The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest JohnLester#31

^Agreed,

Man, those 30 footers are something else. The end of this summer i saw 10 footers on the North East coast, pretty big for the particular area I think.

sweet, yeah you guys have been getting some good swells lately. get yourself a cheap digi water camera and get out there. my olympus does the job pretty well for about $180 ;)

o.k a couple of questions....firstly i just bought some fuji 1600iso colour film in the hope of getting some shots on new years. does anyone have any ideas about shutter speeds? shooting predominately well lit streets. just deciding whether i could get away with using my diana mini which has a fixed shutter speed (around 1/60th i think) or if i'll have to bust out my slr.

also i was recently given an old nikon slr with 3 lenses (nikon) could i use these lenses on a new nikon dslr? if so it would be awesome cos i've been looking around for a d90 body and have found them for around $500.....what do you reckon? good plan?

cheers for any help :)

sweet, yeah you guys have been getting some good swells lately. get yourself a cheap digi water camera and get out there. my olympus does the job pretty well for about $180 ;)

o.k a couple of questions....firstly i just bought some fuji 1600iso colour film in the hope of getting some shots on new years. does anyone have any ideas about shutter speeds? shooting predominately well lit streets. just deciding whether i could get away with using my diana mini which has a fixed shutter speed (around 1/60th i think) or if i'll have to bust out my slr.

also i was recently given an old nikon slr with 3 lenses (nikon) could i use these lenses on a new nikon dslr? if so it would be awesome cos i've been looking around for a d90 body and have found them for around $500.....what do you reckon? good plan?

Yes, what body and lenses did you get?

aight iso speed is film speed. 1600 is good if you're shooting in low light. shutter speeds can be faster in lower light if you have a higher iso. 1600 iso film is perfect for shooting indoors esp. if you've got a fixed 1/60th shutter speed.

as for the lenses if they have the same mount they'll work they just might not have AF. google the lens, check the mount and then see if it matches with the d90 body.