bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

so I know nothing about bikes.. I cant even remember the last time Ive been on one but..

i have a desire to ride around the city since I really dont do much with my time..

so bare with me I know nothing..

Im 5'10 and 230lbs

someone help a no0b out..

this is a little flashy and hipster ish for me but i kinda dig it..

http://store.citygrounds.com/store/product/8251/2011-Schwinn-Cutter-Complete-Bike-Pink/

I'm a complete noob to road biking and recently purchased a used raleigh road bike. My goal is to start riding a few times a week and try to get some distance under my belt. Trying for small goals at first and hopefully will improve and get a nicer bike if I stick with it. My question for all you road bikers on her is, do they make any road biking clothes that are not spandex? If so, could you point me in the right direction like websites or brands??

I like to ride a road bike so I am biased. If I were planning on doing my riding at night exclusively I would seriously consider getting a mountain bike. Smaller obstacles can cause problems with skinny tires and I would think that mountain bike tires would be more forgiving.

You may find that you enjoy riding a bicycle and that you want something other than a trendy little toy, which, in my opinion is what fixed gear bikes are.

I am having a hard time following your line of reasoning Mr. Baker. Are you looking for a bicycle to ride on the flat streets of Dallas or the backwoods of Louisiana? I am a big fan of road bikes cause I like to ride fast and get places.

• Like 1

I am having a hard time following your line of reasoning Mr. Baker. Are you looking for a bicycle to ride on the flat streets of Dallas or the backwoods of Louisiana? I am a big fan of road bikes cause I like to ride fast and get places.

He should just get a cyclocross bike from bikes direct.

A shocking first post sir, one that may ignite feelings of anger or those of unity.

So, my leg gets numb like it is asleep after about 30 miles of riding. Seems to start in the foot and is persistent. Yea, I think that asking for advice here is not really going to get me anywhere but if anyone has any ideas I would be open to hearing em.

Touring bike/never fitted/clip in pedals/ on a bike I used to ride all the time about 10 years back and recently pulled from storage to start riding again.

also...just because it is a fixed gear .....doesnt mean its not a road bike. track bikes have specific geometry to the frames that make them track bikes.

yes..i agree...all track bikes also are all fixed.

i will say this...if you are not somewhat in shape...and havnt been riding lately....hopping on a fixed gear for the first time is not easy.

I just picked a used Centurion road bike priced at $70 at this bike shop called Bike Works where you basically go into their store, pick a bike and they fix it up for you. Its a silver Cavaletto (forgot what year) and needs a some repairing. The estimated price for when it is fixed up is about $250. I have not owned a bike since i was maybe six or seven, so I know very little about bikes.

Is this a good deal? It has steel handlebar, which I like because it puts more weight in the front, which seems comfortable, but the guy said that replacing it with a aluminum one would make it lighter and better. It has one of those old gear changers also, where its like two little metal levers that you need to adjust to find the right speed. The bike also needs new tires and some other shit that will end up costing 250.

Also, if I barely clear the frame, does that mean the bike is too big?

• Like 1

some broad gave me a fixed gear schwinn. I finally sold it for 125 dollars. I like gears. This particular bike tho. When they removed the gear hookup some how or other unless the back tire was adjusted way far back the chain would be loose and fall off. Well... with all that tension on the chain it was the functional equivalent of the bike always being in a downhill gear. I'm searching for a new bike. Probably get it used and have it tuned up. Looking to spend 4-500. Maybe a mountain bike. My old hookup was a Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo. It was stolen from me.