channel zero heads: i wanna see your graffiti

slave_one

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Pinup

it's true US stuff looks a bit beat down. Doesn't mean i don't like it. It just looks... tired.

You're kidding me. I'm fortunate to live in big city with lots of innovative writers and artists. I see people biting the style from where I live all across the country, even in Canada.

As far as the Krylon comment, it's not really about the paint it's what you can do with it.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

i think you can also put that in part on account of the paint quality. Krylon doesn't match the stuff we get here.

Bummer :D

If you came to my city you would be MORE than greatful for krylon, i have dreams about krylon. Try using dulux that has about 5 colours in the range or generic brand "australian exports" that can basically only used with stocks, want another alternative? go to some graff store and pay $10 for designer paint.

Originally posted by Fuck Ya'll

You're kidding me. I'm fortunate to live in big city with lots of innovative writers and artists. I see people biting the style from where I live all across the country, even in Canada.

true.

i'm sure pinup's more than familiar with the statement "euro graff sucks". there's no such thing as "euro graff". "american graff" could mean 5 zillion different things to 5 zillion different people

Originally posted by fatbastard

If you came to my city you would be MORE than greatful for krylon, i have dreams about krylon. Try using dulux that has about 5 colours in the range or generic brand "australian exports" that can basically only used with stocks, want another alternative? go to some graff store and pay $10 for designer paint.

dude, if you can get dy-mark and dulux, you can mix far better paint than montana or any other company makes.

Originally posted by Fuck Ya'll

As far as the Krylon comment, it's not really about the paint it's what you can do with it.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I don't agree. Granted i didn't say there's no innovation in the States, i think what i see in Europe is more creative. That's also a flaw. Sometimes, it reaches extents of pure ugliness i don't think the US is exposed to.

As for the paint, of course a dope piece will look dope as long as it's well executed. But i don't think you can deny that some of the paint we get here has more vivacity to its colours. I just think it contributes to the general reason why a lot of the US stuff, in my opinion, looks a bit generic.

I may be seeing this through a peephole, and i'd like to do an extensive trip throughout the states and i'd be glad to be told i'm wrong. That's just the impression i get.

Irregardless, some of the best writers remain American.

Bump for Mr. Jerk.

My buddy was back from Taiwan for a couple of weeks. He went back the other day. Anyway, he was saying that the paint he gets over there is called PP, or something. He says it’s waaay better than the Painter’s Touch that we normally use over here. Plus if you actually pay for it like he does, you’re shelling out only $2 Canadian, as opposed to the $5 for Rusto here. What the fuck?! Taiwan?

*edit – how do you do snippets? Is it something even I can handle?

I just think it contributes to the general reason why a lot of the US stuff, in my opinion, looks a bit generic.

I've seen a lot of old graff from the U.S. AND Europe painted before fancy European paint became popular that can blow away most graff nowadays. To say that a brand of paint "generally" makes a whole continent's graffiti look generic is a total overstatement. There's a lot of dope and wack shit in both continents, regardless of whatever paint they use.

Feel free to close this thread because of whatever I said. I can care less.

chill out... dude was jsut saying that euro paints tend to be brighter.. and it's true... threy have more colors to choose from... we don't have a half descent orange here (except maybe safety... but even that aint so hot)

Originally posted by seeking

'irregardless' is not a word.

:o. I looked it up : adv. Nonstandard. You win.

<--- dork.

and if people continue to make this into an inter-continental debate i'm going to close the whole thing.

Clearly this was not my point.

Granted i may have been overstating a bit, but it also seemed obvious what i said should be taken with a pinch of salt. Whatever.

*edit - i reread this stuff and realized how confusing this all is. all i initially meant was a comparison in paint quality.

Anyway, this is getting nowhere, and i don't even know why i'm directing this to seeking.

On with the flicks.

'irregardless' is not a word.

I hate when I hear people use this word ... it can take an intelligent thought and throw the whole context out the window, just on my bias of detest for the redundancy it implies.

Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

Guest Pilau Hands

Dictionary: Merriam-Webster

Main Entry: ir·re·gard·less

Pronunciation: "ir-i-'gärd-l&s

Function: adverb

Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless

Date: circa 1912

nonstandard : REGARDLESS

usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

© 2001 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated

Merriam-Webster Privacy Policy

I'm not saying...I'm just saying.

Guest HESHIANDET

Those lines are relatively straight for some drunken action!

its usually the letter structure and whatnot that suffers. ive learned this over time. i rarely paint sober

Guest Pilau Hands
Originally posted by heavyLox

i ve had this argument so fucking much, irregardless its a word well worth my using.

i actually use it all the time now as a joke because of that boston accent skit on SNL. shit's stuck in my head.

IRR EH GAHHD LESS

here's the thing... if people use it.. it's a word. conversate is a word, cause people use it. now, it might carry conotations of a poor education and what not... but it's a word irregardless :D

english ain't dead folks.

vanity is correct.

it might be a terrible use of enlish that break conventional rules,

but if 'Bling' can get added to the dictionary, why not a word that at least tries to sound smart?

Guest uncle-boy
Originally posted by HESHIANDET

it helps to get REALLY REALLY drunk when you paint. you do dumb shit like this....

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v38/bseeg/hebr-broad.jpg'>

i didn't know i painted this until the next day when i walked past it. haha:

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v38/bseeg/dscn1422.jpg'>

hahahah, i drunken bombing is the numba one stunna i can recall nights of falling head first into the wall while painting. altho i find my lines to be straighter when im all buss up.

europe america who cares. drink, paint, and be merry bitches.

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/geakoner/float_melon_fence.jpg'>

Archived