The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

^they are aren't they? im in the midst of a bureaucratic nightmare right now - so i got a grant for the cameras and my pay and all that to do this, and the organization was not happy at allllll with the product, and have been going back into the files and pulling out photos of muchhh worse quality. they wanna do an exhibition of photos that show 'windows of peace'. so they chose kids posing in front of their homework, smiling etc. instead of the photos that i've been showing here, which are much stronger images in my opinion (and if i allow myself to be arrogant, i know a little bit more about this sort of thing than a social worker).

done venting - i wish these kids had internet/computers/cameras/knew english so they could get on here and contribute, that would be sooo dope if we had 30 kids from the panamanian hood posting daily in the days in pies thread. oh well. (ps, the organization took the cameras back, none of these kids got cameras now), kinda bullshit.

This sounds awesome, minus the fact that they don't like the good stuff. Like other people have said, you should take the strong images and do something with them like a blog or something where the pictures can be seen, that's important!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

People generally have shit taste, I design websites for 3 Hospitals and these department head douches always try to turn the site into a boring ass online brochure. Try to engage them asking them why they chose what they chose and then use that to point out what they might be overlooking. The problem is they know their customers/clients way better than you, but you understand your field way better than them.

They don't have any professional experience or knowledge in these matters and don't want to think too hard about it. They may ask their nephew who sucks but owns a camera and go with their opinion on shit. If you can engage them the right way under the right circumstances you may be able to show them how studying your specific field for years could benefit them more and why they aren't getting their moneys worth. People skills are huge part of my skill set now having to deal with PHD's who "know best" and then helping them "know better".

It is so much easier for kids/teenagers to run up on someone and take a picture. and to think, we fret/talk about how hard it is frequently, and they don't even think twice about shoving a camera in a stranger's face.

^so true.

some rad images for sure,

some old stuff i've revisited..

5227281167_13b8ca590a_z.jpg

5227876852_47e2c8049d_z.jpg

5227280583_77a1dea260_z.jpg

5227280021_4b67aece8a_z.jpg

5227875632_532c0e23c1_z.jpg

• Like 1

So my time is wrapping up here, been spending a lot of time in photoshop re-doing photos in bw, i'm pretty sure that for an entire project this is the one i'll end up using. Some of these photographs are over a year old, not sure which ones i've shown. none of them have been seen in bw though.

5229920313_4695ac68c5_z.jpg

5230513160_be3f22c521_z.jpg

5229921131_fd874b3c63_z.jpg

5229921999_3479c2519c_z.jpg

5230514308_b881a64bfe_z.jpg

5230514508_dd5a168698_z.jpg

5230515500_d1d47cebae_z.jpg

props to mercer for convincing me that this wasn't trash. i think its gonna go in the final product.

5230515454_a217310af5_z.jpg

theological discussions about the value of the bible, written on the walls of a former crackhouse.

i have really mixed feelings about leaving next week. i feel like i could continue this project forever.

I'd take a look at the histogram/curves and bring the highlights up if you're going to edit it.

That pretty much goes for both of them, sometimes if it's flat light or just underexposed you can fix that.

In photoshop go to image/adjustments/curves a histogram will show up letting you know if your whites are white or blacks are black.

Peep: link

edited.jpg.7d1ee787a98ffe5315b5e2c64f26c868.jpg