The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Adding onto what serum said, straight on head shots are usually only good for models' composites. If they're planning on being full on models and going to legit castings/auditions a plain, no/very little makeup shot with bright normal lighting is best. You could always do "out-there" hair and make, but honestly those pages get skipped pretty quickly.

If you're talking about more portrait work than I have no idea.

Edit: I should say that straight on head shot can be good in a model's portfolio, but usually only if there's a high brand name along with the face.

I notice cool stuff after I pull a photo up on a monitor later, but it's ultimately your composition skills that did it either on purpose or not while lining up the shot.

Coolest thing I've ever got lucky with was a tilt shift shot where I lined everything up using a tripod then didn't look through the view finder when I hit the shutter release.

Got home and was going through the shots and noticed a bird somehow ended up in the narrow area of focus.

2009_05_08_1536_46.jpg