The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

so i noticed while editing some photos today that some stuff in the corners of my photos are out of focus. generally i shoot most stuff in auto focus. anyone know what the problem would be that's causing this? i shoot with a d80 and a tamron 10-24 mm lens.

lens distortion from the width of your lens maybe. what f/stop are you using. auto-focus usually selects focus points too so unless you can select all the points manually i think you may be out of luck

like the first one of your last post a lot Ohmygosh

waffle-usually 3.5-5.6 most of the time. it's really not a huge deal as what i wanna shoot is usually in focus, but the stuff on the edges is slightly out of focus. you can't really notice it unless you zoom way in on the picture. thanks for the info though.

and ohmygosh i'm digging all those shots. i miss exploring in the woods and finding stuff like that.

I have lenses that are always a little less crisp in the corners, sometimes it's the glass itself.

Even when I crank the aperture to f/22 it still comes out a little blurry distorted if you look close.

That's why some lenses cost way more than others even though they have the same specs.

So I finally developed a new roll, the first since I've moved, and I decided to take it to a local camera store for scanning. First off, guy tells me it won't be ready until tomorrow afternoon (it's not even noon yet today) which I really don't get because it should take them MAYBE five minutes to do. He then tells me if I want high resolution scans it'll be the 10 dollar base fee plus 2 dollars for EVERY EXPOSURE.

I don't really know much about scanning machines, but how much extra work does the actual employee have to do for high resolution?

10 dollars just to scan a developed, uncut roll is already too expensive, but that extra fee for high resolution seems insane.

Before I went to a CVS where the lady did everything in a couple minutes and only charged me around 3 dollars, but I haven't seen a pharmacy around here where the photo person seemed to know what they were doing.

Not that I really know how lab scanners work but I imagine that the higher reolution the scan then the more time it takes the machine to actually carry it out so you get the higher charge for the reduced amount of time they have to do other things. $2 extra for every exposure on top of a tenner is wild though, surely that's just wrong?

The cost of shooting film has been getting to me lately. I think I might get back on my digital hustle a bit more.

i've been charged 85 cents per exposure at a mini lab. scanning is always expensive but it does take longer than 5 minutes if you want it done well.

i've been looking into buying my own scanner to avoid this but even then it will not be anywhere near the quality of a professional scan. the ones im looking at ranged at around 200. the ones they use are about 5000...

waffle-usually 3.5-5.6 most of the time. it's really not a huge deal as what i wanna shoot is usually in focus, but the stuff on the edges is slightly out of focus. you can't really notice it unless you zoom way in on the picture. thanks for the info though.

and ohmygosh i'm digging all those shots. i miss exploring in the woods and finding stuff like that.

i've shot that lens and noticed the same thing. pretty sure its the lens. either the super wideness of it of quality?