Toys post here...

swif1

great advice i see what you mean with every comment. i been back and fourth with names, but im starting ekso from the ground up simple to decent i hope. i seen the way same came along an that took me about 3 months into the name so ekso will come along when its ready.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I agree with almost everything the fantomizer said. But I don't think you're piece is any good.

Your 3d should be the same size everywhere at your level.

I don't think any of your letters are attractive. Infact, I find them ugly. Unfortunately I can't add anymore visual aids because my picture account is currently full and i am up to my limit on the 12oz attachment thing. Basically I think you need to go back to the style rival is using. Rival, out of all the advice I have given, is the only guy I have been impressed with. His lettering is simple, and I wouldn't mind seeing what he has there on a wall because I can tell he knows what level he is at and he isn't trying to be better than he is. Where as if I saw what you did, or really most of the stuff posted in this thread, I would be pissed.

Yeah, I'd like to see some block letters. I'd like to see you only do block letters for awhile, because your "stylized" letters are very lacking. I suggest getting fonts and studying them. (http://www.dafont.com) is a GREAT place to study lettering. I just really do not feel you are at the level you think you are at.

And you asked what level I think you are at.. I assume you are asking for a specific name for the level. There is none. Graffiti isn't like hell where there are seperate circles, everyone is on thier own level at all times. Thing is, you are on a very low level.

Anyway, im tired as hell. Post up some block letters and i'll tell you what's up.

Originally posted by The Leader@Apr 7 2005, 12:07 AM

Your shit is about 100 (probably 94.66783) times better than half the shit posted in here. But that's just because you are taking the advice given and are going simple. Keep going and take in all the advice you can.

Alrite thanks for the advice man, ill post another pic up soon

start simple, take any extra lines or bars that do not belong out of your piece and dont ever put them back in, ever! make sure all your bars are the same width, look at the bottom part of the "e" the bar that curls under is haggard, and the part that curls over for that matter. and the same with that "r" ALL THE BARS NEED TO HAVE THE SAME THICKNESS. remember that, until you get skilled enough to go crazy, they all gotta be under the same format. obviously the size will vary for each different piece you do, but you know what im talking about. also, if your going to add 3-d, dont do it in some places and not others, focus on that, cause dammit, your 3-d is hurting. remember, your lines dont have to overlap, touch, or connect for it to be fresh, simple is golden, so keep it simple for now, and please, please please please, STOP DRAWING ARROWS INTO YOUR PIECES KIDS. read this up, sketch some new shit, and report back. practice drawing fonts from billboards or cerial boxes, or font from a computer. trust me, itll all work out.

You need to get better. You aren't going to get better by throwing retarded shit all over the place to hide your letters. I don't see how you could get bored. Download fonts. Different simple styles. Different "olde" style english and copy that shit. over and over again. right after one another on the same page. When you get sick of it go to the next font.

Originally posted by useurname@Feb 3 2005, 12:23 AM

agexburner.jpg

and here is a wicked mad burner

well yeah okay these are old probly my first ever sketches im not sure but they are old

:haha: :haha: :lol2: :nope: :rolleyes: :bawling: :cry: :cry2: :clown2: man these smilies are ownage, I hope to GOD this was a joke. Wtf are those things on top baloons? :haha:

first thing.. dont say "im a Toy".. cuz if u post ur stuff on here we allready know ur a toy

second... if you get sick of strait letters then start making ur strait letters better.. try to 3d effects.. learn where shadow goes... learn where ur 3d ends and begining

start it all off with block letters cuz those r strait and have easier shadows and 3d's

o yeah and liek MLTf4nt0m said... dont put arrows into ur pieces.. u have no clue where they go or anyhitng..

yeah and go get Adobe Photoshop and make some Griffiti on there.

Originally posted by Mistery@Apr 9 2005, 06:57 PM

first thing.. dont say "im a Toy".. cuz if u post ur stuff on here we allready know ur a toy

second... if you get sick of strait letters then start making ur strait letters better.. try to 3d effects.. learn where shadow goes... learn where ur 3d ends and begining

start it all off with block letters cuz those r strait and have easier shadows and 3d's

o yeah and liek MLTf4nt0m said... dont put arrows into ur pieces.. u have no clue where they go or anyhitng..

yeah and go get Adobe Photoshop and make some Griffiti on there.

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!acording to GNOMETOYS(ORWHO EVER THE FUCK HE IS)without arrows your wack,the more arrows the better.(jus jokin good advice)well give me some adviceremors38mm.jpg

It isn't terrible. It looks like a lot of the arows are used to fill space instead of relying on your letters to fill that space. I don't like the m too much. I'm pretty sick right now and I'm in a rush to go get drunk, post something else so I can get a more general idea of your style.