Favourite PC Games of Yesteryear

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHA you just took the words right out of my mouth.

The Castlevania game were wicked. now that i think about it, its time to go to the flee markets for some new NES games, because mine still works. And i need to find the Zelda and Link games. you know.. with the shinny cartridges..

What was the name of the Genesis game where you play the kid who plays some virtual reality game and gets stuck in it, and there's something like 150 levels. You could skip around levels though, and there were ways to beat it by playing only a handful of the levels. You'd pick up helmets and they would give you special powers.

Originally posted by fermentor666@Oct 28 2004, 03:15 PM

What was the name of the Genesis game where you play the kid who plays some virtual reality game and gets stuck in it, and there's something like 150 levels. You could skip around levels though, and there were ways to beat it by playing only a handful of the levels. You'd pick up helmets and they would give you special powers.

Kid Chameleon

Originally posted by panic@Oct 28 2004, 03:10 PM

HAHA you just took the words right out of my mouth.

The Castlevania game were wicked. now that i think about it, its time to go to the flee markets for some new NES games, because mine still works. And i need to find the Zelda and Link games. you know.. with the shinny cartridges..

you should just get an emulator for your computer and get the roms....

nesticle emulator

if vimm's lair is still up & working, you can get any NES or SNES rom you want...

also, cherry roms is a good SNES rom site... but a lot of the more popular games aren't available for copyright reasons

did someone say nes?

contra.

blaster master.

spider man - return of the sinister 6

castlevania

metal gear

teenage mutant ninja turtles (1 and 2)

ninja gaiden (one and two)

q bert

california games

stryder

rbi baseball

megaman pero WHOA.

excitebike

marble madness

skate or die

rad racer

spy hunter

bart and the space mutants.

paper boy.

OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!!!

one of the best games i have ever played, befor they made flashback (also the best game) they came out with this little number where it had the MOST WAYS YOU COULD DIE AND EVERY WAY YOU COULD DIE! almost anywhere you went, you could die a horrific death.

here is the torrent to download FEAST APON THE GLORY OF THIS GAME!!!

Out Of This World torrent

945108809-00.jpg

alas i couldent find a flashback dl for you.

go to this page because the music is awesom 8 bit metal! http://www.mega-soft.com/games/action02.htm

Originally posted by cracksmoka@Oct 28 2004, 02:14 PM

and i think you guys are getting away from the whole PC game thing...

just a little...

Cramps, your link didn't work. What am I supposed to do with it? Do I need that BitTorrent program to get it? I would love to have a copy of Out of This World on here.

oh yeah, and whoever mentioned Winter Games...did anyone play the VGA one on the PC? Really good.

So no one remembers Death Track?

yeah, you need the Bit Torrent client to download torrent files. you should get Shad0w's experimental bit torrent client though, it has more features than the original one.

here you can get his newest version, Bit Tornado

then when you click on that link again it'll ask you where you want to save the file(s) and it'll start downloading

Herbivore I already have a ton of roms and emulators,

its time for the hard copies.

good call on the crono trigger Fermentor666 that game rules

I was told that there was a Final Fantasy disk for playstation, a combo disk that came with some early FF games and Crono Trigger as well. I have been searching, but i cant find anything. do you guys know what im talking about by chance? id love to pop that shit into my ps2 and pretend i have a super nintendo.

Originally posted by fermentor666@Oct 28 2004, 01:15 PM

YES!!! Chameleon Kid was incredible! my cousin had that shit and I used to play it non-stop when I was at his house!.

Commander Keen was good as fuck.

I just recently beat Final Fantasy 2 (never could get random chance fight with Pink Puffers for Pink Tail which gives you the Adamantium Armor) on zsnes emulator. Awesome. Golbez was fucked from the start. Muthafuckin Kain was headjumpin on niggas. Rydia was summonin fuckin Bahamut to blast fools. Cecil was mercin bitches Crystal Sword style. Ninja boy was throwin swords at em. Rosa was bein a pussy and drinkin tea all the time.

• 1 year later...
wow, you guys have mentioned most of the games i was going to mention...all those sierra games are fucking great...with the exception of swat...fuck that game. fuck darryl gates.

hero's quest was dope too...remember eating the mushrooms in the forest? haha.

leisure suit larry was another favorite of mine. 1-7 or 8. can't recall how many there were.

spacequest...fuck yeah. and yeah, roger wilco was one of 'em.

26 sided, i used ot have syndicate...there's this site...it's an abandon warez site full of old games... http://www.the-underdogs.org

also, check kazaa.

knights of xentar was another good game.

http://www.argosoft.com/games

http://www.freeoldies.com/

http://www.classicpcgames.com

wow, too many mudd games i can't recall the names of. telnet was the ill.

brings back memories.

shit, I'm about to check these links...and casek, have you ever used DosBox before?

Archived