The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

good shit- i'd definitely like to see more, please put all those pictures in one post though, there are only 20 posts to a page and when everyone puts one image in a post a lot of images get lost in backpages pretty quickly. the more images a page, the better.

i really like the tree and the worried/bored people at the station.

Here are some more images from my students out in the burbs.

5224251590_71a84f4d90_z.jpg

Little kids get paid pittances to scrape the mud off of the trucks here. Its still the rainy season.

5224251696_56f58d8cc7_z.jpg

5224251868_4e0d412e5c_z.jpg

A lot of these neighborhoods haven't been there long enough to have paved roads. I'm in the background cold chillin

5223654101_fdee8a0229_z.jpg

5224252064_bf04d65fd2_z.jpg

It is so much easier for kids/teenagers to run up on someone and take a picture. and to think, we fret/talk about how hard it is frequently, and they don't even think twice about shoving a camera in a stranger's face.

5223654337_7a05571d78_z.jpg

5224252274_1b932fe722_z.jpg

5223654497_9fcc1046f4_z.jpg

5224252484_27116e5155_z.jpg

I only got a week more here.

• Like 1

Love the shot of the dogs, perfect timing with the ears up, what country? Im asuming South America??

I tend to go for single shot posts, so when people quote them, theres not loads of shots repeated, but yeah I see your point, will do that on this thread.

The station pic is Jaipur bus station, shot from the hip to avoid sticking a camera in a strangers face, Im way to old to get away with that.

More here http://www.flickr.com/photos/skire

^they are aren't they? im in the midst of a bureaucratic nightmare right now - so i got a grant for the cameras and my pay and all that to do this, and the organization was not happy at allllll with the product, and have been going back into the files and pulling out photos of muchhh worse quality. they wanna do an exhibition of photos that show 'windows of peace'. so they chose kids posing in front of their homework, smiling etc. instead of the photos that i've been showing here, which are much stronger images in my opinion (and if i allow myself to be arrogant, i know a little bit more about this sort of thing than a social worker).

done venting - i wish these kids had internet/computers/cameras/knew english so they could get on here and contribute, that would be sooo dope if we had 30 kids from the panamanian hood posting daily in the days in pies thread. oh well. (ps, the organization took the cameras back, none of these kids got cameras now), kinda bullshit.

That is fucking bullshit.

Do a blog for them or something. Post the real shit. I bet at least one or two them could go on do something with right inspiration and tools.

I'd be down to contribute some money to send those kids cameras if there was a way they could get them to you to post or something.

What kind of fucking organization does shit like that? Don't put them on blast since you are involved, but they should be giving them one computer(a cheap one will do) or asking people to donate their old crap and let them keep them cameras. You don't take candy from a kid who's never had it.. ya know..?

Leland that's a negative

we have been on some beast shit lately here with the camera and some of the cats from school. will post flicks tomorrow probably.

Mayor its awesome to see these kids photos they progressed super quick and they're takin better photos then some of the "Pro's" Keep steering those kids in the right direction im sure they'll appreciate all the time you've spent with them.

Mayor - Nah back home in London town, the India shots are from 2006 Agra & Jaipur, appart from the 2 shots with white borders which are 1998 and way down south.... (and the last is Paris must 5 or 6 years back cos the grey hairs havent kicked in....)

OMG yeah that was once a cow.