bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

I still maintain that clip in pedals and shoes are a must for riding a road bike. I think that rat traps like the ones that symbols posted are more dangerous than clip ins and do not work as well.

I am holding to this on the assumption that the person riding the bicycle is using it as a method of primary transportation. If you are riding a bike as a way to get to the bar/yard or whatever it is a different story.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I still maintain that clip in pedals and shoes are a must for riding a road bike. I think that rat traps like the ones that symbols posted are more dangerous than clip ins and do not work as well.

I am holding to this on the assumption that the person riding the bicycle is using it as a method of primary transportation. If you are riding a bike as a way to get to the bar/yard or whatever it is a different story.

i disagree

if you race or ride competitively clipless is the way to go.

however, if you're a casual or serious-non-racing rider there is no reason you can't rock aggressive flats and some grippy shoes. cyclists of all breeds rocked that for decades, and the primary argument for clipless is efficiency on a level which only plays out over significant distance and time. the benefits gained in the upswing vs. an inexperienced clipless rider eating shit in any environment because they can't 'eject'--its the riders call of what priority is.

I like to ride a road bike so I am biased. If I were planning on doing my riding at night exclusively I would seriously consider getting a mountain bike. Smaller obstacles can cause problems with skinny tires and I would think that mountain bike tires would be more forgiving.

You may find that you enjoy riding a bicycle and that you want something other than a trendy little toy, which, in my opinion is what fixed gear bikes are.

first time i rode around on a fixed bike was maybe 1988-89. it was a bmx. was i ahead of the curve? who knows? who cares?

haha. i know hipsters(this word has become pretty meaningless to me) galore ride the fuck out of fixed gears but everyone who rides one isnt some douchey fuck face. im just sayin...

im fat and old but my legs are strong enough to kick a hole through gods face.

ride a bike and shut the fuck up.

[quote=rolling nowhere;8029117 im just sayin...

im fat and old but my legs are strong enough to kick a hole through gods face.

ride a bike and shut the fuck up.

this.

its about having fun....if you are using it as a trend it will show and you wont last....

just like with anything.

no need to hate on someone wanting to get out there and ride a BICYCLE....any kind I dont care...