i would say further, that if your going to make them connect, make em all connect, and not just one or two. again, im not sure if that was the intent, just throwing out ideas. other than that, your color schemes, the lightning, and for the most part the 3-d are on point. good stuff.

edit* i just saw thats an old name, but i think you've got more going for the same than you do for the other name, either way, keep on rocking