The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So my darkroom is finished. I've put about 15 hours in three days total in there so far. Printing is a lot easier than I thought it would be, but I'm using resin coated papers, so we'll see how easy I think it is when I try fiber based.

I'd put some pictures, but I've only printed pictures that have already been scanned to the computer from the negatives. I'm still not about to develop a whole roll of negatives myself, but I've got a bulk loader and some empty cartridiges, so I'm putting about 5-10 exposures on each and practicing developing negatives that way.

And the milk room darkroom is pretty damn cold already.

Hey Kaiser does that film just give an overexposed look or is that set in camera? Pretty sweet lookin.

it's meant to look slightly overexposed (high saturation) but it was my 1st time using this camera and i prob had a few exposures that were too long. shooting manual with a 30 year old camera is tricky but rewarding when you get it right. cheers bro.

Second day of snow here, but the first was back in the middle of October.

So I developed my first good roll film today, followed by a 36 exposure loss. I've learned that the recommended temperatures are bullshit for me. To develop prints, the developer I'm using says to keep it at 68F (20C) and leave it in the developer for 60 seconds, but I only get good results when I have the temperature at least at 75 and then it takes about 100 seconds to get a good print. The only good roll of film (out of three) I got today was about at 80~82F and 30 seconds longer than what they said. The other film was just a 10 exposure test from a bulk loader, but I think that film is expired, and the 36 exposure was a nice Ilford delta 400 that I was excited to see.

All in all, I'm just pissed off about how much all these recommended times and temperatures have been off for me.

That said, my aunt got 5 "new" slr cameras so we tested out a couple of those today using the kodak 400cn stuff and got it developed at walmart. Tomorrow I should have some snow pictures, but now cows will have to do. These are all test bs.

4161406415_faf62b4cc3.jpg

4161421727_84fc435368.jpg

4161419647_c94fcfb1e2.jpg

4161414341_747c6595e0.jpg

4162161556_811ece2fc4.jpg

4161418261_f426a206a9.jpg

4162173934_227069af03.jpg

If anyone can guess what this is for. Mega-props.

4161402339_5c03cf3eed.jpg

4162166172_d129b0b9f6.jpg

• Like 1