cure to aids?

iloveboxcars

Originally posted by bigpoppa.k@Dec 2 2004, 08:04 AM

don't get me wrong here, there are some pretty nasty diseases out there that cause a lot of suffering, and i'm fascinated by medical technology and advances...

but whatever happened to survival of the fitest?

survival of the fittest in today's society most commonly refers to "dolla dolla billz y'all"... the "fittest" will be those who are able to afford the vaccine.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by bigpoppa.k+Dec 2 2004, 09:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bigpoppa.k - Dec 2 2004, 09:56 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-iloveboxcars@Dec 2 2004, 05:04 AM

survival of the fitest?

not taking something that is available to you that will make you better just because of the "survival of the fitest" thing would be retarded. that's like not eating, even though it would make you feel better, because you believe in survival of the fitest. i dunno.

yes, survival of the fitest...

giving somebody a cure, who was stupid enough to have unprotected sex with people who could possibly have aids and eating just for basic survival are completely different scenarios.

now if you got it through a transfusion or by other accidental methods, by all means go for the cure.

we're openning up quite the can of worms if we don't let mother nature take care of this planet like she has been since the beginning.

its not a perfect world, it never has been. but trying to make it perfect by eliminating all sickness and disease will actually do more harm than good in the long run....

[/b]

sex is an instinct we have to keep our species going. just as food is an instinct we have to keep our bodies going.

�?gU�KEY3>,Dec 2 2004, 02:17 PM]

two things.....

pops.k has a valid argument but it's inhumane.

Human nature is to survive, even at the expense of nature.

We cant go against our own nature if we tried. I know.. it's a paradox.

inhumane... maybe a little. but looking at it as a whole and not personalizing it makes it realism. you almost have to look at it with a militaristic mindset, "sacrifice the few for the greater good"..

Human nature is to survive, yes, but at the expense of nature is purely a 'modern day man' mentality. clearcutting forests in order to build houses and make paper, blowing up mountains to get at minerals... some of these diseases are a direct result of the 'expense to nature'.

one day nature's going to reer her ugly head and bite us in the ass somethin' fierce.

we ain't seen nothin' yet batman...

Originally posted by apos+Dec 2 2004, 08:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (apos - Dec 2 2004, 08:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-iloveboxcars@Dec 1 2004, 09:21 PM

"The results suggest that [these] vaccines could be a promising strategy for treating people with chronic HIV infection," Andrieu and colleagues write.

[/b]

After getting three under-the-skin injections of the tailor-made vaccine, the amount of HIV in the patients' blood (called the viral load) dropped by 80%. After a year, eight of the 18 patients still had a 90% drop in HIV levels. All patients' T-cell counts stopped dropping.

Originally posted by thegirlecho@Dec 2 2004, 03:59 PM

i think thats why some people are gay (the one's that are really gay and not doing it for attention and all that bullshit), nature's way of population control.

you should write a book about your thoughts, i'd buy it, seriously, very deep thoughts you have going there

Originally posted by EyeforAnEYE+Dec 2 2004, 01:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EyeforAnEYE - Dec 2 2004, 01:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-thegirlecho@Dec 2 2004, 03:59 PM

i think thats why some people are gay (the one's that are really gay and not doing it for attention and all that bullshit), nature's way of population control.

you should write a book about your thoughts, i'd buy it, seriously, very deep thoughts you have going there

[/b]

sorry, no disrespect.. but not only is that thought not original.. it isn't deep either.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars+Dec 2 2004, 09:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iloveboxcars - Dec 2 2004, 09:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by EyeforAnEYE@Dec 2 2004, 01:17 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-thegirlecho@Dec 2 2004, 03:59 PM

sorry, no disrespect.. but not only is that thought not original.. it isn't deep either.

[/b]

haha.. stealing my thunder.

no one said it was original. my biology professor actually brought that up last year when he was saying how there have been homosexual rats in laboratory studies when the population gets overcrowded.

and eyeforaneye~> we could arrange this thing that i write down all my thoughts and i'll send them to you weekly, and then you send me back money depending on how much you learned... kinda like a penny for a thought, except my thoughts are worth gold.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars+Dec 2 2004, 09:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iloveboxcars - Dec 2 2004, 09:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-wayne hits@Dec 2 2004, 01:03 PM

yeah fucking right.

um.. thanks for the response... you definately added to the thread.

[/b]

a synonym for the disempowerment in the face of

HIV is hopelessness. excuse my non-believing..

put it this way...

"whered you hear THAT? "

-oh, from this guy iloveboxcars on a graffiti website!

yeah....

hate to break the news yall but they had the cure for aids when they CREATED it... woops it mutated, shit! oh well we make BILLIONS in medical research every year so who gives a fuck? were not the ones dying.. and even if we are, we got the money to not die... huurrr... cancer too... you think there not sittin on a cure somewhere?? get real....... there are some evil motherfuckkers in this world, for real.....

Originally posted by wayne hits+Dec 2 2004, 06:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wayne hits - Dec 2 2004, 06:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by iloveboxcars@Dec 2 2004, 09:24 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-wayne hits@Dec 2 2004, 01:03 PM

yeah fucking right.

um.. thanks for the response... you definately added to the thread.

a synonym for the disempowerment in the face of

HIV is hopelessness. excuse my non-believing..

put it this way...

"whered you hear THAT? "

-oh, from this guy iloveboxcars on a graffiti website!

yeah....

[/b]

uh.. OR you can say from webmd.. you moron.

Originally posted by cracksmoka@Dec 2 2004, 10:29 PM

hate to break the news yall but they had the cure for aids when they CREATED it... woops it mutated, shit! oh well we make BILLIONS in medical research every year so who gives a fuck? were not the ones dying.. and even if we are, we got the money to not die... huurrr... cancer too... you think there not sittin on a cure somewhere?? get real....... there are some evil motherfuckkers in this world, for real.....

put down the crack pipe and learn some science.

the experts in the scientific community know where AIDS came from..

the same place most emerging infectious diseases come from:

different species.

the overcrowding of planet earth has some consequences.

try SARS, AIDS, now Avian-Flu.

welcome to the 21st century, when Mother Nature begins to exact her revenge on humanity's destruction of planet earth.

we are not "sitting" on any cures.

there may be some evil motherfuckers.

but there are also some very fucking smart, very egotistical and highly competetive scientists who want fame and fortune for curing some of mankind's most devastating health maladies.

BILLIONS are not MADE in science research, they are SPENT.

scientists don't make SHIT.

i would know, i'm a scientist who researches disease.

we spend our money trying to CURE the population.

enough with the ignorance.

try lending some support to people who are sacrificing so they can have a livelihood that BENEFITS humanity.

• 2 weeks later...

Was it KEY or Symbol's that made the comment about bird flu... either way, i looked it up - Frightning.

"BANGKOK, Thailand -- The World Health Organization has issued a dramatic warning that bird flu will trigger an international pandemic that could kill up to seven million people.

The influenza pandemic could occur anywhere from next week to the coming years, WHO said.

"There is no doubt there will be another pandemic," Klaus Stohr of the WHO Global Influenza Program said on the sidelines of a regional bird flu meeting in Bangkok, Thailand.

"Even with the best case scenario, the most optimistic scenario, the pandemic will cause a public health emergency with estimates which will put the number of deaths in the range of two and seven million," he said.

"The number of people affected will go beyond billions because between 25 percent and 30 percent will fall ill."

Pandemics occur when a completely new flu strain emerges for which humans have no immunity.

With a human vaccine to the bird flu virus not expected until March 2005 at the earliest, urgency is being placed on containment.

"The countries that have the weakest health systems are in need of most support and clearly, usually it's together the poorest countries who have the least resources to invest in health," Dr. Bjorn Melgaard, head of WHO's Southeast Asia office, said.

The dire flu warning came ahead of a two-day meeting of regional health ministers in Bangkok, looking at how to pool efforts to combat a future outbreak.

It also comes just a few months after the first probable instance of human-to-human transmission of the bird-flu virus emerged.

The virus killed 32 people in Thailand and Vietnam earlier this year and led to the slaughter of millions of poultry birds across the region.

Pandemics usually occur every 20 to 30 years when the genetic makeup of a flu strain changes so dramatically that people have little or no immunity built up from previous flu bouts.

"During the last 36 years, there has been no pandemic, and there is a conclusion now that we are closer to the next pandemic than we have ever been before," Stohr told reporters.

"There is no reason to believe that we are going to be spared."

Stohr said if bird flu triggers the next pandemic, the virus would likely originate in Asia.

"An influenza pandemic will spare nobody. Every country will be affected," he said.

There have been three pandemics in the 20th century, all spread worldwide within a year of being detected.

The worst was the Spanish flu in 1918-19, when as many as 50 million people worldwide are thought to have died, nearly half of them young, healthy adults.

The Asian flu pandemic of 1957 claimed nearly 70,000 lives in the United States and one million worldwide after spreading from China.

In 1968, the Hong Kong flu pandemic is also said to have killed around one million.

Both pandemics were believed to be mutations of pig viruses.

It is important that countries act quickly to guard against a possible pandemic and take stock of their inventories of antivirals, Stohr said.

Scientists are busy working on vaccines for bird flu and other viruses. Two U.S. companies have said they plan to test experimental bird flu vaccines in January.

Thai health officials said Wednesday they expected that a vaccine to protect humans from bird flu would be ready by 2007, The Associated Press reports .

Health ministers and senior officials from 10 Southeast Asian countries, along with China, Japan and South Korea, are among the more than 100 people attending this week's meeting to develop strategies against flu and other infectious diseases."

Eh..

Originally posted by bigpoppa.k+Dec 2 2004, 05:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bigpoppa.k - Dec 2 2004, 05:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-iloveboxcars@Dec 2 2004, 05:04 AM

survival of the fitest?

not taking something that is available to you that will make you better just because of the "survival of the fitest" thing would be retarded. that's like not eating, even though it would make you feel better, because you believe in survival of the fitest. i dunno.

yes, survival of the fitest...

giving somebody a cure, who was stupid enough to have unprotected sex with people who could possibly have aids and eating just for basic survival are completely different scenarios.

now if you got it through a transfusion or by other accidental methods, by all means go for the cure.

we're openning up quite the can of worms if we don't let mother nature take care of this planet like she has been since the beginning.

its not a perfect world, it never has been. but trying to make it perfect by eliminating all sickness and disease will actually do more harm than good in the long run....

[/b]

yeah right. are you saying you have never had a vaccine of any sort?

Survival of the fittest can't be dodged or somehow cheated by using technology. It just means that "fittest" is a broader term than the way you are using it. Social animals like people and ants work together (or at least for their particular hive...) towards certain goals. Individuals are often fairly useless on their own (ie soldier ants and the queen eating what drones bring in etc.) This doesn't mean they are circumventing "survival of the fittest". It means their ability to specialize AND work together makes them the fittest....

The fittest aren't the strongest, or the fastest - it's the organisms who are the most successful at carrying on their genetic line. humans are pretty sharp in this regard.

And of course we'll die out. Everything does. If you want to hold off on medicine for the good of the hive - you go for it.

Originally posted by bodice_ripper@Dec 12 2004, 09:23 AM

yeah right. are you saying you have never had a vaccine of any sort?

Survival of the fittest can't be dodged or somehow cheated by using technology. It just means that "fittest" is a broader term than the way you are using it. Social animals like people and ants work together (or at least for their particular hive...) towards certain goals. Individuals are often fairly useless on their own (ie soldier ants and the queen eating what drones bring in etc.) This doesn't mean they are circumventing "survival of the fittest". It means their ability to specialize AND work together makes them the fittest....

The fittest aren't the strongest, or the fastest - it's the organisms who are the most successful at carrying on their genetic line. humans are pretty sharp in this regard.

And of course we'll die out. Everything does. If you want to hold off on medicine for the good of the hive - you go for it.

You are using a third party technology to heal yourself of something your body wasn't strong enough to combat on its own... that would be dodging "survival of the fittest".

As for me... I'm 31. I haven't had a flu shot, vaccine or any other preventative medicine since I was 12. I can't remember the last time I got as little as a cold let alone the flu (I think I was 7).

Society nowadays is so wrapped up in pre-emptive this, preventative that, that we're actually making our species weaker as a whole. Ex. If you use mouthwash as part of your dental hygene, your actually making the bacteria in your mouth stronger. Mouthwash kills 75% of bacteria, but the remaining 25% are the strongest, who then multiply. Now all you've got is super bacteria, which the mouthwash is not killing anymore. All your mouthwash does now is make your breath smell fresh.

This is whats happened with a whole list of sickness' and diseases over the last few years. We've been vaccinating and giving shots for every little thing for the last 25 years and its starting to catch up with us by way of mutation and resistance. A lot of the bugs nowadays have grown resistant to our "medicines", or have mutated making some of these medicines almost obsolete. Doctors have been prescribing penicilin for everything from the flu, a cold, bronchitis to pneumonia. Well, its starting to not work as effectively as it once did.

Something as little as washing your hands... Yes, washing your hands once or twice a day is a good thing, but over washing them doesn't let your body build up any kind resistance to bacteria, whether harmful or not.

Next time you get bronchitis be sure to help out the hive... Keep poppin' them penicilin and help mutate another disease. And after a month of you being sick and wondering why your penicilin isn't working, i'll be wondering what bronchitis feels like because i've never had it and hopefully never will. But I never say never, everything is possible.

So which one of us is actually helping the hive? Holding off on medicines has helped me for the last 19 years, maybe a few more people should hold off on the pills, syrups and shots everytime they get a little woozy or feel a little flush. Let your body do one of its important jobs and stop relying on third parties to help you out.

THAT would actually be better for the hive for the long term.

Archived