The Lucid Dreaming Thread

Milton

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard seeking invented dice, and the phonograph.

I haven't had much experience save the one last night, but once you realize the you're dreaming, is stuff still fun, like if I were sleeping with a beautiful women, would it suck because I knew I was dreaming, or would it still be good because it feels real? Also, can you ever go back to "regular" dreaming? Like if I decide its no fun to know could I go back to just being an ignorant participant. And last but not least, can you still have restful sleep even if you're concious of the dreams.

Those light switches are a bitch, I hope I can do it tonight. I have a friend that naturally realizes he's dreaming without even working at it, he has like a 200 IQ though.

Holler

Originally posted by El Mamerro

-Be aware that you could get some seriously frightening mishaps. A few times I've found myself in a recurring false-awakening loop that seems like it never ends. One time I must've falsely woken up no less 25 times before I really did wake up. It's really fucking scary cause you can start to believe you're stuck forever. You can also get accidental OBE's during these false awakenings, and if they catch you off guard you'll be scared shitless.

This happens to me every time I fall asleep reading on this one couch in my house, if I am in the right position. One time it happened while I was reading Naked Lunch, and, suffice it to say, I haven't dared to fall asleep there since. The false-awakening loop would always come after a lucid dream in which I was reading (clearly because I would fall asleep while actually reading); I would be reading in my sleep, then I would slowly shift out of sleep and start mumbling gibberish, then fall back asleep and keep reading, then shift out again over and over and over...I think what happens is as I realize I am asleep, I attempt to try to understand what I am reading, and the task of creating sensical writing from nowhere is too much, so I am overloaded with gibberish and begin the horrible cycle of false-awakening. Naked Lunch brought the horror to a whole new level, and I now fear that couch.

im not sure what this is about but is it that greek myth or something about a blk. hair girl that looks good and kisses you in yr sleep and sucks you dry and you wake up barely breathing. i heard thats the reason for crib death because this girl i think named sucubla or something can't have kids so they go for babies. im not sure what im talking about

im off to bed.

ive been taking this anxiety medicine to get to sleep - it shuts out the thoughts in your head that say "can i get to sleep? will i be able to get enough rest? will i sleep through my alarm" etc. anyways, since i started taking it i've been having some dreams that have been very meaningful.. just a thought.

hopefully i have one tonight, whether its lucid or not.

sometimes i can fly in my dreams. alot of times I'll be being chased by someone(usually the police) and ill be running faster and faster and jumping over things and eventually I start to just hover.

once i had a dream that i ollied off a gigantic cliff and I was doing all these tricks in the air, while I was floating.

Step One: get a dream journal. Place it next to your bed. Don't piss, eat or shit before you write an entry. Focus on what you have dreamed. If you have a computer handy when you wake up http://www.dreamjournal.org works.

You have to be dedicated. This will help you focus on remembering your dreams. Even if you never get to the point of lucid dreaming once you get into the habit of focusing on your dreams then your memory of them will go up about 60%. Which doesn't hurt in my opinion.

Originally posted by space base

are you taking ambiens?

hahaha... i was taking ambiens first, when i'd wait to long after taking them to go to bed i'd get a kind of drunken feeling of being light headed and dizzy. than i took sonataa and it was cool except i kept waking up in the middle of the night. now i'm taking doxepin, it works different than the formers but it gets me to sleep nonetheless.

experimenting with Brainwave Generator...available at www.bwgen.com

it's a binaural beats program. i found a crack after searching for almost ever...the current version is 3.1.9 that should help you out if you're interested in the program. you need headphones. it won't work through your speakers, as the sounds have to be seperated in your ears...ya dig?

it's pretty cool, but i'm trying to astral project and lucid dream. no results yet, but it's been less than a day since i started fooling around with bwgen.

hope that helps bring this thread back. i'm really interested in this subject.

• 1 month later...
Guest 40ozProphet

Bump for lucid dreams.

I can have low level lucid dreams almost any time I want, but they don't last long. I recently had a dream that had various periods of lucidity in it, the dream was about Hobo Moon. All full moons have names, and me and my brother were having this huge party for 'Hobo Moon', which in my dream was one of the moons celebrating the history of hobos. Kinda like Harvest Moon is to commemorate the end of the farming season.

man, yesterday sucked and my dream made it shittier

My day :

I wake up at 7 30 am, get ready, eat, go to work. I start working at 9:00 am, work straight till 12:00 pm. go to lunch, get back at 1:00pm, work straight till 6:00 pm, get off work, go into traffic, then home. So fucking tired. I eat alone, (I live alone), I lay on the bed and dozed off till about 12:00am. what the fuck dream did I have? I dreamed I was at work!! fuck!! the same people, the same fucking office, same desk, copy machine, argh! I wake up and Im like "fuck, that was the worst dream at the worst time ever!"

anyway.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I had a very lucid dream a few nights back, one I came upon after I realized I was in a ridiculous situation (I had somehow survived a 50-foot drop without a scratch) that simply wasn't possible. I did the usual routine of slowly warming up my "powers" so that I wouldn't wake up immediately, and before long, I was off flying and creating events, and willingly letting others go as they usually would (you learn a lot about yourself by passively observing what your mind creates unconsciously). Then I came upon a problem that further exemplifies how hard it is to be 100% in control...

I tried to fly while grabbing a heavy object (an ambulance... don't ask), and I just couldn't. Even though I was perfectly aware that the ambulance was not real and that it had no weight whatsoever (quite Matrix-like), I couldn't seem to convince my mind of it. It took me quite some time of concentrated mental effort, relaxing, and focusing before I could lift it off and drag it, but it was still holding me close to the ground. Eventually the mental strain was too much and it woke me up. It's tough to battle against years and years of accumulated experiences that describe how the world works.

I'm still having quite a bit of trouble maintaining lucidity, I can maybe once or twice a week realize that I'm dreaming, but I just start doing backflips in the air or swimming in the ground and wake up... I'll get it eventually, what is this "warming up your powers" Mammero?

• 2 years later...

Oh, yo, fuck! I never do this shit cuz it's dumb, but I had a wicked dream last night and if I type it right now, maybe I'll be able to continue it when I go back to sleep.

I was a weapons manufacturer in some crazy world where old school battles take place. I create a super weapon and fall in love with nobility, then war breaks out and it's like I'm trying to escape the wrath of the enemy's forces. Fuck, it was exciting.

I had a dream about this girl I used to work with when I was in high school. It was a dream, but in memory form..

She asked if I wanted todo something after work one night, so we went out to get some food and see a movie. She was a pretty cute redhead. We hung out a couple times after that, just driving around, doing high school shit. Her dad was a cop and was shot and killed in dc about a month later. After that we really didnt get to hang out, it basically shut her down.

Anyways, I had completely forgotten about her until the other night. Makes me wonder where she is and what shes up to..

I don't know if this is actually lucid dreaming or whatever, but it was weird anyway. I was trying to get some sleep the other night, thinking about stuff etc. not really getting anywhere. I opened my eyes and I saw this girl I know, sitting next to me, I didn't feel like I was dreaming at all. as I looked her (she was looking at me) her face morphed into mine, then into this really fucking ugly person.

it was scary.

I want to do this but I have a couple problems. One is that I can't remember dreams ever in the first place, the other is that I have trouble falling asleep. So I can't really sit there thinking over and over, "Is this a dream?" Although I tried.

Help me lucid dreamers.

I dream everynight in color, usually I only remember snippets. I rarely can control my dreams, because I wake up when I realize its a dream. Sometimes I can watch my dreams, kinda like a movie, knowing its a dream, though usually its b&w.

The coolest thing I can do at night is a meditation of sorts. I relax and invision that the black/grey static is a room that is growing. I can "walk around" in it and create objects. The problem is when I do this if Im not careful I cant fall asleep because Im fully rested and then I get frustrated trying to fall asleep. I have a method for achiving this peaceful state but Im not sure i can explain it.

The first few times I did this I got vertigo, it was really scary.

Archived